The black mask (closed for heartofcourage)

"I will be the judge of that." the figure spoke in response as he began to run a claw gently on the spines, even if it was sharp enough to cut on touch, it not making a mark showed how much control of his body the creature had. Those golden eyes read over the spines "..historical buff..mm?"

He looks back "..It was a fine question. Don't talk on yourself like that..better then that "TV" he spoke with a shake of his head "all they have done was kept me awake the few times I slept with their noise.." he soon had a small pile..mostly a few on general American history "Been in this country for awhile..and I've really yet to get a full grasp on what happened.."
 
“Yeah, I’ve always loved history.” She admitted, her cheeks flushing red at his observation. “If you want something good, then read this.” She leaned across his arm to reach a thick book from the shelf, her warm body pressing against him.

Pulling the book from the shelf, she offered it to him, noticing how close she was to him all of the sudden. “Sorry.” She said breathlessly, pulling away from him as he took the book. “I’m clumsy sometimes around people I’ve just met. A silly little tick I have.” She tried to explain, feeling so hopelessly awkward next to him and only wanting to make a good impression.
 
Demetri's eyes paused a moment as he watched her "Well..I am glad some people now still hold a interest in it..during my time I did some collecting of historical records myself.." he pauses feeling the warmth on his form..he could hear it..but now this close, gently pressing into him..it was..surprising but pleasant..very very pleasant.

He just gently paused at her reaction as she pulled away he paused a moment "..It is fine..you did nothing wrong. You won't drive me away.." he spoke gently to her as he gathered the books as he began to walk to the nearby couch. He paused a moment looking back to her "Will you be joining me? Would be very boring just reading alone without your thoughts and your own imput on the work."
 
Caroline looked at him in surprise and smiled gently as he asked if she was joining him. She thought about saying no, that she better be getting to bed, but she suddenly thought that she might not get another opportunity to get close to him again.

“Sure.” She said as she followed him to the couch and sat down on the pulled out mattress, making herself comfortable as she waited for him to take his spot. “Oh, this is one of my favorites too.” She said as she pulled a book about the Salem Witch Trials from the pile. “It really gets in depth into the stories about the women and men accused.”

She hadn’t had someone to talk about books with in her entire life. They were her comfort and her secret love. Having someone else there that loved them as much as she did made her heart soar.
 
Demetri paused "You do look tired..if you require sle..." he responded but he paused she seemed insistent. He smiled that soft closed mouth smile he did out of habit as he watched the couch fold out. There was a spark of curiosity in his eye, obvious he's not seen such a thing but he settled down upon it.

He took a moment to look upon the book she plucked out pausing "..I..recall hearing on that..but mostly from the aspect of those that accused others. " he spoke softly as he took a moment to watch her talk on it before giving a nod "I shall be sure to read it then..anything in particular you enjoyed?" From the time he came from..without modern conceives, conversations on books, fiction or not was far more common..within his mind he was a bit surprised on how her heart began to pick up speed..not out of nervousness..but joy and excitement.
 
“I’m not sure what appeals to me about the topic. Maybe it’s the mass hysteria that took over the crowd. I’m amazed that so many people believed in it.” She said as he took the book and regarded it. “Kind of like vampires.” She grinned as she looked at him, laughing softly at the expression on his face.

She relaxed on the soft mattress of the pull out bed, a sigh leaving her lips as her body unwound. He was right, she was tired, but she wanted to spend time with him and talk about everything that they could. She grabbed a pillow and propped it under her shoulders, looking at him as he looked over the pages of the book.

“Tell me about Russia in your time. Was it really as violent as the history books said?” She asked, her voice soft and sleepy as she watched him closely. “Where did you live in the country?”
 
He gives a gentle nod in respond "..It is interesting to read on the human condition..how one reacts to a situation.." he then pauses a moment hearing her comment on vampires..he offering a little smile "well..we try not to apper out in the open..and you were lucky to have met one like me.." he was a bit teasing in his words.

He pauses hearing her question eyes looking to her then he offered a little chuckle "It's always been like that..even before the Marxist took over..during the first world war." he spoke taking a moment to think. "I was alive during the great northern war..a time where Sweden had grown enough to be a super power within the Baltic sea...didn't fight in it though..I was a man of education and learning..during a time when Peter was turning Russian into a real super power of his own through cultural reform."
 
Caroline smiled at his joke and nodded. She had been very lucky that he hadn’t ripped her throat our for entering his space. She would be grateful that he had shown such restraint, especially after she’d seen how he treated the man that had taken her off the streets. She shivered at the thought, her stomach flipping nervously as she thought about just how close she had come to death that evening.

“Peter the Great?” She asked with a wide smile, a yawn parting her lips as she shifted the pillow further beneath her head and she settled back. She really should go to her own bed, but she was enjoying the conversation that she was having with Demetri.

“Were you in Saint Petersburg when they were building the city? I can only imagine how exciting that time must have been.” Her voice was sleepy, her eyes drifting shut with the sound of his soothing voice.

“Demetri, you’re not going to leave tonight, are you?” She asked him, her voice slightly scared and needy. She didn’t want to be alone ever again.
 
Gives a soft nod "mmhmm." he spoke as he watched her begin to settle down beside him..almost curious how she was so comfortable..but he was not going to question it. Soon he began to think about the question "..Yes, a few times..I had sat in on various discussions between fellow scholars on how it should be put together around The Tzar's design..as it was made to he a dock city to be connected to the baltic."

He paused seeing how talking about his past was soothing her to a sleep..he paused hearing her soft plea before he gently spoke "Hush..Caroline..I will be here promise..you showed me such kindness..I won't leave you alone again.." he softly spoke, serious on his promise. This close..he could feel her warmth..hear her heartbeat..almost smell the blood under her skin..his golden eyes ran momentarily along the curves of her delicate neck..he almost seeing the blood vessels softly pulse under the skin..his eyes snapped back to hers
 
Caroline mumbled something unintelligible in her sleep, sighing as she curled around the pillows and blankets, her knees tucking neatly against her belly. She’d always slept that way and it gave her comfort to know that there was someone near that truly cared about her. It really didn’t matter to her that Demetri could kill her in an instant with those viciously sharp teeth. He was intelligent, kind, caring, all traits that he probably didn’t even know he had in himself.

She sighed in her sleep, turning her face on the pillow until she faced him and mumbled something again, his name coming out loud and clear as if she were still trying to continue their conversation in her dreams.
 
Just softly looks down watching the young woman sleep..the creature himself didn't need it exactly..just doing nothing for eight hours in a trance like rest was enough to keep him control and alert. with her face to him form nuzzling into his, Demetri saw the neck of Caroline exposed to him. He leaned down taking a soft sniff..he could smell the blood under the skin..gently pulsing. his mind raced a moment..his mouth slowly opening almost on instinct "..be like the bat..a little scrape of the teeth and a few laps..she won't feel it.." the beast in his mind spoke. soon he pulled his face away, forcing his own jaws shut, defying his nature.

Hearing her soft mumbles, she continuing the conversation in her sleep..he just softly smiled and whispered to her in turn soft stories of his visit to St. Petersburg as it was drafted by intellectuals like he once was..the action felt almost silly to him..but the woman sleeping the way she was warmed the beasts cold heart.
 
Caroline’s dreams took her to a strange place. She could almost imagine that she was in Saint Petersburg as the city was being built on the sea. It was cold, a heavy snow falling but the city was beautiful. She could also see Demetri in her mind, his handsome face flushed and full of life. She had never seen anyone more handsome than him in her entire life and it made her smile to think that he wanted to stay with her.

She sighed at the feeling of a breath against her neck, her face turning towards the disturbance as she felt him pull away. She opened her sleepy eyes, staring at Demetri in the dim light of the living room.

“Go to bed, Demetri. It’s safe here.” She said softly, not even thinking that it sounded silly that a man that was so beastlike needed to be reassured that it was safe.
 
Demetri froze as she woke up, eyes looking back almost afraid that he caught him starting to lean over..but hearing her voice was reassurance, he slight relaxed from his slight tense up. "Alright, alright..just was keeping watch.." he spoke, he closing his eyes to pretend that he was settling down to sleep.

Though it was unneeded and he planned on catching up on his rest within the day when she was at work..he figured it would make her feel better if he did. His body was still when he relaxed..giving her a few more hints of how his inhuman nature worked..she did not hear him breath..nor he make a move..if she didn't know better, he very well could had been a dead body. there was a momentary shift, almost natural, for his body to move closer to hers..that warmth of her natural form felt comforting to his colder dead form..it was almost like a cold blooded creature settling on a warm object to rest.
 
Caroline shivered in her sleep, feeling something that felt like a block of ice press against her side. She sighed and pulled the covers up over her body, tucking them beneath her chin as she rolled over and pressed her cheek onto Demetri’s shoulder. It had been a long time since someone had shared a bed with her and feeling Demetri next to her made her smile.

Her arm reached around his chest, pulling herself closer to his body. He was cold, she thought absently, her sleepy mind not able to process that thought. Was it cold in her apartment, she asked herself and decided that no it wasn’t. Perhaps it was Demetri himself? It would make sense since he was a vampire.

A vampire. That thought made Caroline shiver, a whimper leaving her lips. He was a killer, one that could hurt her in an instant. But no, she trusted him. She had never been given any reason to fear him so far and she would stand beside him and give him the companionship that he so wanted.
 
Demetri pretended to sleep to comfort the woman beside him felt her move closer, snuggle into his plae form. A arm slowly wrapped around her form as he hugged her to his chest his cheek softly nuzzling into her. He kept "asleep" as he moved closer. This was a reaction to the woman nuzzling into him closer..this act of affection. He responded to it as he slowly began to grow attached to this delicate little human who showed him such kindness.

Though he was monsters in his appearance, he showed the woman the same kindness she showed, the same trust. Demetri opened his eye slightly for a moment to check of she was asleep..from there he planted a little kiss on the woman's cheek and whispered a gentle "thank you.."
 
Caroline slept more soundly then she had in a long time with Demetri by her side. She was wrapped around him by the time the morning came, her body seeking comfort from him as she slept. She woke shortly before dawn, stretching and settling back against his shoulder. She glanced up towards his face, noticing the way that he slept, literally, like the dead.

She chewed on her bottom lip for a moment before she shuffled up the fold out bed and pressed a kiss to his cheek. It seemed like the right thing to do considering everything that had happened and she smiled to herself to think that she’d done that.
 
There was a little shift when he felt the kiss a little smile forming a bit. Seems like a reflex but his cold skin could feel it. He shifting a bit as he got more comfy..going from pretending to sleep to full out doing so, going into a sort of a trance, it starting about when the sun began to rise.

It was dawn..in his mind he could sense it. As she was getting up for her daily chores Demetri let out a little grunt as he pulled the covers instinctively over his head..though draperies and such kept the natural sunlight out of the room..he very well could detect it..and he moved under the covers to curl up like he did within his makeshift hovel. electric lights was a annoyance..natural sunlight was far far more dangerous to him..
 
Caroline slid out of bed, stretching and glancing around the apartment as she noticed the way that the soft light of day filtered through the curtains. She glanced back at Demetri, noticing how he burrowed down in the blankets, hiding away from the light like he were in a burrow. She frowned and thought of ways that she could better protect him from the light while he was staying here.

She gathered blankets and further covered the windows, making it as near to pitch black as she could in the room. It was dim and gloomy, her eyes taking a long moment to adjust.

“It’s safe to come out if you like, Demetri.” She said as she moved into the kitchen and flicked on her small over stove light, pulling out food to begin breakfast.
 
From a moment hearing her word he pulled his head out of the covers again taking a brief moment to look around to confirm this..no light..the man slowly shifting out of bed. he surprisingly awake at this time of day. Mostly when he pretended to sleep he did doze off from the comfort of her warmth.

Soon he began to walk towards the kitchen as he spoke up "I am sorry that this will be inconveniencing you..I can very well find a place that's dark and no light can come in so you can walk about with light..." he spoke "..hell..I know you have a closet..that could work like a coffin.." he spoke with a light little laugh.
 
Caroline looked over her shoulder as she cracked two eggs into a skillet and the sounds of breakfast cooking filled the air. She smiled a little at Demetri’s little joke and she shook her head, turning back to the cooking eggs.

“Demetri, you can’t spend your entire life living like an animal. You don’t have to hide away in dark spaces when I’ve got a perfectly good apartment at your disposal. You can have my bedroom during the day and then the living room at night, if you want.”
 
He pauses a moment hearing her comment as he gives a little sigh "thank you for the thought..but Caroline.." he spoke a moment "..The bits of feral nature is apart of me.." he spoke as he paused "But alright..I'll try.." he spoke. He didn't want to say his feral animal like nature was the reason he was "out casted" as he once had company with vampires who were dead ringers to humans..while he had the more animistic bat like touches to his nature and features.

"Alright..your room when it is the day time..and the living room at night..I am sure you will be accompanying me.." he spoke teasing her a bit to hint he's picked up the subtle bits of attraction to him
 
Caroline blushed bright red at his comment, looking over at him as he teased her about her attraction for him. She bit her lower lip, unsure of how far she could push this little game of theirs. She looked down at the eggs that were almost finished and then back at him.

“I wouldn’t mind accompanying you.” She said in a soft voice, her eyes flicking over towards him. “We could talk or read together…or other activities in bed.”
 
Smiles at her blush and then pauses a moment hearing her " 'Other' Actvites?" he spoke smirking a bit as he slowly moved closer his hand softly taking her shoulders to gently rub..his approach was gentle his claws though sharp to cut through flesh and cloth was controlled held away from her as he spoke.

"What exactly have you been thinking on..what other activites could we do in bed?" though his voice feigned not knowing he enjoyed teasing the woman..the attraction to him obvious from how she has been acting around him..as he said he could sense her fluttering heartbeat and nervous nature around him, nervous out of attraction, not fear.
 
She pulled the eggs off the stove and looked at the hand that was resting on her shoulder, gently rubbing the skin through the fabric of her sweatshirt. She shivered as she looked at those wicked sharp claws and thought about how dangerous he was, but she could only really think about how much she wanted him. Was that wrong of her? A man that she’d just met?

“You’d really make me say it?” She asked him, turning her gaze towards his. She bit her lower lip, squirming in place as he looked at her with intense eyes. “I..I mean, I don’t know. We could…do…things.” She blushed heatedly and didn’t know if she could tell him what she wanted. “Demetri, I like you…I mean really like you. I don’t know where all this will go, but I think I might like to…be…with you.”
 
Demetri was watching her actions..making sure it was not too much to interrupt her work but still enough to get the poor girl to squirm and blush. Like a predator in control he was slow and teasing. "Well..I would like you to say it, seeing that you can get things you want by saying..all you need to do is ask..what would you want to do in bed with me?"

Hearing her words he gently smiled "..well..I am not going anyplace anytime soon and..seeing as i've taken quite the liking to you..I can't bring myself to harm you..so..we can see where it goes..and to be fair I've enjoyed your company and wish to be with you more...just..am curious what sort of things would you like to do?"
 
Back
Top