Mischief Makers - Reborn

*chuffs with laughter at the nickname*

Good! Have you heard of the Dark Elf trilogy of novels? :D

*grins unrepentantally*

Yes I have although I think it's been years since I read it. Believe I snagged from one of my brothers.

Gotcha...yeah that's my go-to series, has been for years. I think there's something like 33 novels so far, written since 1988.

Do you have any particular fantasy favorites?

Oops, sorry... got distracted by the white chicken chili I was prepping.

Ummmmmmmmm you're asking about sci fi right? :eek:

Gotcha...yeah that's my go-to series, has been for years. I think there's something like 33 novels so far, written since 1988.

Do you have any particular fantasy favorites?
Its an excellent series, though to be honest the dark elf trilogy is a few of the weakest in that whole series in my opinion. My wife wouldn't keep reading the series because she couldn't get through exile which admittedly is a bit slow. I tried to get her to read the ice wind dale trilagy first since he wrote it first, but she's such a stickler for reading things in chronological order. I think if she got through the first 3 she'd like the series more.

Yes Angel I have been looking for the better part of a year.

I know you didn't ask me Lupine but, some of my go to fantasy series outside of Salvatore's books.

Sword of truth by terry goodkind
A song of ice and fire by Martin
Dragonlance by wise and Hickman (and others)
I could keep going I'm sure but there's a few highlights.

Thrilled that you finally found something, Glad... guess I can finally uncross my fingers now :D

Oops, sorry... got distracted by the white chicken chili I was prepping.

Ummmmmmmmm you're asking about sci fi right? :eek:

*chuckles*

Yes, fantasy/sci-fi.

Although I wouldn't say no to more, ahem, wolfish fantasies, of course :D:cattail:

*chuckles*

Yes, fantasy/sci-fi.

Although I wouldn't say no to more, ahem, wolfish fantasies, of course :D:cattail:

Pretty much like 'em all... too hard to pick just one so why should I even try :D

As to the other topic, same applies.... *giggles softly*

Happy Thanksgiving to all (even any lurking in the shadows)!

If you're unable to be with family, I hope you're able to hang out with friends. :rose:

Its an excellent series, though to be honest the dark elf trilogy is a few of the weakest in that whole series in my opinion. My wife wouldn't keep reading the series because she couldn't get through exile which admittedly is a bit slow. I tried to get her to read the ice wind dale trilagy first since he wrote it first, but she's such a stickler for reading things in chronological order. I think if she got through the first 3 she'd like the series more.

Yes Angel I have been looking for the better part of a year.

I know you didn't ask me Lupine but, some of my go to fantasy series outside of Salvatore's books.

Sword of truth by terry goodkind
A song of ice and fire by Martin
Dragonlance by wise and Hickman (and others)
I could keep going I'm sure but there's a few highlights.

I really, really enjoyed Sojourn, and The Companions is right up there as my favorite of all of them, as well as Archmage. I will agree Exile was slow at times, but it was fascinating to me following Drizzt as he went through that isolation, and how he dealt with it, particularly once he encountered other living beings again.

Guess I'll have to revisit the series...

Hope ya'll didn't overdose too badly on turkey and pie. ;)

They get better as they go along Angel.

"Too badly" is a fairly loose term....I didn't have breakfast today and wasn't hungry until about 3pm this afternoon, if that says anything...:D

I can only imagine how much you feasted to go that long without being hungry... or perhaps you didn't have to contend with a horde similar to my family's gathering...

18 hours of prep pretty much destroyed in an hour. :rolleyes:

Both. Cheese/crackers, drinks(alcoholic and N/A), homemade rolls, venison tenderloin, rice pilaf, baked squash, homemade cranberry relish, plus cheesecake, pumpkin cake (made by me), lemon poppy seed cake (likewise) and ice cream.

All of which I sampled too much of.

Yep, that pretty much covers it :D

Sounds yummy. Worst part of not being the hostess is having zero leftovers once kids and I got home today.... but at least we'll have the white chicken chili I made on Wednesday.

And there are no pies to be tempting me... cuz sadly I have a wee bit of a hankering for some atm.

Yeah there's still part of a pumpkin pie here our neighbor brought over a couple days ago...

So. Much. Food.

And it won't stop till after Christmas lol

Yeah that was the part that sucked the most... my one brother was supposed to bring the pumpkin pies and forgot!!!

How can one have a decent Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie?!

Back