Soul Space

Sammael Bard

Suit Up
Joined
Oct 19, 2013
Posts
5,175
A thread dedicated to some videos that make you laugh, ignite your thoughts or otherwise.

Enjoy!
_________

This video was shared by a friend of mine. This was a commercial for a Thai insurance company, and...it brought tears both of the times I had watched it (Not bawling-out-loud crying, the heart-warming ones :))

Click here for the video
 
Last edited:
I loved the narration throughout the video.

"What does he get in return for doing this everyday?

"He gets nothing.

He won't get richer...Won't appear on TV...still anonymous...and not a bit more famous.."

My eyes had dust motes;) so they started leaking at the scene where the child goes to school, and of course the narratory:

"What he recieves are emotions. He witnesses happiness and reaches a deeper understanding, feels the love and recieves what money can't buy."

Oh crap. I'm downloading this video ASAP.

Thanks for sharing this piece of gem, Bard :)
 
Thank you for your thoughts, Daniel.

I loved nearly evrything about this video.

The narrator fills the viewers with a sense of hopelessness and a bit of mockery at his kind actions. But it turns out to be much better than what I had expected.

I really loved the fact that even though his actions are insignificant in the world we live in, he is content and a happy man with what he recieves and makes the people around himself happy.

I loved the fact that even though the dog can't repay him, he remains faithful to the man. I loved the fact that his small donations have helped the small child in her education.

I loved the fact that he remains a bright sunshine in the dark, cynical world he lives in as projected by the shopkeeper and cook.

Touching and emotional, I loved this video.
 
A brilliant and thought-provoking advert; not one of the usual run of soap and soda cr@p we see all too often. And beautifully shot, too.


I rather like this one.
It does not need translation:
See here.

PS. I'm a bit of a keen type on aeroplane stuff. . . .
 
Last edited:
A brilliant and thought-provoking advert; not one of the usual run of soap and soda cr@p we see all too often. And beautifully shot, too.


I rather like this one.
It does not need translation:
See here.

PS. I'm a bit of a keen type on aeroplane stuff. . . .

That is a good ad, HP. Thanks for sharing.

That ad must've taken a lot of efforts from the makers to do an ad involving a real giant-size aeroplane.
 
I actually saw this video and it is very recent. That is one tear-jerker that you've got there, Bard.

Thanks for sharing!
 
If something made the Devil shed his tears, then I need no higher accolades :)

Glad you liked it.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for reminding us that it's OK to be a little sentimental, and take a break from our daily cynicism. Not easy to do, especially for Americans (maybe all Anglo cultures).

:rose::rose::kiss:
 
Thanks for reminding us that it's OK to be a little sentimental, and take a break from our daily cynicism. Not easy to do, especially for Americans (maybe all Anglo cultures).

:rose::rose::kiss:

I'm glad you liked it, Aynmair.

These were some of the emotional ones that tugged on my heartstrings and were worthy of being shown to all around me. Being sentimental sometimes helps in letting out the pent-up emotions within ourselves.

Yes, as a culture we all have grown to be cynical and sarcastic of all the good around us. It is good to a certain extent but after that it brings harm to the self. We are, then, more likely to bring doom upon ourselves.

:rose:
 
Reminds me of the impact generated by SuBo. See Here.
Take note of the expressions on the Judges faces, around 1.20.

Kinda sceptical of her talents without even hearing her voice and all. That was kinda rude, I felt, to any contestant who takes the plunge to appear in front of National Television.

My inspiration of my latest story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVAEbMcQ-t8


MST

THAT is one cool video you've got there. I'm curios as to what story you have cooked up from this video.

I'd like to see it :)
 
TheSoulfulBard;5909555 THAT is one cool video you've got there. I'm curios as to what story you have cooked up from this video. I'd like to see it :)[/QUOTE said:
Here is where you can find the beginning. The rest of the story is still on my computer needing finished and edited.

http://campnanowrimo.org/campers/muirghein-tarot/novels/corsairs-in-the-night



So it still has a long way to go to get to the scene that is inspired by that commercial. But it will get there.

MST
 
Back
Top