Why do you cry?

Bumped shin on tow hitch or cutting peppers to make chilli and forget to wash my hands before I take a leak are some of the common ones.

Oh my fucking God, I cry all the time. Rather than reiterate, I posted this elsewhere on Lit earlier tonight, in 'What are you thinking now?':

'I just got home after seeing a longtime female fuck buddy tonight (that's not even fair to say: she is a true, very dear friend in every sense of the word). We had a couple drinks, a couple of hours of sex and very earnest hugs and kisses goodnight. I love her absolutely - not in a pair-bonding way, but as a friend who has shared only a fraction of her pain, and hopefully helped her through it. Even now, fours year later, I still miss her late husband. We three had shared a wonderful bisexual relationship that spanned nine years before his cancer. They had been the perfect couple, so glued together, so much two parts of one entity - I adored them both, and I miss him. I often feel this way after I see her.

Truly, the definition of bittersweet.'

I was a little sad when I got home, but after typing and posting that, I just couldn't stop crying. To be very honest, I never try to stop it - it makes me feel better,

Oh my fucking God, I cry all the time. Rather than reiterate, I posted this elsewhere on Lit earlier tonight, in 'What are you thinking now?':

'I just got home after seeing a longtime female fuck buddy tonight (that's not even fair to say: she is a true, very dear friend in every sense of the word). We had a couple drinks, a couple of hours of sex and very earnest hugs and kisses goodnight. I love her absolutely - not in a pair-bonding way, but as a friend who has shared only a fraction of her pain, and hopefully helped her through it. Even now, fours year later, I still miss her late husband. We three had shared a wonderful bisexual relationship that spanned nine years before his cancer. They had been the perfect couple, so glued together, so much two parts of one entity - I adored them both, and I miss him. I often feel this way after I see her.

Truly, the definition of bittersweet.'

I was a little sad when I got home, but after typing and posting that, I just couldn't stop crying. To be very honest, I never try to stop it - it makes me feel better,

Girls.

And I dont deny any of it. Great sex, and she misses her ex, without you knowing and missing.

Its easy to know that, its the other that is less than normal.

And you two are parts of the same whole... I guess the question is more if she's still crying... cause if shes not, you're overdue to move on.

Last night I cried because sleep is so elusive lately. It may be the meds I have been on since July or the meds that they keep adding, you know, don't take you off what they tried first, just keep adding new ones. Hopefully it will all be over on Tuesday.

Then I can go back to being a non crying entity for the most part.

Last night I cried because sleep is so elusive lately. It may be the meds I have been on since July or the meds that they keep adding, you know, don't take you off what they tried first, just keep adding new ones. Hopefully it will all be over on Tuesday.

Then I can go back to being a non crying entity for the most part.

Jezzi. I'm not one to give advice but I hope you ask them about the interactions the drugs could have. I have doctor friends who say ths can be an issue when no one wants to start with a clean slate.

Because sometimes my fears and temper run amok and I hurt those I care about most with my big mouth. I don't like seeing my people hurt. Least of all by me.

I cry at the tragedies in life. My neighbors of 15 years both died last week. I was at their funeral. Both 72yrs old, married for 50yrs, murder suicide by gunshot. I wish I was a better neighbor. Maybe it could not have happened.

I cry from the beauty of love that flows from my girlfriend. She knows where my heart is and is always welcome.

I cry when the neighbors dog died. She had been a fixture in this neighborhood for 15 years. Wild, joyous, in and out of doggy jail several times, friendly and happy.

I cry at well done endings of movies.

I cry when my heart hurts and my love is tossed aside like so much garbage.

I cry at the beauty in music.

And the adoring smile on her face and her eyes that sparkle when I am with her. How can she love me so much?

I know, big fuggin sap.

Last edited:
Jezzi. I'm not one to give advice but I hope you ask them about the interactions the drugs could have. I have doctor friends who say ths can be an issue when no one wants to start with a clean slate.

I always ask at the pharmacy if they will interact with the currents... I am not used to taking meds at all so five in 4 months seems extreme to me. Hopefully next week I will bid them all adieu.

Apparently over everything. Today the unexpected loss of a someone who was once a dear friend, a kind and supportive email, other stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
It ain't manly to cry so goes the teachings of my family. But I do and I keep it personal and private when I do. Sadness is the catalyst that produces my tears.

I cry for the hole in my life left by the absence of those who have filled a huge part of it. I cry for the innocent who have been chopped up in the evil of life. I cry for the pain of others I can do nothing about. I cry in isolation so no one will see my tears, for many who see them think them a weakness. A real man does not cry, nor feel sadness or emotional pain goes the mantra. So I will cry alone, in silence, hidden to release my pain and for the comfort of others.

Comshaw

Sometimes an argument, sometimes its about the future what if's that i sometimes think about, maybe a loss of something. But its good to cry sometimes, it lets out a lot of the negative emotions, it cleanses you.

So many photos either of us and our group or taken by him. I ended up a shitty friend.

https://imgur.com/a/ZCA1R

Fermina, I don't know you, but please accept my condolences. I don't know your circumstances, but don't be hard on yourself. Regrets are a part of all of us. Accepting them and using them to shape ourselves to the better is all any of us can do.
:rose:

I cry for joy, sadness and moments of intense emotional connection.

I also cry when listening to The Moth.

Sad songs at the right time. Or, the right songs at sad times. Or, just because it feels good.

I cried when Prince died...and for a while, couldn't listen to his stuff, or I'd well up knowing I'd never hear anything new ever again. He was always about moving towards the new. I hated that his talent, which kept the ugliness of the rest of the world at bay, was taken away. Now, no more crying. His stuff is back to bringing me life and joy. Had and continue to have many a fun drunken night with other fans listening to him.

When someone or something special you know and/or absorb touches your heart in a certain way and has become a part of your life, crying for either its beauty or its loss is a natural response. It can be on many levels.

I also cry when cutting onions and getting a long night's party sweat/grime in my eyes when wiping them with an unwashed hand. :D

I made a vow that I would never let anybody make me cry again. So now, I make myself cry all the time.

My husband died in December and there are still things I run across that will make me cry immediately. I suppose this will always happen and I'm okay with it.

Back