RIP Maya Angelou

As an example of JBJ's legendary piss poor record of any sort of prognostication, we have the announcement of Maya Angelou still being remembered with the release of a U.S. postage "forever" stamp in her honor. :D

http://www.people.com/article/maya-angelou-stamp-forever

This is why I love it when JBJ makes his ultrareactionary political predictions. As soon as he makes them, I'm relieved to know that the opposite will happen.

You dug up a thread that's close to a year old to take a shot at JBJ?

All I can say you just proved beyond a shadow of a doubt who here is obsessed with everyone else.

Get a life.

You dug up a thread that's close to a year old to take a shot at JBJ?

All I can say you just proved beyond a shadow of a doubt who here is obsessed with everyone else.

Get a life.

AYEpppp. And it was delicious. I marked it at the time to come back to it, as I knew I'd be able to. That she is still news a year later is rather the point, numbnuts.

I can understand why you're seething, Hatecraft. :D

Last edited:
As an example of JBJ's legendary piss poor record of any sort of prognostication, we have the announcement of Maya Angelou still being remembered with the release of a U.S. postage "forever" stamp in her honor. :D

http://www.people.com/article/maya-angelou-stamp-forever

This is why I love it when JBJ makes his ultrareactionary political predictions. As soon as he makes them, I'm relieved to know that the opposite will happen.

Hey Troll Boy, check out her autobiographies. She wrote more of them than Hillary. She says she was a hooker, madam, and a pimp. A stamp? That's it? Who the fuck buys stamps!

AYEpppp. And it was delicious. I marked it at the time to come back to it, as I knew I'd be able to. That she is still news a year later is rather the point, numbnuts.

I can understand why you're seething, Hatecraft. :D

You think licking fire hydrants is delicious.

Just to be mischevious, the original thread did not last a week but a day. One could argue with the same facts, that she was already forgotten and they had to issue a stamp to remind us.

In the long run I think she will be remembered as an icon of her times rather than a significant writer.

Just to be mischevious, the original thread did not last a week but a day.

Didn't have to, because media coverage of Angelou remained continuous from that point. You had to have blinders on to have missed it. But of course she was black, so to JBJ . . .

Hey Troll Boy, check out her autobiographies. She wrote more of them than Hillary. She says she was a hooker, madam, and a pimp. A stamp? That's it? Who the fuck buys stamps!

So you do still remember her vividly, James. :D

I can see where that grates on you, I mean her having done so much more than you and not only being black but a woman to boot. :D

Considering your original comment, I think that it being a "forever" stamp is downright hilarious. :D

Last edited:
Back