New Poetry Recommendations

Saturday's Review

.
.


Art seems to be AWOL of late and today's listing of 11 poems have too many to overlook, so here goes.


RedHairedandFriendly starts us off with a very short piece in Planted. You play, the drugstore test comes back +.


darkmaas gives us a really naughty piece in Theology of Ardor. Reminds me of a good catholic girl I knew; approaching thirty and frequently dressed in an outfit that looked so much like a catholic school girl's uniform. Everyone knew she was good and some knew even better how very, very good she was to men and women. As the man said, ever exploring the full range of original sin...


darkitude again explores the risks and consequences of submission in By the time I get to Phoenix. It's a rather good piece, though it could use some trimming. The comments she's already received should give her some matters to consider.


WomanPariah is at it again with her Journey-Loves Remain. She weaves her magic in her complex word patterns — a tough read when done so early on a Saturday morning. Mercy!


ElmerGlew is at it again with one of his short, tightly written poems in arson. You'll have to decide for yourself if this is about a love so hot it burns or her fiery words burning through your heart in a break-up.


KOLKORE gives us a very sweet and moving piece in The chicken with the golden comb. If this one doesn't move you, you must be dead.


And finally, my absolute favorite of the day for very personal reasons comes to us from Curiouswife. Goodbye my.... For me, she was more than a friend but never {damn} a lover; her memory lifts my soul still and perhaps one day our paths will cross again.


That's it for today. A broad selection to pick through. Enjoy!

.
.
 
New Poems Review 1/13/08

I expect by now all of you have read today's 7 new poems and don't really need my reviews. Nonetheless, here are my comments.

AnonAndAnon shows us some nice metaphor in One night I dreamed I stood alone,.
I also enjoyed the meter and line breaks. All this, and a message ,too. A very nice turn here. A taste to entice you:

Something of the sculptor's art still remained.
Blasted in the sand, those lips retained
In their sneer of cold command,
The indifferent cruelty that'd been the man.


arbenitre's initial offering Home came across to me as soft, secure and warm. I think that was the aim. Of course I could be way off the mark. (I often am...:rolleyes: )
It's a short and easy read, but carries a definite mood.

rachlou gives us 2 for 1 with Night and Day Haiku. I like them both in and of themselves, but am still not sure if they are more effective paired as they are here. Decide for yourself.

decadence3d has 2 up as well, but separately, From Clay to Cup and Scars. Both are short, but I think would be even more effective if edited down to their essence.

Remember the old saying "The nose knows."? Well, Tokuqin lets us know what the nose knows in Nose Club. Membership is free, so give it a sniff.

NoamZane's sophomore submission, Puppy Haze is another set of lyrics, this time set to the tune of Joan Osborne's "One of Us". I have to say it made me smile, especially the refrain:

What if God was spelled backwards?
Running loose in the suburbs?
without a leash and not being curbed,
going everywhere but home,
like a shaggy rolling stone?


That's it for Sunday. Please read, vote and comment. I know the poets appreciate input. Be well.:rose:
 
I expect by now all of you have read today's 7 new poems and don't really need my reviews. Nonetheless, here are my comments.

AnonAndAnon shows us some nice metaphor in One night I dreamed I stood alone,.
I also enjoyed the meter and line breaks. All this, and a message ,too. A very nice turn here. A taste to entice you:

Something of the sculptor's art still remained.
Blasted in the sand, those lips retained
In their sneer of cold command,
The indifferent cruelty that'd been the man.


To add my meager 2¢ to this review, allow me to add that this is a fine parody on Shelley and for those who'd like, here's a link to refresh your memory of the original.

.
.
 
January 15, 2008

There are twelve new poems posted today and a bit of something for everyone. Fflow's narrator is voicing some silky seduction in Divinity, today's only audio poetry offering. rachlou gives us a double acrostic, not an easy thing to write, in her Seductive Temptress. Ancient17311, a poet who has been at Lit a very long time and is well worth checking out, offers Reflection of an Afternoon, which touches on some profound questions in his typically prosey, meandering way and has an almost Prufrockian feel to it. WomanPariah has two good poems up today: Paws des dieux is an edited resubmission of a ballet fanstasy that has the poet dancing off with Brad Pitt and Ed Norton, severally. It's an enjoyable read as is her Fuck the Earth, an edgy free-verse rant with some wonderful alliteration and line-breaky word plays. If you're looking for an interesting point of view, read Victoria_Lucas' The Underwear I Left at Your Place, which is funny and so focused, the panties are practically a character. And don't miss two wonderful poems by Tristesse2, Detour, a short narrative piece whose metaphoric finish leaves no questions as to the outcome, and The Other Half, a sort of cautionary piece on why we sometimes need to keep our secret understanding quiet long enough for it to grow to something meaningful. This lovely poem earned a Literotica Editor's Choice E. Well done, PoeTess!

There are other new poems I haven't mentioned. If you would like to recommend any or all of them, please do so here. And don't forget to read, vote if you wish, but please take a moment to comment on the poems that move you. :rose:
 
Wednesday's Review

.
.


I got one look at the listing for today's offering of 20 poems and a wave of foreboding swept over me as it would to a sacrificial lamb being led to the promised land. It's that time of year again — Survivor. Okay, it's a tad melodramatic, so, as a dutiful reviewer I shall scan every single last one and pass on the results of which tickle my tummy. Perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised. Today's offering is split between 10 illustrated and 10 textual, so let's see what's out there...


My pick of the day is from Willow Rain who has a poem out today to which perhaps some of our lady poets might relate, Chub – Bad Girl relates the plight of a tongue-tied poetess face to face with a hunk. Oh dear, now what to say...


Flywheel_Monzo has his first submission here in Absolute Dark, a better than expected first submission, especially since it's in the erotic category. Not quite what you might expect of a poem about a three-some after a night of clubbing. Give him a welcome.


UnderYourSpell has a couple posted today, but the one that caught my eye, Cherubs is really sweet, precious, cute, and rhyming. Got the picture? Good, because sometimes the mind needs a little light reading to soothe its aches.

That's it for today. Only three out of twenty. But don't let that stop you. See if there's something out there that appeals to your own particular taste; these are based on my peculiar tastes. Just please do read, vote, comment ~ it's the least you can do. Above all, comment ~ a fair exchange for the pleasure of reading free poetry.

.
.
 
Last edited:
I'm finished reading.
Nothing really made me jiggle and quiver with excitement. Well, maybe I jiggled a little.

WomanPariah's poem gave me a headache. Thanks a lot WomanPariah.
Here's her poem: Savant Replies to the Critic
Maybe it's "jeeneeus."


8:05 AM
by KOLKORE©
I won't be wooing this poem, because the last line isn't ready for courting. The rest is rather fine and dandy.
 
There are twelve new poems posted today and a bit of something for everyone. Fflow's narrator is voicing some silky seduction in Divinity, today's only audio poetry offering. rachlou gives us a double acrostic, not an easy thing to write, in her Seductive Temptress. Ancient17311, a poet who has been at Lit a very long time and is well worth checking out, offers Reflection of an Afternoon, which touches on some profound questions in his typically prosey, meandering way and has an almost Prufrockian feel to it. WomanPariah has two good poems up today: Paws des dieux is an edited resubmission of a ballet fanstasy that has the poet dancing off with Brad Pitt and Ed Norton, severally. It's an enjoyable read as is her Fuck the Earth, an edgy free-verse rant with some wonderful alliteration and line-breaky word plays. If you're looking for an interesting point of view, read Victoria_Lucas' The Underwear I Left at Your Place, which is funny and so focused, the panties are practically a character. And don't miss two wonderful poems by Tristesse2, Detour, a short narrative piece whose metaphoric finish leaves no questions as to the outcome, and The Other Half, a sort of cautionary piece on why we sometimes need to keep our secret understanding quiet long enough for it to grow to something meaningful. This lovely poem earned a Literotica Editor's Choice E. Well done, PoeTess!

There are other new poems I haven't mentioned. If you would like to recommend any or all of them, please do so here. And don't forget to read, vote if you wish, but please take a moment to comment on the poems that move you. :rose:

A couple of things about a good reviewer, is trust in their objectivity and the fact that they will point out things that you may have missed,

I second Tristess (I have no disclaimer on Tess - I like her work), and will have to check out some of the others now,

despite the fact Ange and WickedEve are mods (small m) I trust their reviews.

Today
Hope is a Thing With Zeroes
http://www.literotica.com:81/stories/showstory.php?id=347983
by swallowedscream ( I do not know this person)
who came recommended by foehn
starts out with a great first line, a little rough but it fits that time of year...
Waking daily–
to that cymbal playing monkey
beating a rhythm in my head.

Let's hope the Zeroes are lined up where you want them.
 
New Poem Reviews 1/20/08

Only 5 New Poems today.

First up, ovidiusR with his initial offering Through Your Threshold. I am not an historical or poetic scholar, but I'm sure there's a name for this poetry form...iambic multameter or something, very prosey and classical in it's use of language.
I'd like to see it split into some stanzas, but I liked many of the meataphors, and if you're the type who gets vapors, you may enjoy this poem immensely.

WomanPariah is brutally honest, albeit with a clever turn of phrase in From you, with you, at you. It's short and succinct, and worth a read or 3.

A lament from swallowedscream, familiar to many I'm sure, is Hope is a Thing With Zeroes. Hold on ss, it's an election year, and everyone wants your vote. I think your prayer will be answered.

Like the Clouds of the title, or the seedling floating by, I find AnonAndAnon's I Lie Lonely as a cloud, a pleasant piece of fluff but lacking any real impact. If that is the intention, then it fulfills that purpose adequately.

Next Door Girl by Tokuqin sounds more like a newspaper report than a poem, and one in need of proofreading at that. I recommend making this a bit more interesting by using some metaphor to instill some drama, get the reader invested in the poem. Show us some emotion.

The only link I provided today was to the New Poems list, as it is very short. Please pay a visit, read and comment, vote if you are moved to do so.
 
Last edited:
January 22, 2008

Good afternoon poetry lovers. There are ten new poems posted today. Here's what caught my eye:

Selfish by Victoria_Lucas is really good. It's only 17 lines, but chock full of interesting, evocative images, some clever rhyming and a great sexy ending. She's a newish poet and I urge you to read her submissions. She doesn't have many yet, but every one's a gem. Definitely a poet to watch.

WomanPariah has another of her mind-bending poems in Ego checkless. I'm not sure what it means: is she without ego in this poem or overcome by it, hiding behind more slips, turns and spills than a roller coaster ride. Part of the joy of reading this poet is relishing her utter disregard for proper English. That doesn't mean her poems are sloppy, but that she seems utterly unafraid of taking chances with language. Sometimes it doesn't quite work: I don't think, for example, that one can feign "supineness," but mostly this is dizzyingly fun to read. Like Eve said, "a whole mess of fun." :)

Read Dear Stu, a giggle of a poem by rachlou. It's tongue-in-cheek funny along the lines of "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover." It takes a simple rhyme and really works it. No subtext here, just a cute, fun bit of writing.

NoamZane has a great idea for a poem in Poetry Facts. For me, it didn't quite work, maybe because the poem seems a little too earnest. The best parts are the surreal images scattered here and there. A good edit with more emphasis on those images and wordplay and less of the prosiness would really pull this together, I think.

It's nice to see sweet GA peaches submitting poems here again. Her submission today, Beyond has some absolutely lovely images and a good flow, but is marred, unfortunately, by some writing errors and what appear to be a few malaprops. It's nothing a good edit wouldn't fix though, and if you squint past those errors you'll have a nice, dreamy ride through this poem.

These are just one person's opinions. There are other poems posted today that may appeal to you. If you have others you'd like to recommend, please feel free to do so here. Whether you do or not, if you read please vote and, most important, leave a comment. Those comments mean everything to a poet brave enough to put the poem out there for us.

Peace,
Angeline
:rose:
 
Wednesday's Review

.
.


Today's a rather light day. I don't mean in quantity; there are 17 poems up today. Most seem easy on the mind, a pleasure to read the better ones but also, not very compelling. A rather laid back Wednesday, so let's see what's out there.


Lizzle has three posted today, two of which caught my eye. If Eyes are the Windows to the Soul... is a very short piece. Only 5 more words than the title, but so revealing in what it's trying to shelter. Addiction is about, well, it's revealed in the title. But it's told in a short, terse style; of her falling in love with him, of him falling in love with, well, you get the picture. It's not overblown and melodramatic and therein lies its strength.


foehn2 offers up a prayer that is in the spirit of joy and happiness. Lord, I Woke Up Happy may not be standard fare, but it is a comfortable piece to read.


UnderYourSpell offers up a brief piece that's a break from her frequent fare of rhyming work {at least that's the impression I carry}. In The Past she examines how the past impacts the present in most insidious ways on the mind. A little something to think about.


WFEATHER in Nightly tells us of a street walker's sad, cold, dismal life. Again, this one's brief and not melodramatic and with its simple rhyme, conveys feeling well.


Finally, RhymeFairy is the poet of the day with three good submissions. This is not the old RF; these sound like she's been working while she's been absent. Well, perhaps you can hear the old RF breaking through in her third posting. In Another Page experience feelings of soft sensual memories being relived. It feels both erotic and nostalgic. In Nirvana you can also experience the soft and sensual {and almost wistful} feeling as a couple engage each other in a park setting. Finally, Mostly is a highly descriptive piece about the poet herself. Unfortunately, while it starts off strong, it tends to devolve into the old RF style {a bit cutesy}. Nothing wrong with being cute for a certain feeling or lightness you may want to convey but here it tends to detract from an excellent start. Give these a read {my recommendation for today} and see how much stronger RF feels here in her newest works.


That's it for today's look at the New Poems. By all means, go ahead and read the rest and see if any others grab you. Just be sure to read, vote, comment ~ it's the least you can do. Above all, comment ~ a fair exchange for the pleasure of reading free poetry.

.
.
 
Last edited:
Thursday

16 new poems for Thursday -- half of them erotic.

Good erotic poetry can be a challenge to write -- and I don't care if it's coming from the heart or a naughty part. A poet needs some talent and skill to pull off a good piece of erotica. For me, L'hotel Malaka is a perfect example of sophistication and subtlety. Read this darkmaas poem and you won't just be reading about Sophie. You will see Sophie in the purple darkness of her room.

Also, today, offering erotica are some regulars like RhymeFairy(I Shaved ...) WFEATHER(Accept) and UnderYourSpell(Pulsating) I do hope these poets -- and the rest of us -- will read darkmaas' L'hotel Malaka

Be sure to read all of the erotica posted today and offer your praise, comments, constructive suggestions, etc. All the poets are putting forth effort and deserve some feedback. :)


I'll return soon with the non-erotic poems, as soon as I read them.
 
more for Thursday

I just adore it when a poem offers only a few words. Yes, my wee mind expands with joy -- not too much, because that would hurt a wee mind. In other words, I have a short attention span and I really love short poems. :D

Here are two INTERESTING poems with few words.
The first one is by a fascinating poet with a kick-ass name: WomanPariah
If you notice a difference between my two reviews for today, well, let's just say, "Lots o'coffee!"
Tick Talk
Seconds intimating a promised union, whisper,

----------

Finish
by SunrockSin
dies just as
the favorite character


----------

duckiesmut gives us more than a few words but not too many with her Chinese Water Torture
and she caves
like a falling rain
of tiny pebbles-


This is a good poem (I realized that even more after a slower, second reading) that's listed as non-erotic, but appears to be very erotic.
 
Happy Robbie Burns Day!

Six new poems so far this morning, I'll check later on, too, in case more find their way onto the list.

Willow Rain's, Chub - Heartwood is a good poem full of imagery that manages to stay away from the cliche of "burning desire" through fresh illustrations and imagery. Check it out.

Negative by SunrockSin is a really fine poem full of surreal imagery and worth a read.

The list isn't too long so you could read all of this morning's offerings. Then, if you noticed new poetry that you would like to review or mention, I invite you to share them on this thread.
 
Happy Robbie Burns Day!

Six new poems so far this morning, I'll check later on, too, in case more find their way onto the list.

Willow Rain's, Chub - Heartwood is a good poem full of imagery that manages to stay away from the cliche of "burning desire" through fresh illustrations and imagery. Check it out.

Negative by SunrockSin is a really fine poem full of surreal imagery and worth a read.

The list isn't too long so you could read all of this morning's offerings. Then, if you noticed new poetry that you would like to review or mention, I invite you to share them on this thread.
True to Lit form, there are more new poems up today, January 25th.

Jamison's treating us to a slice of his life in the poem, Thermogenesis. Yes, it's got the hot moments we expect from Jamison, especially when he's got such an apt title. And don't stop there, no no. Read Donor Remorse. This poem raises those questions faced by transplant committees every day. Why should a 42 year old smoker get a new lung when the 78 year old non-smoker gets passed over because of age? It's sad and bitter and so true. I'm sorry anyone has to face being angry at a loved one in this situation. Jamison makes me empathize with all the people this poem circles around.

Tequila Temptation by rachlou is a rhyming poem that trips along really well. Spend a minute reading if this is to your taste. It's pretty good.

Willow Rain has 2 more Chub poems. this one, Chub - Her Serf you should read for its fresh take on every girl's favourite bundle of sensation. There are one or two errors in the poem but they by no means should put you off having some fun reading it.

Those are the only poems I found worthy of note. This reflects my taste and opinion and is by no means a reflection of the quality of those poems I didn't put forward here. If you read a poem that you feel should be mentioned or reviewed, please post yours here on this thread.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
 
Last edited:
Sunday 1/27/08

There are 11 New Poems up so far today.

Winter Rain by AnonAndAnon is the first up and the first I wanted to mention. This is a dark and somber poem, to the point I feel the poet is trying a bit to hard.
The first 2 lines:
With the crack of distant breaking trees,
Unheard and unseen,


I feel bears this out. Apparently if a tree falls in the woods and nobody hears it, it does make a sound.
From the litany of desolate images listed here, it's obvious the subject of this poem is not a happy camper, but the impact is lessened by the overkill.


dirtyparisian , a new poet here gives us 2 poems,Pornocrat's Complaint and Cunnilingual Ramblings. Of the two, I prefer the trip down mammary lane to Venus valley. I will admit to having a preference for this pasttime, and enjoyed the journey for the most part, although at times the choice of words seemed a little at odds with the overall sentiment being expressed.
I for one, have never considered the intoxicating aroma exuded from heaven's gate to be "vulval stink."

I am sure that given the chance, I could prove my contention above with sweet GA peaches, especially after her Foreplay. This poem is short on words, yet playful, evocative and sexy.

That's it for me for today. The opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone, and I am certainly no expert. I recommend you read the poems yourself, and leave comments for the poets. Vote if that's your thing.

If I missed one of your faves, feel free to leave a comment here. Have a nice Sunday all.
 
Who was supposed to review Saturday's poems? I never pay attention to who has what. I was a bit consternated, however, because I felt there were several good ones up on Saturday. It would seem most have already found them, because they have nice comments.

I'll reiterate my disclaimer that I can't spend my life here. But I think some people (who ignore everything not recommended by the New Poems Reviews) might want to check out a couple of poets I don't remember seeing before.

Despite a few technical flaws and an assinine comment by our ever-famous "Anonymous," one of my favorites of SATURDAY was Acompaniment by Nirvanadragoness. I left an additional comment (which I usually do not do) inviting "Anonymous" to allow us to trash her or his own work. It's insensate for a human being to be so biased and so rabid. In my less-than-humble opinion. Go, comment on the poem. It's not a sin to not like it, but give real reasons if you don't (which "Anonymous" did not do, adequately.)

There are many other good poems (despite "Anonymous'" "better than thou" stance) from Saturday. I would say that included in the powerful development stage would be WitchyNiki's poems; yes, all of them. But I particularly liked The Psychopomp

I had a couple of poems up also, but apparently, "Anonymous" depreciated them so much that they didn't even deserve comment.

I have not mentioned other poets, but in general, Saturday was a good day. It's a shame that there was no review.

/tom
 
Last edited:
Who was supposed to review Saturday's poems? I never pay attention to who has what. I was a bit consternated, however, because I felt there were several good ones up on Saturday. It would seem most have already found them, because they have nice comments.

I'll reiterate my disclaimer that I can't spend my life here. But I think some people (who ignore everything not recommended by the New Poems Reviews) might want to check out a couple of poets I don't remember seeing before.

Despite a few technical flaws and an assinine comment by our ever-famous "Anonymous," one of my favorites of SATURDAY was Acompaniment by Nirvanadragoness. I left an additional comment (which I usually do not do) inviting "Anonymous" to allow us to trash her or his own work. It's insensate for a human being to be so biased and so rabid. In my less-than-humble opinion. Go, comment on the poem. It's not a sin to not like it, but give real reasons if you don't (which "Anonymous" did not do, adequately.)

There are many other good poems (despite "Anonymous'" "better than thou" stance) from Saturday. I would say that included in the powerful development stage would be WitchyNiki's poems; yes, all of them. But I particularly liked The Psychopomp

I had a couple of poems up also, but apparently, "Anonymous" depreciated them so much that they didn't even deserve comment.

I have not mentioned other poets, but in general, Saturday was a good day. It's a shame that there was no review.

/tom

New Poem Reviews
Progeny by tungtied2u a poem in thought (~_~)

Joshua Trees by Foehn2 needles ca. (grinin) this poem brought back memories (~_~)

be sure to read Saturdays offerings and have a quality week

I am sorry, but I thought I posted this earlier. Apparantly, it did not go through. My apologies for the delay. MET:eek:
 
Who was supposed to review Saturday's poems? I never pay attention to who has what. I was a bit consternated, however, because I felt there were several good ones up on Saturday. It would seem most have already found them, because they have nice comments.

I'll reiterate my disclaimer that I can't spend my life here. But I think some people (who ignore everything not recommended by the New Poems Reviews) might want to check out a couple of poets I don't remember seeing before.

Despite a few technical flaws and an assinine comment by our ever-famous "Anonymous," one of my favorites of SATURDAY was Acompaniment by Nirvanadragoness. I left an additional comment (which I usually do not do) inviting "Anonymous" to allow us to trash her or his own work. It's insensate for a human being to be so biased and so rabid. In my less-than-humble opinion. Go, comment on the poem. It's not a sin to not like it, but give real reasons if you don't (which "Anonymous" did not do, adequately.)

There are many other good poems (despite "Anonymous'" "better than thou" stance) from Saturday. I would say that included in the powerful development stage would be WitchyNiki's poems; yes, all of them. But I particularly liked The Psychopomp

I had a couple of poems up also, but apparently, "Anonymous" depreciated them so much that they didn't even deserve comment.

I have not mentioned other poets, but in general, Saturday was a good day. It's a shame that there was no review.

/tom

FYI, here's the current lineup:

Sunday: tungtied2u
Monday:WomanPariah
Tuesday: Angeline
Wednesday: LeBroz
Thursday: Wicked Eve
Friday: Champagne
Saturday: My Erotic Trail

And having said that, anyone can post a review at any time. Let me repeat that (not for you specifically, but because no one ever seems to realize this though we've been saying it for years): Anyone can post a review at any time. I certainly realize that whenever I review, I may not catch all the poems people like or see them the same way others will, so it's good to have as many perspectives as possible in this thread. And of course, life gets in the way of reviewing some days, so if anyone ever feels a poem (or poems) deserve mention, please mention them here.

And thank you, foehn, for taking on Saturday's poems in Art's absence. I like your recommendations. (And dear Art, I know how it is--some days I don't even remember it's my review day until late afternoon).

:rose:
 
Tuesday, January 29

There are 16 new poems. I like Body Walking by swallowedscream, which has some excellent word play; diet by ElmerGlew,which is clever and succinct and all but perfect imo (except for the "anyway"); and A Convicts XXX-mas by inkmasterloady, which is untimely, incredibly crass and really funny in a politically incorrect sorta way. Then there's Nostalgia by Tokuqin who is not a native speaker of English and it shows in the poem, and yet he has managed to convey a very well-formed series of images in this poem with a touching ending. And there's Friskograph by WomanPariah, which riffs on Christopher Marlowe and marries Elizabethan to Post-Modern in her utterly edgy, endearing way. This may be the best I've seen from her yet, and it's my pick of the day. Please read Jamison's two offerings today: Isosceles -1, which has promise but needs work, and Future Fade, which I preferred for its sharp imagery, at least in the first strophe. It gets too talky for me (yes, unbelievably some things are too talky for blabbly me) toward the end, which needs the sharp focus the poems starts with, but Jami wants feedback, I know, so help a brother out. And finally, there are two audio poems posted today; don't miss Humane by SunrockSin, which is good and sadly moving whether you just read it or you listen as well.

There are other poems I might have mentioned if I weren't tired and feeling like a cold is finally catching up with me. Forgive my brief (for me lol) review and comments today, and read, vote where the option is offered, and--most important--comment on the poems that speak to you. If you have recommendations, make them here, right in this thread, anytime. :rose:
 
Wednesday's Review

.
.



What a nutty day — in an hour and a half, goes from a dry 53°F to a snowy 30°F and now it's in the teens {and still dropping}, making Buffalo, in one day, one of the warmest spots in the state of New York and one of the coldest.

Oh well, on to the poetry. Nothing really stands out today with 18 poems posted — nothing painfully bad or terrifically good. Maybe it was all that wine last night. But I will at least mention a newer poet with a third of today's poems {newer in the sense that before today, she'd only posted a single poem}.


tgrlily317 has six poems posted today. They have an easy, fresh, and almost natural sound. Could use a bit of polishing but not too much, lest they then start to sound like every other poem. Her better ones up today are: lovemaking — using the pronoun "I" in lower case distracts, but it is cute the way those three little words finally come out. that winter is another natural feeling poem, as she shyly undresses/dresses. In socks, is there really a sock fetish?

That's about it for today's New Poems. You can take a look and see if anything out there grabs your attention. Right about now I'd rather burrow under a nice warm quilt. But you go on ahead and read, vote, comment ~ it's the least you can do. Above all, comment ~ a fair exchange for the pleasure of reading free poetry.


.
.
.
 
Thursday

There are 11 new poems
I see a few familiar names. I think I'll start with WomanPariah.

Corrupt Wanderer
by WomanPariah
I don't think it's necessary to completely understand W.P.'s poetry to enjoy it. I usually have a basic idea what she's writing about. What I really enjoy is her originality and which words she decides to smoosh together.

Titular Inspiration
by WomanPariah
To brand me the new Hostile Jesus, the Queen of the Line,
The songy Princess, the sheep-cum-angry-cute-Wolfy.

For all of you who read, write and enjoy the same old run-of-the-mill, cliché crap, go read W.P.'s "writ-shit."

A couple of other poems that are worth a mention, in my opinion:

Cheap Sunglasses
by My Erotic Trail
This poem is good but has potential to be better.

The American Blues
by seannelson
I'm not entirely excited about the rhyme and rhythm in this poem, but it does have some interesting material.
 
Hi everyone. If you visit the new poems list today be sure to check out Jami-san's two poems, Dessicated and Salty Dog. They're really smooth and excellent reads that you'll be glad you took a minute to check out.

There are 17 other poems sharing the day and although I don't mention them individually here, you should read and decide if you like them. I may not have mentioned a poem you would like to review here. Please, take a moment and share. My tastes do not reflect everyone else's and in that way I may have missed something you feel should be given the limelight for a few moments.

Have a good day and a better weekend.
 
New Poem Reviews
Counting Sheep by Svedish_Chef this poem is a poetic recipe for insomnia (~_~) or rather a little poetic morsel.

Mezmer.Eyez by sweet GA peaches the windows to the soul in a poetic write (~_~)




be sure to read Saturdays offerings and have a quality week
 
New Poem Reviews 2/3/08

Five New Poems so far today.

rachlou gives us her reflections on the end in Finis. The end of what you ask....you decide.

PrincessErin has her first 2 submissions up today, Near Death and It is not fair. Although I can not be sure, these both seem to be commentaries on different aspects of the same difficult situation. I could not help but be moved by what that situation might be. The poems would be much stronger if pared down to be less prosey. Nevertheless, it is nice to have you here, PrincessErin, and brave of you to bare your emotions on this subject.

Be well all ! Read, comment and if so moved, vote.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top