What is crossing your mind right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two days in a row I have smelled a burning smell... in two different rooms. I am not sure whether it is coming from outside or where.. but it is driving me crazy!

Two days in a row I have smelled a burning smell... in two different rooms. I am not sure whether it is coming from outside or where.. but it is driving me crazy!

You didn't get any mold in your house before you had your roof done, did ya?

Not that I know of.. shouldn't have, the roof was never off for more than a few hours. Why?

Mold can leave an acrid smell in the air..if you had any of the original shingles on fail, they can allow mold to grow on the sheathing...not enough venitlation or insulation will cause it too

for some reason that popped in my head...

been watching too much Holmes on Homes...:)

Mold can leave an acrid smell in the air..if you had any of the original shingles on fail, they can allow mold to grow on the sheathing...not enough venitlation or insulation will cause it too

for some reason that popped in my head...

been watching too much Holmes on Homes...:)
Okay Holmes.. how do I find out and what do I do about it? :D

Is actually a burning smell or a sensation?

If you can get in your attic you can look for it on the sheathing ,rafters or joists ...it'll be black
It smells like a match has been struck. If I didn't know better I'd think these kitties were playing with matches behind my back! ;)

Ahh.. well, getting in the attic is a problem.. I guess as long as it won't spontaneously combust (it won't will it?) I will wait until I can get some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back