Justice League: The New Wave (OOC - Interest Check)

I will have to reply tomorrow and may end up doing Rocket backwards with an intro first and then a profile.

I may have been optimistic. It's been one of those weeks where my daughter doesn't sleep as soundly as I'd prefer and I work on the weekends, so it will probably be more like July 4th when I post.

No rush no fuss no muss.

Post when you can, when it's good for you.

Loop us in if you're majorly blocked, but other than that we breezy.

While the Bestowed may be warded against scrying and telepathy, I think mostly they defend themselves by attacking with the aforediscussed powers.

Ajagar are insanely dangerous. But survivable. I needed enemies that could credibly give the Kryptonian-types a headache but not wipe out a city by clapping. So I worked in Mammoth, who was a creation of Kobra in the YJ cartoon, and diluted him into a variety of foot-soldiers. Going by Legend's scale, Cyborg was capable of shifting 20 tons.

I think between Kiz, Chase, and Helligan (armed with The Ace), you're going to do okay.

Just curious, seems like BB will only be a gnat in this fight.

So a swarm of gnats will be an appropriate attack :D

Never underestimate the tactical value of a guy who can fly in as a gnat and drop down on baddies as an elephant, a literal mammoth, a blue whale!

BB is the ultimate Swiss Army Hero.

Just don't... overuse the hummingbird. Or the electric eel.

Just as a personal request.

I will most likely not use the humming bird, the eel I can't promise.

OK so I had planned to finish my reading up and posting this weekend, but community watch and work really sunk that ship.

I will try my best to get my first post in tomorrow, but first I need to see if I can get in five hours of sleep before my next cw round

I will most likely not use the humming bird, the eel I can't promise.

OK so I had planned to finish my reading up and posting this weekend, but community watch and work really sunk that ship.

I will try my best to get my first post in tomorrow, but first I need to see if I can get in five hours of sleep before my next cw round

A little bit of eel is fine!

There was an animal-shifter in another thread who abused those forms egregiously.

And no rush, when you're ready!

I hope you don't mind Green Arrows way of getting rid of one of the Ajagar Chas. Not saying it is going to work every time, (or ever again) but it is one way a so called gnat can take out a big fish. LOL

I wasn't gonna raise a stink, no worries.

If you want to foreshadow that Connor has some secret superpowers that he doesn't know about, that's a good handwave for that!

Helligan only could shoot those guys because she had a magic rifle and aimed for relatively soft spots. Normal arrows would have splintered on an Ajagar's cornea.

But if there's something more to Connor than meets the Hawke-eye, as we sort of discussed during character creation, then it's fine!

OK first post is up.

Feel free to rip me a new one for butchering a loved character :O

I had some ideas. He could pick up Kiz's Cave Bear, if I understand how BB's powers work. He just has to see/touch an animal linked to the Red in order to mimic it?

And of course, as a fellow New Yorker, it might be fun to take a trip to the Red to see what goodies he could pick up. Kiz might be up for something like after the two become friends.

The Whale Drop seems like an incredible attack.

What's so abusive about a humming bird?

And after reading Serena, I have a new found appreciation for Eagles.

I think in many ways BB is the most useful character to have around for his ability to scout, pull, and backup most situations.

Well if I understand The Red correctly then all animals are connected to it.

So even if BB just see the Cave bear he should be able to mimick it...albeit it be a green pelt cave bear...

And since they talked about the Ajars being able to move 20 tons, I thought...well why not just drop something with so much weight to it that it will actually kill the Ajar and still leave itself intact. The swoop attack was just to get above and pinpoint.

Next attack will be a host of fire ants in the pants of the blood mage dudes...

All animals are connected to The Red.

It also contains the memory of extinct species, and the potential for future evolution.

Advanced avatars of The Red could also access the abilities of alien animal species out in space. (Superman had a dog, once, just saying. XD )

If Gar enters The Red, it should be a suitably horrifying, blood-drenched environment. But he may be able to upgrade his powers, such as by accessing said alien or future species, or becoming multiple larger animals, such as a herd of wildebeest or a pod of whales. Just in case you want to think o future arcs.

(Superman had a dog, once, just saying. XD )

If Gar enters The Red, it should be a suitably horrifying, blood-drenched environment. But he may be able to upgrade his powers, such as by accessing said alien or future species, or becoming multiple larger animals, such as a herd of wildebeest or a pod of whales. Just in case you want to think o future arcs.

A pack of Kryptos... hmmmm...

:D:D:D:D:D:D

A pack of Kryptos... hmmmm...

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yessssss. That could definitely come in handy.

But again, this would be a future development, possibly endgame. If we get that far.

Closer to the present, a dip in The Red may also at some point give Gar the power to manifest animal powers without changing physically, like Animal Man or Vixen. Just food for thought.

Currently, BB has plenty of power and potential on his own, but these are things you may wish to consider for future arcs.

I wasn't sure if he could harness the powers without changing into the animals, since this is still early in his career, no team affiliates and such. Most of what he is doing now will be blind instinct and a bit of thought as well.

I do like the tapping powers without shifting idea, that should be awesome. But we can work on that a bit later. First want to see if I can get him to fit in AND if I can follow the story line. Then we can go about dipping into blood and all that.

I wasn't sure if he could harness the powers without changing into the animals, since this is still early in his career, no team affiliates and such. Most of what he is doing now will be blind instinct and a bit of thought as well.

I do like the tapping powers without shifting idea, that should be awesome. But we can work on that a bit later. First want to see if I can get him to fit in AND if I can follow the story line. Then we can go about dipping into blood and all that.

Exactly! Exactly.

Good thinking. Good talk!

I just saw Justice League vs Teen Titans a few days ago. Garth kind of got smacked by the Red to change into one of the creatures contained in Trigon's demonic dimension, but he owned it.

I'm also catching up on old episodes of Flash and just saw the speedster clear out a city block within seconds so I think there's precedent for our conversation, Chas.

I just saw Justice League vs Teen Titans a few days ago. Garth kind of got smacked by the Red to change into one of the creatures contained in Trigon's demonic dimension, but he owned it.

Oh, yeah, that's not unprecedented.

During the X-Men/Titans crossover decades ago, BB managed to turn into one of Darkseid's Parademons to lay low and infiltrate. It was pretty awesome.

But I think at that point he'd been doing this longer than Tertius' BB has, so BB might not be able to do lower-order extraterrestrials just yet.

Also, JLvTT was AWESOME.

Possibly in my top 3 animated DC movies with and Crisis on Two Earths and Flashpoint. Under the Red Hood and Wonder Woman round out the top 5. JL: Doom would be higher, but there was an egregious bit of pseudoscience at the end that bugs me to this day.

I'm also catching up on old episodes of Flash and just saw the speedster clear out a city block within seconds so I think there's precedent for our conversation, Chas.

Absolutely correct.

At one point, at the peak of his Speed Force-infused power, pre-Flashpoint Wally West saw a lightning bolt stabbing down out of blue sky towards this little kid in a red shirt and ran fast enough to grab the kid out of the way. That kid was Billy Batson, and the lightning bolt just got confused for a minute and then hopscotched along the ground to zap him anyway, throwing West for a loop and turning Bill into Cap.

A few minutes later, Wally was running and Cap was flying alongside him and West had to remark how fast Wally didn't realize Cap was.

At that point Wally was the fastest Flash to have ever lived and had just beaten a lightning bolt in a hundred-yard dash when the lightning had a headstart, and even he marveled at Marvel's speed.

Mercury, y'all.

Back