Depression. Anxiety. Panic Attacks. etc

Humour

Love all the jokes........have heard/seen them all before but seeing them again still gave a me a giggle.

Not surprising, is it, that a large number of the comedians we have known and laughed with/at are sufferers of depression and bi-polar disorder?

Laughing is really good for your mood.......releases all the good endorphins into the system and helps you feel up when the rest of the world is glowering under a black cloud.

Think we should set up a dail-a-joke line....only to be accessed in times of extreme despondency!

:D :D :D

Humour

Love all the jokes........have heard/seen them all before but seeing them again still gave a me a giggle.

Not surprising, is it, that a large number of the comedians we have known and laughed with/at are sufferers of depression and bi-polar disorder?

Laughing is really good for your mood.......releases all the good endorphins into the system and helps you feel up when the rest of the world is glowering under a black cloud.

Think we should set up a dail-a-joke line....only to be accessed in times of extreme despondency!

:D :D :D

quoll said:

OMG, Dear sweet Cym, when I wrote this it was meant to be a supportive gesture.
Last night my perverts mind kicked in, I thought of those words, then I thought of your AV :D *snicker*, I suppose it`s really a compliment ;)

Quoll,
You meant this as a “supportive gesture.” :eek: Oh, thought you were trying to flirt with me. *smack my fanny* and call me embarrassed. :eek:

Well, *geese* I guess then, thanks for being all supportive any such. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Now I’m really depressed. :(

cym
*kisses*

cymbline said:
Quoll,
You meant this as a “supportive gesture.” :eek: Oh, thought you were trying to flirt with me. *smack my fanny* and call me embarrassed. :eek:

Well, *geese* I guess then, thanks for being all supportive any such. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Now I’m really depressed. :(

cym
*kisses*

Well bless my cotton socks, I seem to have made an error.:confused:

Let me see if I can make amends.
Dear Cym, *said in a totally lecherous way*:pHere I sit at the crack of dawn, watching the sun rise over mountainous peaks, waiting for each petal to unfold, and reveal it`s hidden beauty.
"All better now"?

Cym, it`s 5am, can`t sleep, have a thumping headache, and am absolutely PML, thank you. :rose:

Last edited:
quoll said:
Well bless my cotton socks, I seem to have made an error.:confused:

Let me see if I can make amends.
Dear Cym, *said in a totally lecherous way*:pHere I sit at the crack of dawn, watching the sun rise over mountainous peaks, waiting for each petal to unfold, and reveal it`s hidden beauty.
"All better now"?

I’ve been healed:nana: I’ve been healed :nana: I’ve been healed:nana: I can see the light:nana:

Thank-you
cym :heart:

Nearly two whole days on the same planet as everyone else.
I even had conversations, ok I think I did scare someone off. I`ll admit to the nurses uniform and the stilettos, but the latex and whip was a joke:D

I`m thinking of changing my meds.

Attachments

• meds.jpg
    meds.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 50
People, I need some 'fnger-crossing'.

In 20 days I'm gonna try and live without medication. (my doc advised me to try it). Recently I lowered the dosis to half of it and had some trouble at the beginning. But after a while I got used to it and now am okay. But I'M a little anxious of getting rid of it completely.

So wish me luck, will you?

Snoopy

SnoopDog said:

In 20 days I'm gonna try and live without medication. (my doc advised me to try it). Recently I lowered the dosis to half of it and had some trouble at the beginning. But after a while I got used to it and now am okay. But I'M a little anxious of getting rid of it completely.

Snoopy

Fingers and toes crossed......take the advice to lower the dosages slowly......

You can do this!

:rose:

SnoopDog said:

Snoopy

Hang in there Snoop, we are all thinking of you.

Who wouldn`t be a bit anxious, but I`m sure you will get there, if all else fails try some "Fukitol":D

australwind said:
Fingers and toes crossed......take the advice to lower the dosages slowly......

You can do this!

quoll said:
Hang in there Snoop, we are all thinking of you.

Who wouldn`t be a bit anxious, but I`m sure you will get there, if all else fails try some "Fukitol":D

Thnx guys !

Snoopy

Good Wishes.

Well I was going to wait until after Thursday to post this, but in case I get busy I`ll do it now.

I am going in for some tests today (bloodwork,ct scan)hopefully to try and find out what has been happening.
Most of the more severe anxiety symptons have disappeared :) but have been replaced with several physical symptons which are making life somewhat uncomfortable. I was waiting for my doctor to get back from holidays, but I have been overuled by Poss.(something I did, dear)
Should hopefully get some answers on Thursday.

In some ways whatever has happened has been a good thing, some of the person I was before depression has come back. Feelings and emotions long buried have come to the surface. My love for Poss has increased yet again.:heart: Never stop perving at your SO, it makes you both happy.

I have had a fairly ugly couple of weeks with the imagination running overtime, (now that`s not me) but have finally come to terms with whatever is going on.

So wish me luck and the first chance I get I will let everyone know what is happening.

Re: Good Wishes.

quoll said:
Well I was going to wait until after Thursday to post this, but in case I get busy I`ll do it now.

I am going in for some tests today (bloodwork,ct scan)hopefully to try and find out what has been happening.
Most of the more severe anxiety symptons have disappeared :) but have been replaced with several physical symptons which are making life somewhat uncomfortable. I was waiting for my doctor to get back from holidays, but I have been overuled by Poss.(something I did, dear)

In some ways whatever has happened has been a good thing, some of the person I was before depression has come back. Feelings and emotions long buried have come to the surface. My love for Poss has increased yet again.:heart: Never stop perving at your SO, it makes you both happy.

I have had a fairly ugly couple of weeks with the imagination running overtime, (now that`s not me) but have finally come to terms with whatever is going on.

So wish me luck and the first chance I get I will let everyone know what is happening.

you'll be in my thoughts, sweetheart.:heart:

quoll said:

you'll be in my prayers my friend :kiss: :rose:

quoll said:

I'm running out of fingers to cross...so the toes have been bought into play....you're lucky to have someone who will push you into getting the answers quickly.......and I hope that they are the "right" ones....something that can be easily dealt with so that you are back on top and firing on all cylinders soon!

Re: Re: Good Wishes.

australwind said:
I'm running out of fingers to cross...so the toes have been bought into play....you're lucky to have someone who will push you into getting the answers quickly.......and I hope that they are the "right" ones....something that can be easily dealt with so that you are back on top and firing on all cylinders soon!

You read my thoughts "B", just don`t cross anything that restricts pleasure ok:p

Re: Re: Re: Good Wishes.

quoll said:
You read my thoughts "B", just don`t cross anything that restricts pleasure ok:p

Absolutely not...someone's got to have some fun even if you're at your wit's end!

Hope tomorrow goes well.
:kiss:

sending good thoughts your way, sweet dear friend. lots of prayers, hugs & kisses :kiss: :heart: :kiss: :heart:

Ok the results are in sort of.

Somewhere in the over 40`s lecture he was busy giving me he did mention that my neck was tender and this can cause refered pain eg;headaches, he did note that one of the blood test showed that the thyroid was at the lower end of the scale and will need to be retested in 3 months.

The rest was the standard lose weight, exercise, quit smoking, get proper sleep, stuff that we all get once you turn 40.

quoll said:
Ok the results are in sort of.

Somewhere in the over 40`s lecture he was busy giving me he did mention that my neck was tender and this can cause refered pain eg;headaches, he did note that one of the blood test showed that the thyroid was at the lower end of the scale and will need to be retested in 3 months.

The rest was the standard lose weight, exercise, quit smoking, get proper sleep, stuff that we all get once you turn 40.
http://www.webheights.net/depression/arem/ts.htm

For those here with depression..... read it please! And if you are truly interested in making it better.... get the book. I learned sooooo much!

Back