The Official Author's Hangout Earth Day 2013 Contest Support Thread

Welcome to the one and only real contest around. The Earth Day 2013 Contest.

Don't mess about with a fake contest. Go with the real thing.

[size=+2]the ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

sponsor of the

2013 Sexy April Contest

and home of LITEROTICA’S #1 Themed ContestSupport thread would like to wish all A.I.R.ians a Happy Easter.

sexy.easter.jpg

"I love a.i.r."...

I misread the story dates for this one, so may have missed the early stories (the dates will be slightly out), sorry. :)

Good evening. The aliens telepathically tell me that there are 18 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.23 from an average of 158 votes. Stories had an average of 15,806 views, an average of 6 favorites, and an average of 6 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.14%. The average number of pages is 2.9, with the longest story being 7 pages.

So far there have been a total of 2,699 votes, 284,510 views, 122 favorites and 108 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.23) is 0.46 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 158) is 174. The median score is 4.37, the median number of votes is 93 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.54 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 4.05 or below.

Categories entered (alphabetic order)

• BDSM (1 story)
  • Erotic Couplings (2 stories)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur (2 stories)
  • Gay Male (1 story)
  • Incest/Taboo (4 stories)
  • Mature (1 story)
  • NonHuman (1 story)
  • Romance (3 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (3 stories)

New stories today

Authors entered so far are:

Ashson, Beelzebub72, CavyConsultant, curlyspurs, eclare, JagFarlane, litfan10, MSTarot, RedHairedandFriendly (2), silkstockingslover, slyc_willie (2), sr71plt, Stacy469, SusanJillParker, TxRad, xelliebabex

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on the category page, the author's page, and the toplists page, can all be different. Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Earth Day Contest 2013

That's quite the extensive analysis. ;)

I'm still kicking around the Baucis and Philemon idea. Definitely like the idea of a straight retelling with variants to bring sex into it logically and smoothly.
Some things flow together naturally; the goose, however, is a real poser. Unless of course, I turn it into a magical fantasy beast of legal age.....:rolleyes:

I'm still kicking around the Baucis and Philemon idea. Definitely like the idea of a straight retelling with variants to bring sex into it logically and smoothly.
Some things flow together naturally; the goose, however, is a real poser. Unless of course, I turn it into a magical fantasy beast of legal age.....:rolleyes:

"Goose" could also be a nickname for a character with the same basic qualities and functions as the goose in the story.

I still have an idea for a post-apocalyptic Jack and the Beanstalk story, with "the Giant" being a street name for the local criminal overload, and "Harp" and "Goldie (Goose)" as his concubines.

"Goose" could also be a nickname for a character with the same basic qualities and functions as the goose in the story.

I still have an idea for a post-apocalyptic Jack and the Beanstalk story, with "the Giant" being a street name for the local criminal overload, and "Harp" and "Goldie (Goose)" as his concubines.

Making "Goose" a human really gives it a Hansel and Gretel tone as Baucis and Philemon were going to slaughter the goose to feed the Gods once they were suspicious of their guests identity.
Still "Goose" as their son whose virginity is up for grabs to the God of Love has some potential...

Good luck with your writing slyc! I just read a very interesting collection of apocalyptic stories from a SciFi writers forum.

Aargh!

I've been trying to think of a plot for this contest & my mind has been blank. Then, I wake up in the middle of the night with a great idea, kind of outline in my head & fall back asleep. When I waked up, the idea is completely gone...

Still hoping I can think of an idea & get in on time; good luck everybody!

I've been trying to think of a plot for this contest & my mind has been blank. Then, I wake up in the middle of the night with a great idea, kind of outline in my head & fall back asleep. When I waked up, the idea is completely gone...

Still hoping I can think of an idea & get in on time; good luck everybody!

Keep a notebook by the bed. ;)

I've had that happen many times.

Keep a notebook by the bed. ;)

I've had that happen many times.

I think we all have.

My only problem is my handwriting. It's normally hard to read. In the middle of the night, half asleep, on a small notebook. Impossible. :rolleyes:

Butt, I keep trying.

image.php

I love james r scouries esq. and I wish I had won an A.I.R. Award. For info on the contests run that that august organization please click the link:

[SIZE=+4]
The #1 Themed Contest Support thread on LITEROTICA.
[/SIZE]

THE ROYAL FAMILY of LITEROTICA wholeheartedly supports A.I.R.

Thank you. And feel free to quote this post as often as desired. ;)

WOW!!!! I think oily has kissed some butt in his life…

tumblr_mkbi6se5mH1rzb0veo1_500.gif

I think we all have.

My only problem is my handwriting. It's normally hard to read. In the middle of the night, half asleep, on a small notebook. Impossible. :rolleyes:

Butt, I keep trying.

Heh . . . he spelled "butt".

Anyway, how about a handheld, digital recorder? I have one for ideas when I don't have access to paper and pen. It's always with me. :)

Those things are inexpensive, convenient, and user-friendly.

Heh . . . he spelled "butt".

Anyway, how about a handheld, digital recorder? I have one for ideas when I don't have access to paper and pen. It's always with me. :)

Those things are inexpensive, convenient, and user-friendly.

I dunno about you, but I'm awfully groggy when I wake up, and if I try to speak, it sounds like Gilbert Gottfried with a frog in his throat. :p

Contest analysis - Earth Day Contest 2013

Good evening. The dice tell me that there are 23 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.24 from an average of 265 votes. Stories had an average of 16,392 views, an average of 6 favorites, and an average of 6 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.46%. The average number of pages is 2.7, with the longest story being 7 pages.

So far there have been a total of 4,770 votes, 377,034 views, 155 favorites and 146 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.24) is 0.47 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 265) is 287. The median score is 4.31, the median number of votes is 133 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.65 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 4.00 or below.

Categories entered (alphabetic order)

• BDSM (1 story)
  • Erotic Couplings (2 stories)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur (3 stories)
  • Gay Male (1 story)
  • Group Sex (1 story)
  • Incest/Taboo (5 stories)
  • Mature (1 story)
  • NonConsent/Reluctance (1 story)
  • NonHuman (1 story)
  • Reviews & Essays (1 story)
  • Romance (3 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (3 stories)

New stories today

Authors entered so far are:

Ashson, Beelzebub72, CavyConsultant, curlyspurs, eclare, HeyAll, JagFarlane (2), litfan10, MSTarot, RedHairedandFriendly (2), Rutabaga72, silkstockingslover, slyc_willie (2), sr71plt, StaciRay79, Stacy469, SusanJillParker, tk5555, TxRad, xelliebabex

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on the category page, the author's page, and the toplists page, can all be different. Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Earth Day Contest 2013

Don't breathe in scouries' hot air. Go for the real deal:

[SIZE=+4]THE REAL 2013 EARTH DAY STORY CONTEST[/SIZE]

LITEROTICA DOES NOT SUPPORT ANYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH FICTIONAL ORGANIZATIONS, SUCH AS SCOURIESWORLD OR A.I.R.

Feel free to quote this post as often as desired. ;)

This is slyc's real post on scouries fake contest thread. So he has to retaliate. It is a small price to pay to get the word out to the newbies about his fake shit.

tumblr_m4p31vlxAa1rx2xfbo1_500.jpg

an exposed slick willy?

image.php

[size=+3]I love james r scouries esq. and I wish I had won an A.I.R. Award. Thank you sir jim. And please feel free to quote this post as often as desired. ;)[/size]

mybanner498e247d5c7caxu4.png

Well I guess we`re going to have to start this again! Sorry tigergirl but what`s good for the goose is good for the gander… tit for tat?

Yes scouries, you're being your usual asshole self and misquoting posts. Not that it really matters, most everyone except a very few of us have you on ignore so they don't see your asshattery.

But for the few that do, please ignore the idiot with the fake contests, fake awards, and fake list.

Hey, how's it going? Hope everyone had a nice Easter, if that's your thing. Mine was good except for the worsening sore throat, which is now (it seems) under control with amoxicillin. Nothing like being sick and having bad timing in terms of seeing doctors.

On the upside, my aunt gave me her MacBook Air. Maybe that'll be writing incentive!

Hey, how's it going? Hope everyone had a nice Easter, if that's your thing. Mine was good except for the worsening sore throat, which is now (it seems) under control with amoxicillin. Nothing like being sick and having bad timing in terms of seeing doctors.

On the upside, my aunt gave me her MacBook Air. Maybe that'll be writing incentive!

Spent my Easter on the Atlantic Ocean. Hardly noticed it go by. Came home to so much to do that I doubt I'll get another contest story written to enter. The one I've had in mind hasn't jelled well. Must have been all of those fancy drinks on the ship.

Back