Michigan Roll Call

Should be having fun, but...

Bored out of my fucking mind at Portage Lake with the in-laws. Thank God I drove separately! I plan to get home before my boys do, so I can finish editing an audio for upload ;)

Bored out of my fucking mind at Portage Lake with the in-laws. Thank God I drove separately! I plan to get home before my boys do, so I can finish editing an audio for upload ;)

Sounds like your bored brains need a fucking!

Made it home from the UP without much issue. Might have been a long weekend but sure felt short.

A few views of our 4th

7UOsnptm.jpg

QJwNKHxm.jpg

Beautiful photos Eric!

Thanks. We spent a few hours in Escanaba but ended up driving back to the house. We spent a good part of the 4th up in Marquette including the fireworks that night. I have family up there and we parked right by her house but didn't stop in :eek: If we needed a spot we would have.

Thanks. We spent a few hours in Escanaba but ended up driving back to the house. We spent a good part of the 4th up in Marquette including the fireworks that night. I have family up there and we parked right by her house but didn't stop in :eek: If we needed a spot we would have.

I love Marquette. Sounds like you had a good time! I've spent many a winter up north, but have never visited the Keweena in the summer. I can't wait to see it alive.

Last edited:
Spend a lot of time in Marquette? If so we need to have a PM one day. I can tell you a good story that you probably will fully know where I'm talking about. I've been up there every year since I was born

I've gone up every winter for the past ten years, spending most of my time on the snowmobile trails.
I'm hoping to sneak off with the hubby on those trails this weekend. :D knowing him, it's just a hope. But maybe...

My trips were always during the summer lots of time spent at Lighthouse Cove at the south end of the beach front

That was really the story. I have family right there by the cove. If you knew the area there I'd fill you in more on the history of her house and the city.

Going to the Emagine Theater in Royal Oak in a bit to see the Minions! Woot! Recliners too baby!

Going to the Emagine Theater in Royal Oak in a bit to see the Minions! Woot! Recliners too baby!

My thoughts are an afternoon at Metro Beach......OH, my bad, Lake St. Clair Metro park. Because leaving the name and not having to change all the signs was way to hard.

Emagine is a game changer! Never again do I have to suffer threw a movie without a pina colada. I've never had a bad experience. Thank you, Rum!

My thoughts are an afternoon at Metro Beach......OH, my bad, Lake St. Clair Metro park. Because leaving the name and not having to change all the signs was way to hard.

I spent countless hours at metro when I had my boat... Haven't been out there since I moved back to Michigan tho.

The seat next to me is open.. I'll buy the popcorn if you wear a sundress... ;)

Did I not specify my love for rum?! Movie theaters are chilly... I'd wear a light sundress so everyone can see my n.... goosebumps!
I would assume the Minion movie draws a young crowd so no one but the dilfs would notice anyways. :rolleyes:

Did I not specify my love for rum?! Movie theaters are chilly... I'd wear a light sundress so everyone can see my n.... goosebumps!
I would assume the Minion movie draws a young crowd so no one but the dilfs would notice anyways. :rolleyes:

Lol.. I don't usually have a woman barking out orders...

We coulda skipped the movie and got a hot tub room with rum and margaritas! ;)

The movie was good.. Lots of laughs. I'll probably see it again at the movies..

I spent countless hours at metro when I had my boat... Haven't been out there since I moved back to Michigan tho.

Nothing but the name has changed

One of my boys and his girlfriend took my wife's and my bikes out there yesterday. Round trip from our house to the point and back, 25 miles. :eek: And I struggle with a 6 mile ride.

We ended up at a local St. Clair Shores park yesterday. Subway for dinner and some Frisbee with just the family. Had a great time and some good family fun. AND, they actually stayed home last night so I was able to get to bed before midnight

I love Marquette. Sounds like you had a good time! I've spent many a winter up north, but have never visited the Keweena in the summer. I can't wait to see it alive.

Ah Keweenaw, spent many summers as a youth up there. Grandfather lived in the second to last house on Calumet Ave. in Calumet. Uncle had the first cabin on Lake Superior north of Mclain State Park. I fished just about every stream up there for Brookies, picked countless buckets of blueberries and thimbleberries, and ate more pasty pies then I can count.

Morning everyone. Off to breakfast and then to see Minion's. May go down to the farm and shoot afterwards and visit friends at Cedar Point.

Gonna be a long day.

I've become very selective on my Pasties over the years. Lehtos about 5 miles west on US 2 coming from the bridge is our stop on the way home for me.

While up there, Browns party store in Little Lake. Val makes them from scratch and cooks them right there in the store.....THE BEST

Back