The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remembered that from a while ago and wrote it into Roses in a restaurant scene. Waitress taking orders from band members, asks what they want. First one says sit onmy face so she kicks his feet out. Drops him, sits on his face and bills him for one mustache ride (custom order).

So, Tex. I think there's a market here. 25 cents seems a little underpriced tho
I'd go as high as fifty cents, if they really know their stuff. You can get a bad job for nothing any time, but I'm willing to pay for quality. :rolleyes:

I'd go as high as fifty cents, if they really know their stuff. You can get a bad job for nothing any time, but I'm willing to pay for quality. :rolleyes:

Hey, Tex is trying to drum up business. Maybe offering a bargain ride is the way to go.

Hey, Tex is trying to drum up business. Maybe offering a bargain ride is the way to go.

Maybe I should give grope, uh, group rates to go along with those mustache rides. Nothing makes a group happier than a grope or two.

Waitresses with swords? Scanty costumes? I can't find a waitress that can handle this crowd without a chair and a whip. Why do you think this place is pretty much self serve.

Okay, Fresh coffee and a kettle for the midnight crew. You know who you are.

Maybe I should give grope, uh, group rates to go along with those mustache rides. Nothing makes a group happier than a grope or two.

Waitresses with swords? Scanty costumes? I can't find a waitress that can handle this crowd without a chair and a whip. Why do you think this place is pretty much self serve.

For the right price, I might lend you a chair and a whip. :devil:

Thank you.
I look forward [with keen interest] to seeing the scantily-clad waitresses although I'm not keen on the idea of a whip. . . . .

For the right price, I might lend you a chair and a whip. :devil:
:kiss:
Can I bring my camera ?

<drinks coffee and packs photo gear>

Thank you. I look forward [with keen interest] to seeing the scantily-clad waitresses although I'm not keen on the idea of a whip. . . . .

:kiss:
Can I bring my camera ?

<drinks coffee and packs photo gear>

We're falling behind here, Tex. SoCal is ahead of us with Vietnamese Coffee Shops .... I'm trying to find a bikini as we chat, but they'e hidden somewhere under the piles of down jackets, snowpants, woolly hats, gloves and general insulation. But when I find them ......

viet.jpg

We're falling behind here, Tex. SoCal is ahead of us with Vietnamese Coffee Shops .... I'm trying to find a bikini as we chat, but they'e hidden somewhere under the piles of down jackets, snowpants, woolly hats, gloves and general insulation. But when I find them ......

viet.jpg

Just one of those ladies in here, especially the one on the far left, would drop writing for Lit by 60%. All the old coots would be sitting around drooling instead of writing. :D

Although, you in a sting bikini might be worth the drop in production. ;)

Uh, if you happen across that bikini, please have pitty on an old man and send me a picture. :cool:

I don't know, hot bodies are nice and all but I'd rather spend time with literate minds.

Sci-fi nerd is a bonus too. And a good sense of humor gets fifty bonus points.

Coffeeeeeee!

Just one of those ladies in here, especially the one on the far left, would drop writing for Lit by 60%. All the old coots would be sitting around drooling instead of writing. :D

Although, you in a sting bikini might be worth the drop in production. ;)

Uh, if you happen across that bikini, please have pity on an old man and send me a picture. :cool:

which you can circulate to others of a similar ilk. :)

which you can circulate to others of a similar ilk. :)

I'm sitting here thinking there's a plot bunny loose here. Chinese girl in string bikini that would give dental floss major competition wanders into coffee shop in Texas and there's an old guy with a wicked glint in his eye behind the bar, a guy with a brit accent buying a coffee, Lynn (supply own description) with a whip in hand and Magica sitting there with her feet up on a table and her pink Ford Mustang parked outside sipping on a cup of tea and the Chinese girl looks up at the blackboard menu and says "please, what is mustache ride?"

I'm sitting here thinking there's a plot bunny loose here. Chinese girl in string bikini that would give dental floss major competition wanders into coffee shop in Texas and there's an old guy with a wicked glint in his eye behind the bar, a guy with a brit accent buying a coffee, Lynn (supply own description) with a whip in hand and Magica sitting there with her feet up on a table and her pink Ford Mustang parked outside sipping on a cup of tea and the Chinese girl looks up at the blackboard menu and says "please, what is mustache ride?"

OK< Chloe, you've set the hounds running;
PLEASE - now go with it !
:rose:

"For you it is free and I'll throw in the goatee at no extra charge". ;) :devil:

"For you it is free and I'll throw in the goatee at no extra charge". ;) :devil:

"Please, I am not understanding goatee. And there is troll thing from Cthulhu following from other thread and I am out of silver shells for 12 gauge. Am only having magnesium flare shells left." (Turns and shoots 20 foot magnesium flame through door. Screams from outside Tex's Cafe. Screams from inside Tex's cafe.). "Also. I am badly needing coffee. We talk about mustache ride after dealing with troll from Cthulhu, okay?"

OK< Chloe, you've set the hounds running;
PLEASE - now go with it !
:rose:

Seriously, I'm laughing so hard I think I will. God knows what you're all going to think of me after I do this one. :eek:- only of you have no objections.:D
Scene: Coffee Shop in small Texas Town
Protagonist: Chinese girl in string bikini and boots driving F150 with 12 gauge, 1911 and a sword.
Being followed by evil troll from Cthulhu
Cast of characters: Tex, HP, EB (whether he likes it or not)

Any other volunteers? Lynn???, Magica??? Simon Doom???

Seriously, I'm laughing so hard I think I will. God knows what you're all going to think of me after I do this one. :eek:- only of you have no objections.:D
Protagonist: Chinese girl in string bikini and boots driving F150 with 12 gauge, 1911 and a sword.

Sure. Why not? I've written my fair share of AH stories in my time. You can use me as a character. No "pink" mustang though, please. That was a joke.

Sure. Why not? I've written my fair share of AH stories in my time. You can use me as a character. No "pink" mustang though, please. That was a joke.

1] Would Mags settle for "the colour of a ripe raspberry" ?
2] The Brit in the corner seeking the coffee, must always be polite and impeccably dressed. He can also shoot moderately well.

1] Would Mags settle for "the colour of a ripe raspberry" ?
2] The Brit in the corner seeking the coffee, must always be polite and impeccably dressed. He can also shoot moderately well.

Driving a classic Jaguar or a Morgan. Well dressed custom suit. I'm thinking League of Extraordinary Gentlemen here.

You going to set yourself up a separate thread, chinee girl? Your horizontal lipped, school-girl kitten shenanigans will upset the locals, an' they'll keep sliding their asses over on your damned shot gun shells.

"Chloe," her mother screamed, "stop slutting about with all those writers, and tidy up. Before you go out wearing one of MY dresses."

"Yes, momma," Chloe replied, flicking through another page of the Apache flight manual she'd down-loaded from Toys-R-Us. "Just as soon as I figure out how to fire this spectrum cannon at the fucking troll."

You going to set yourself up a separate thread, chinee girl? Your horizontal lipped, school-girl kitten shenanigans will upset the locals, an' they'll keep sliding their asses over on your damned shot gun shells.

"Chloe," her mother screamed, "stop slutting about with all those writers, and tidy up. Before you go out wearing one of MY dresses."

"Yes, momma," Chloe replied, flicking through another page of the Apache flight manual she'd down-loaded from Toys-R-Us. "Just as soon as I figure out how to fire this spectrum cannon at the fucking troll."

Well, Tex did say he'd like to liven things up and make it more exciting. I did my best. Did I do okay? Huh? Huh? Huh? More coffee anyone? I'm taking a break from writing for half an hour. Then it's into it for this evening and tomorrow.

Leave me out.

Leave me out.

Out of the story or out of the closet? :D :rose::kiss:

Now, about this hole in my front door. Flare round? Look, the 12 gauge shells are in the 2nd cabinet to the left and the sawed off double barrel is in the little cubby under the cash register. Although, why I have a cash register in a virtual cafe is another question all together.

Okay, that seems settled so fresh coffee all around. On second thought, maybe I should keep it in the pot until it is needed. Less messy that way.

Leave me out.

Oh please, Madam, just a little mention or three ?

Driving a classic Jaguar or a Morgan. Well dressed custom suit. I'm thinking League of Extraordinary Gentlemen here.

Jaguar, E-type (USA: XK-E) while the F-type is being worked on.
And the suit is Saville Row (or possibly Pierre Cardin).

Out of the story or out of the closet? :D :rose::kiss:

Now, about this hole in my front door. Flare round? Look, the 12 gauge shells are in the 2nd cabinet to the left and the sawed off double barrel is in the little cubby under the cash register. Although, why I have a cash register in a virtual cafe is another question all together.

Okay, that seems settled so fresh coffee all around. On second thought, maybe I should keep it in the pot until it is needed. Less messy that way.

Ah, sorry to hear about about the hole in the door: The chippy is on his way with suitable materials to repair it.
But why shouldn't you have a virtual sawn-off shotgun in your virtual cafe' ?

Even with a virtual dragon in the coral next door?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back