Hostess Cupcakes

skygazer

Literotica Guru
Now that we've lost an American icon in the form of hostess cupcakes, twinkys, ding dongs, and snowballs does anyone really miss them?

Has anyone here had a jones that they couldn't take care of just as easily with Little Debbie?

Now that we've lost an American icon in the form of hostess cupcakes, twinkys, ding dongs, and snowballs does anyone really miss them?

Has anyone here had a jones that they couldn't take care of just as easily with Little Debbie?

I miss the Dumb Ass Strikers with their Pissy little signs.

Hey Pal........ How's the unemployment line.

Guess Hostess was not BIG Enough to FAIL!

Munchkins.jpg

We represent the Lollypop Guild, The Lollypop Guild, The Lollypop Guild

And in the name of the Lollypop Guild,
We wish to welcome you to Munchkinland.

We welcome you to Munchkinland, Tra la la la la la la

From now on you'll be history.
You'll be history, you'll be history, you'll be history.

And we will glorify your name.
You will be a bust, be a bust, be a bust
In the Hall of Fame!

Last edited:
Old brand-names never die, they just emerge from bankruptcy in new, nostalgia-friendly formulations.

AKA: "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

I'm shocked they aren't already back on shelves. Wonder Bread seems to have survived just fine. I want my fucking Zingers.

Old brand-names never die, they just emerge from bankruptcy in new, nostalgia-friendly formulations.

AKA: "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Yep Grupo Bimbo Twinkies and Cupcakes!

Twinkies-May-Survive-El-Grupo-Bimbo.jpg

Grupo Bimbo's.........................Reminds me of the Strikers!

I really expect them to be back -- with new ownership -- before too long.

I fidn it odd that, depending on who you ask, Hostess products were either universally loved or universally reviled.

They need to come back soon. Little Debbie cupcakes are NOT a replacement for Hostess. And their fruit pies were better too. The thing I miss most is the local "day old bread store." All the products real close to the expiration date went there and got the price dropped in half. We would make a trip every couple months and load up on cheap goodies.

Snowballs? I fucking hate Snowballs!

When I was a child, I thought they were great.

But later, I learned that they were actually poison.

I fidn it odd that, depending on who you ask, Hostess products were either universally loved or universally reviled.

True. I wasn't a fan of Hostess products. I have not had a Twinkie or Ding Dong in 10+ years. I like Little Debbie Nutty Bars and Oatmeal Pies best. And then there is the Amish woman in the next town over who makes the BEST fried pies.

They're BAAAAAA-yack

America's beloved junk food will be back this summer!

"Hostess Sells Twinkies Brand to Investment Firms

Twinkies and Ding Dongs are back from the dead.

Hostess Brands, the now bankrupt owner of the cream-filled confections, agreed on Tuesday to sell the snacks — along with Ho Hos, Sno Balls and Dolly Madison Zingers — to two investment firms with a shared history of corporate turnarounds.

The deal, worth $410 million, was struck nearly four months after the last Twinkie rolled off the baking lines…

…The new owners will be Apollo Global Management and Metropoulos & Company, which owns Pabst Blue Ribbon and Vlasic pickles. C. Dean Metropoulos, the food industry veteran who leads the firm that bears his name, is expected to become the chief executive of the snack business.

The deal includes five Hostess factories, which the buyers hope to restart so to begin restocking shore shelves by the summer. And the new company will almost certainly feature the Hostess name."

Link: Dealbook Ny Times

I can see the commercials. Get drunk on beer, eat twinkee's, and pickles.

As long as you wear a condom I guess you can have a ho ho too.

Back