Looking for Shawl/Poncho Knitting Patterns

More knitting fun. :D;)
h9E0B8884

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7119291136/h9E0B8884/

Kind of strange. :)

Yes, but it is sure to keep your nose warm! :D

I don't know what movie that face mask is from, but it's very popular amongst the meme crowd.

I don't know what movie that face mask is from, but it's very popular amongst the meme crowd.

Dark Knight Rises - from the character Bane:

https://encrypted-tbn0.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzyHarb5Oxr_monSJnuqtPMXKcCP-56RJbXPqrZvgqlT6ouixpNw

I never know when the image is going to show up, which is why I post the link with it. You should have seen an angry clown knitted head. :D

Not sure how you'll make money with angry clown heads, but whatever . . . ;););):D

Many of the yarn manufacturers have free patterns on their websites: Lionbrand, Bernat, red heart, etc. Also, craft stores that sell yarn also usually have little free flyers. You can also try websites for knitting tools, Clover, Boye, the Crochet Dude, etc.

Another free resource is if you know someone with a redonk-ulous amount of knitting crap, usually they are happy to give some stuff away. Mostly because its an excuse to go buy replacement crap. Craft supplies really are an addiction.

Aaaaannnd, if you find a pattern you really like in a book you need to purchase, just spend the 10 bucks. Here's why: you see it, but think, I can just find one like it for free. So you go online. Your time is money, so assuming your time is the $7.50 minimum wage, after 1 hour 20 minutes online you are now losing money. Think about this, you get to your computer, you do your search, and also get distracted in Facebook, emails, phone calls, looking at other patterns or products, or you may even get sucked in by your virtual farm or cute cat pics. And, unless you took a pic of the pattern, you may doubt your memory as to what it looked like, especially after seeing 20 or 30. With the store book you can also read before you buy to ensure you understand it. So even if you like only 1 out of the book, it's much less hassle and you can start sooner buy just buying it

Geeze. Where did you find this?:eek: :)

You know, I don't know what it was that I was looking for when this came up. You have ruined me, I can't see knitted things without thinking of you now, especially silly things like this! :D

Ravelry is my go-to site, especially with the good search functions.

My other favorite site is Patternfish.com . The patterns generally aren't free, but very reasonable, AND you get a preview of the yarn requirements, needle sizes, etc.

My first stop is ravelry. You can search for very specific things and when yarn shopping you can look at other projects with a particular color or stitch pattern, see what you like. It's really fantastic.

Geeze. Where did you find this?:eek: :)

I think I can answer that - some nursing mothers these days get annoyed at being asked to cover up their breasts when nursing in public, so they knit cute little beanies to match their 'offensive' breasts.

I think the better question is, why? LOL

So, like GF said, it's a nipple beanie? I don't know :) Personally, I was always one to nurse in private. It was distracting enough to do it in private without an audience...

Back