Happy Birthday Queen Elizabeth II !

Grandpa was buried in the Huron cemetery...

;) ;)


They buried grandma with the Christians. Hers was one of the "civilized nations."
 
Funnily enough, I recall Dolf as being rather pretty, but I forget exactly what she looked like, lo those many (10-11) years ago.

Jeez, I am almost as old as Ish.... FAWWWK! :eek:

image.php



Dolf does bear a resemblance...maybe she has some Royal in her?
 
The women were quite attractive, but the men looked so gay
Even Prince Harry.
 
She had a number of toy boys after Tony...

Apparently Mustique had its sybarite crowd, which she was DEFINITELY a part of! :D
 
21st April 2017

Horse racing is The Queen’s favourite past time, so it is no surprise that she had chosen to spend her 91st birthday at the racecourse.

Her Majesty did have a runner in the third race of the day, Maths Prize. However, there was no birthday look for The Queen as her horse finished fifth place in a field of six.

Princess Anne joined her mother at the racecourse to see Maths Prize attempt to win the Dubai Duty Free Golf World Cup EBF Stallions Conditions Stakes.

Elsewhere in the country, military salutes were held across the UK to mark the occasion of the monarch’s birthday – including a special 21-gun salute at Windsor Castle where children fired tiny cannons.


http://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/theque...day-enjoying-a-day-of-racing-at-newbury-80849



Why Queen Elizabeth Has Two Different Birthdays

The tradition began in 1748, with King George II, who was born in November, but who decided that the weather would be too cold to celebrate his birthday with a proper parade that month; so, instead, he combined his birthday festivities with Trooping the Colour, a military parade that took place each spring. This practice has continued ever since, as each king or queen is given the option of creating a second birthday for themselves, in the summer when the weather in the U.K. is more favorable. (And, honestly, who wouldn’t, if given the chance, opt to have a second birthday?!)

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2016/04/why-queen-elizabeth-has-two-different-birthdays
 
In Canada, the residue of the Sovereign's Birthday is Victoria Day... the last Queen of a colonial Canada, and also the first of an independent nation.

Victoria Day is the Monday nearest May 24th, the actual birthday. One weekend prior to Memorial Day in the USA, we start our Summer festivities.
 
It would be interesting to look into their family history and see how they came to this privileged position.

Did they loot people's lands? Or even worse
 
Back
Top