The Official Authors' Hangout National Nude Day 2018 Support Thread

New to writing stories but this themed contest sounds like fun, covering one of my favorite subjects to read about. I'm looking forward to writing an entry and to reading other authors work. Happy writing and reading to all. :)

I'm actively writing two possible entries. There are other possibles in the Pending folder.

One is taking a long time to develop. It has several nude people but why they are nude isn't covered yet, and won't be for several pages. In the other one the characters are moving the plot away from Nude Day to a more general romance story.

It has several nude people but why they are nude isn't covered yet, and won't be for several pages.

Unexplained nudity? That sounds like fun.

Reminds me of one of my strange ideas for stories that are way too high concept to work here. Everyone in the world is nude and depicted doing mundane things for a while, with their state of undress altogether unexplained. Then at some point a character is tempted to eat an apple and suddenly becomes conscious of their nudity. Then another, and another, until it turns into an all-out fall-from-Eden erotic affair. I've been watching way too many religio-absurdist Buñuel movies...

I hope no one is tracking the research I'm doing for one of my potential contest entries.

They could get worried that I'm planning something serious.

I am - the plot of my story. :rolleyes:

I hope no one is tracking the research I'm doing for one of my potential contest entries.

They could get worried that I'm planning something serious.

I am - the plot of my story. :rolleyes:
What, you're writing yourself into your story as the primary plot, and you're researching yourself on-line?

Wait, there's a dash in your last sentence... Carry on, Ogg ;).

What, you're writing yourself into your story as the primary plot, and you're researching yourself on-line?

Wait, there's a dash in your last sentence... Carry on, Ogg ;).

I've killed a couple of people in the draft so far. I've been researching the postmortem signs of the killer's method.

I try to keep the real me off-line now that I have retired from community activities. As oggbashan and my stories I'm in too many places.

Expletive deleted.

The postmortem signs indicate one of two things. I'd used both, confusing myself and my fictional pathologist.

Do I leave the plot as it is? Or change it?

At nearly 10,000 words I'm inclined to avoid a major rewrite.

Pulled the trigger

After two months of writing, another two months of editing and revising whole sections, then taking two weeks off and then re-reading the story and fixing the final few grammatical errors and adding a plot twist then taking another two weeks off and rereading again, my first story has been submitted. It is a Nude Day take on A Christmas Carol, and I am excited to see how it is received.

I've just completed the near-final version of one entry. I'll leave it overnight before a last read through. I'm not sure which category fits best. There isn't one for murder mysteries.

After two months of writing, another two months of editing and revising whole sections, then taking two weeks off and then re-reading the story and fixing the final few grammatical errors and adding a plot twist then taking another two weeks off and rereading again, my first story has been submitted. It is a Nude Day take on A Christmas Carol, and I am excited to see how it is received.

Better late than never! Good luck.

I'm in as well, with a little au courant tale about a life-changing naked selfie.

I've just submitted my first entry. It is four Lit pages and I've suggested the Loving Wives category.

Now I can look at the drafts of the other possible entries.

The postmortem signs indicate one of two things. I'd used both, confusing myself and my fictional pathologist.

At nearly 10,000 words I'm inclined to avoid a major rewrite.

The pathologist's profession is not always open-and-shut. Indeed, medicine itself often seems to involve a decision-tree process, with conflicting indications.

Can't read your mind, but it would seem that, at most, a minor rewrite might fix the issue, with the pathologist explaining towards the end pf the story why he had been confused.

Look forward to reading it in any case.

Oh, and BTW, thanks for taking this all on.

Three days to the start.

This thread is very short so far for a contest. I hope there are more entries out there.

Submitted, times 2.

Life's been busy lately, folks, but... where is everybody?

My story will be there tomorrow. Good thing it got written a while back. The setting has been burning for several days.

First anon comment and expected low voting on my story.

Putting it into Loving Wives? What did I expect? :rolleyes:

Expletive deleted.

Having looked at it - good read! - I think you handled it very well.

Good luck to all who enter.

Amazing! My entry is creeping up to a rating in the higher 3s.

I should reintroduce The Authors' Hangout Last Place (tm) Contest. My story would win - except that I am permanently disqualified. :)

I'll likely have my story done by the weekend. It is set on a canoe trip in the wilderness of northeastern Ontario Canada. I just wanted to know, what happens if a story doesn't get 25 votes? My first story took a month to get there, barely. My second has only earned 10 votes in two weeks. Does the story get rejected or something?

Back