New OOC 'Rebuild'

Cramer's going to borrow Ria's cell phone to call the Winery, who's going to answer? The service entrance or drive up the creek bed? The APC can do either one. Your call.

Last edited:
I would say come in by the private residence gate. You can have Cramer know where they keep the gate key hidden. Then there are a few spike traps on the road leading to the Restaurant/Castle but as this was to be the route they would be using for their vehicles they are spaced in such a way that you can drive from side to side as long as you drive slowly.

Question, Poll or whatever about spice ...

I really liked how LetUsWrite set up "Rebuild". I am missing those tasks, challenges, rewards he was thinking of. As far as I remember we had only one: Flipping a coin to decide which of the five items you really wanted you would find in the Lost&Found.

As it is going now, we simply find what we need, when we need it and with the amount of danger we feel happy with.

How would you all like it if we build in some challenges, tasks and maybe rewards?
I don't think anyone of us really has the time to manage this, but we could add a challenge to a post once in a while, set a certain amount of time to solve it and then vote here who of us solved it best, or who had the most original approach to success?

The best way would be if you would send your ideas to me, and I would add one once in a while?

Maybe we even could hand over a reward somehow, like, what do I know, some 'treats' for the character? Or the winning writer could chose the next task from the file I would keep? (That way I would be able to participate also ...)

MM has been great with spicing things up (Lex and the attack; the turds at the armory) but maybe we could do better? (*grins* I mean, it isn't fair to let her set us all up every time, is it?)

So, ideas for the trip which is about to start?
What difficulties we will have to conquer?
What you think of my idea here, and ideas for challenges only per PM please!

Last edited:
I think it's a neat idea. But if challenges are sent for Daniel, I will do them. But make them not so common, because otherwise I will hold everyone up.

i think challenges are a great idea as would be a reward for character and writer.

I think it's a neat idea. But if challenges are sent for Daniel, I will do them. But make them not so common, because otherwise I will hold everyone up.

I think a challenge would not always be directed at a single writer. What I was thinking about was more along the lines of what MM already did: Surprise all (or some) writers with a sudden turn. Only now all would know (a little ooc under a post would tell if the post included a challenge and maybe what the reward would be) the following posts (four, or six or whatever) wouldn't only be read to follow the story but also would be voted upon. Would the problem be solved in that time, all the better, but it shouldn't be solved by a sole writer if it was addressed at a group of writers. Maybe that should be added in the Challenge OOC under the post? Something like: One may, or minimal two should?

i think challenges are a great idea as would be a reward for character and writer.

I think hat should be posted in the Challenge OOC too, if winning would reward the writer or the character I think. Just so that everybody knows what the stakes are ...

Writing is my challenge so my vote on challenges has to be no.

I know, Wolf. But solving a challenge would be writing like you do now. Like at the armory and during Lex' attack and such? I thought MM's ideas gave a nice twist and everyone involved came up with solutions.

I like the idea ... but i'm not sure how it will work ... let's try an example:

On the way to the winery the convoy will pass a sign along the road that says “Come to the New Hope Church!!” these word looked normal and professionally designed and written. However under them … written in what looks like blood … are the words “Pray to the zombie god!”

Everyone will get to the winery and start integrating with the winery people ... however someone will asked about the church (it is located in the small town of Lorane, Or near the winery)

A team will go and check out the church… the people at the church will be worshiping the zombies … (passage below)

“The atheist kingdoms call this an epidemic, a zombie virus … they worship their soulless science. The faithful know the truth. Behold the truth of God’s justice. These holy undead march to His orders. Praise them. Praise Him. Behold His wonder and vengeance. The Good Lord is taking us to the woodshed.” The Minister said.

Challenge (convince the worshipers to stop this “false” zombie religion)

Reward new medical break through on spore research (timeline on when the next “flowering” will occur … or something like that)

Ah do what is always done. Make him angry in front of his whole flock that they are the chosen ones, then take him out, stake him in an open space and fire a gun. He is zombie chow in minutes. Followers run. No more church. Job done.

Oh have to check him for virus to make sure they won't avoid him.

Sounds ok to me. As always time is tricky for me. I'd give it a go though as long as I'm not going to hold anyone up.

If you had multiple solutions to a problem where would you post them. ? Here or a separate thread?

I like the idea ... but i'm not sure how it will work ... let's try an example:

On the way to the winery the convoy will pass a sign along the road that says “Come to the New Hope Church!!” these word looked normal and professionally designed and written. However under them … written in what looks like blood … are the words “Pray to the zombie god!”

Everyone will get to the winery and start integrating with the winery people ... however someone will asked about the church (it is located in the small town of Lorane, Or near the winery)

A team will go and check out the church… the people at the church will be worshiping the zombies … (passage below)

“The atheist kingdoms call this an epidemic, a zombie virus … they worship their soulless science. The faithful know the truth. Behold the truth of God’s justice. These holy undead march to His orders. Praise them. Praise Him. Behold His wonder and vengeance. The Good Lord is taking us to the woodshed.” The Minister said.

Challenge (convince the worshipers to stop this “false” zombie religion)

Reward new medical break through on spore research (timeline on when the next “flowering” will occur … or something like that)

Wonderful! Yes, something like this. Of course, to make it a real challenge, someone would have to write the minister and his flock. Otherwise the outcome would be too predictable, like at the attack or at the Armory.

We are always winning ...

If we limit the posts of each participant it would be easy to decide if the challenge was won. (No idea if this is the right tense *grins* I hope you'll understand what I mean)

Sounds ok to me. As always time is tricky for me. I'd give it a go though as long as I'm not going to hold anyone up.

If you had multiple solutions to a problem where would you post them. ? Here or a separate thread?

Solutions should be made in the posts on the story thread. It would be your character, working together with other characters (or alone if the challenge was directed at you; of course everyone is free to accept or decline the challenge) solving the problem.

I was also thinking of little tasks or windows of opportunity for the characters, like flipping a coin about what they are going to find during a scavenge.

Say they were at Cramer's farm and only have a limited time to get the crops in, flipping a coin would decide if they get all, or just part of it. Then two or three characters would say in their post what they most hope to harvest (by offering two things like: apples and corn, wheat and rye, cherries and cabbage) and someone would flip a coin and tell in the next post what the harvest will be?

The original idea sounded OK to me, I am enjoying the new format though.

-shrugs-

Doesn't matter, if I can't cut it in the planned format Deacon dies. No biggie

The original idea sounded OK to me, I am enjoying the new format though.

-shrugs-

Doesn't matter, if I can't cut it in the planned format Deacon dies. No biggie

Why should Deacon have to die?
I don't see this as a 'must participate', but as an option to participate. A way to spice things up a bit? It would be up to everyone to play or not. A small note at the top would be enough to tell the others if you are playing on a challenge or playing as before. We wouldn't add a new challenge as soon as one is finished. That would be boring.

If we wouldn't add challenges or Flipping coins (to decide which of two (or more) goodies characters are going to get), I have collected a few ideas already to add to the plot.

I will post them here if we are not going to do this, maybe make a plot line post which I link to the first post and to which I add ideas from all of you as they arrive. It is a waste if you think of something nice that just doesn't fit in in the plot we are playing now (the scouting trip) and would forget about it ...

Haha

Because Deacon is most likely to overstep, be a bit too sure of his skills and land himself in a world of trouble. With the chance of him being able to die, he will at some stage do so.

But if I misunderstood and the new format would only be about rewards and not less about dangers, I'm sure it will be OK

1. Deacon can't be killed off he's the wild card every story needs. 2. Besides Cramer couldn't a wingman to anyone else so the big man ain't dying. I now vote yes for challenges Cramer would do well in. As for a Zombie Church he'll just deal with harvesting his crop. Also there's livestock to round up if they've gotten out. Ski and Washington could stick with Cramer to secure the farm from escaped convicts?

Haha

Because Deacon is most likely to overstep, be a bit too sure of his skills and land himself in a world of trouble. With the chance of him being able to die, he will at some stage do so.

But if I misunderstood and the new format would only be about rewards and not less about dangers, I'm sure it will be OK

I am with Wolf on your first statement, Deacon is needed! Badly!

It would be about rewards, and about having us all think about twists and turns, and about not being able to just stumble over all the stuff we would like to have. Like I did at the Garden Center and Edna's neighbor's place. We got way to much there! And way to easy.

1. Deacon can't be killed off he's the wild card every story needs. 2. Besides Cramer couldn't a wingman to anyone else so the big man ain't dying. I now vote yes for challenges Cramer would do well in. As for a Zombie Church he'll just deal with harvesting his crop. Also there's livestock to round up if they've gotten out. Ski and Washington could stick with Cramer to secure the farm from escaped convicts?

1: Right!
2: Right!
3: It would be up to you if you accept a challenge or not.
Say convicts have taken over he farm (if that would be a challenge, it also could be just a nice twist someone (you *grins*) came up with), Cramer could say "lets get rid of them" or: "The risks are too high, I don't want to be a part of it" That way it would be clear to everyone you play in the challenge or not. Would you not want to play in this challenge (if it was one) you could keep Cramer in the APV, ready to evacuate those who are fighting or something like that?

It would be up to everyone to think up a logical way to keep a character out off harm if one wouldn't play in a challenge. Lots of possibilities to do so, have your character knocked on the head, or have it knock his head on a beam or something, or sleeping, or sitting on the toilet, or whatever would make sure it wouldn't be around in the few posts set for a challenge, I think.

Some challenges would be a matter of minutes in RL, some might take longer, in that case your character could be busy with looking after sick ones, or something like that?

Cramer not accept the challenge of assholes in the farm house he built himself? Now you, myself and everyone else knows better than that! ;) I like that we'll have options (A,B,C,D,E) we do need the ability to move the storyline along. We could use a few more writers as well, anyone know of any potential Knights? I also think we should have a patch honoring our fallen Knights, and a memorial service once we are settled into the Winery. Being that Library saved our bacon, she should be remembered as where our identity lies.

Last edited:
Cramer not accept the challenge of assholes in the farm house he built himself? Now you, myself and everyone else knows better than that! ;) I like that we'll have options (A,B,C,D,E) we do need the ability to move the storyline along. We could use a few more writers as well, anyone know of any potential Knights? I also think we should have a patch honoring our fallen Knights, and a memorial service once we are settled into the Winery. Being that Library saved our bacon, she should be remembered as where our identity lies.

We surely could use some more writers. I'll post in "announcements". Maybe that will bring us one or two new ones?

I think with the options we would have the story line would move on quite nicely.

Great ideas, Wolf!

Just warning you, my next post is basically Daniel venting all of his built up anger and hatred, so expect him insulting basically everyone. It isn't personal, it is for the sake of the story.

Thanks Dutchie, glad to contribute something helpful to our RP. Yup, ole Danny boys gone of around the Napoleon bend. There's a straight jacket in a case in the Psychology section better fetch it ya'll.

never good when your boyfriend calls you a slut ... not good ...

of coarse in a previous post Daniel tried to kill Cassandra ... that is pretty bad too!

I definitely want this to play out further. So don't make this thing with Daniel end so quickly. I mean, he can get caught by everyone, but I won't make him so easily convinced by you guys.

Great post penman, when I read that I just wanted to slap the taste out of Daniel's mouth, so you did a good job.

Just curious, did they retrieve explosives from the Armory? As far as I can remember we only got tools, generators, welding machine, guns and ammo? Of course since Danny is on the bender I can excuse him thinking the explosives came from the Armory, but just asking if I did miss something

OK in my post I hint towards zombies, but my post only identifies sound. Was thinking, if there is zombies, could they be the more lathargic type? If not the explanation could be that they have not caught the "human" smell yet and they might think it's other zombies and are moving closer to investigate?

Back