What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
School's OUT!

love.gif
 
Going to the lake tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! I will come back all burnt up but I do not even care, lol.
 
My brand spanking new car, and the schadenfreude that was connected with it.

Evil

Evil

I'm so selfish! :rolleyes: I mean I should have just made car payments on someone elses car - that would have been the nice thing to do.:rolleyes:
 
A high school awards ceremony: realizing the entire community had banded together around those students and were doing their best to support them on their journey. Seeing the smiles and the eyerolls. Love too. A lot of pride. It's small-town-USA and there's a lot of power there. Getting to witness for two hours the support and encouragement and hope in America's young people. Makes me think that if there are strong people like that all throughout this country maybe it is possible to turn things around, change the political climate, and make some improvements on a human level. Gotta start at home. Tonight I saw the heart that makes those homes so strong. Pretty cool stuff.
 
Technically it was today, even though it was about 1/2 past midnight - lots of kisses, hugs and cuddles with Sir, before I went off to bed.....knowing that I am safe and loved. :heart:
 
After being given a "hopeless case" apprentice chef, by the Chef De Cuisine at work, a bit over two months ago, and being told, "this is her last chance, she's supposed to qualify soon and I can't sign off because she's not good enough".

I said,"no worries, leave her with me, she'll get it, I promise".

Today she received biggups form the Chef in a kitchen meeting (I work in a very large resort hotel) and then she got a round of applause from all the staff.

That's MY girl.

She's impressed everyone so much (she doesn't know it yet) she's up for staff member of the month.

Not bad, going from useless to indespensible in just two months. *pats herself on the back*.

Now.... Where's my next "hopeless" case.:D

Lust for life kiddies, I love to see people prove the nay sayers wrong, you go girl.
 
Talking to him this morning... and hearing I might get to see him tonight.. and then this afternoon talking to him again.. YAY! 2x today.. sucks to be only 30 mins apart and not being able to see each other cause of schedules. SIGH but hey tonight is a different story
 
The thought of not having to set an alarm, and not having to actually be anywhere tomorrow, has me absolutely ecstatic!
 
Listening to and seeing my son testing out the new supersize PC he has built himself this week. He paced and fretted until all the parts arrived and then got it built in a couple of hours, up and running in a couple more. Now he just has to decide if he wants to shock himself by buying a new, bigger monitor and a new set of wireless headphones to replace the ones that are about to give out. LOL, he is very careful with his money in sharp contrast to his sister who cannot spend it fast enough.:D He is happy which makes me happy...not to mention proud he can do what he does without any help or guidance.

Catalina:catroar:
 
hammering three words into a metal tag:cattail:

attaching that tag to a chain around my wrist;)

snapping the binder ring closed before realizing I couldn't open it with one hand

struggling...giggling...struggling...in an attempt to open the binder ring

sharing the above with a certain someone... live:cattail:

(thank goodness for needlenose pliers)
 
Yesterday and one of my cravings coming true.

It helped so much. I think I am beginning to understand what happens.
 
~ Thinking about someone's big weekend.

~ The fact that the sun is shining.

~ Having nothing to do but spend time with me for the whole weekend:D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top