A poet walks away from a story forum

Magnetron

Deep Under Groundhog
..... and wonders why the Prosers are such a miserable lot, always complaining about something, sniping at one another, reaching for the pitchforks and torches.

Then you step inside PF&D and it is calm and everyone is laid back.

Perhaps if we had more readers for our submissions, we would begin to take ourselves too seriously as well and start developing delusions of grandeur and concocting tinfoil hat conspiracies ...........?

You obviously weren't around four months ago. But yeah, the PoBo is pretty peaceful 99% of the time.

If you are a writer and you have much of a following at all, you will eventually have to deal with fans of your work who feel that you are nothing without them personally; who feel that they speak for the audience, the audience makes the author, and therefore they personally have made you; who feel that they own your work and through it you; who feel that you owe them something, everything; who feel that you are obliged to write what they want, how they want it, when they want it; who, in short, feel that you exist for their benefit only.

I'm going to trust that the metaphor is easy enough to follow.

Last edited:
If you are a writer and you have much of a following at all, you will eventually have to deal with fans of your work who feel that you are nothing without them personally; who feel that they speak for the audience, the audience makes the author, and therefore they personally have made you you; who feel that they own your work and through it you: who feel that you owe them something, everything; who feel that you are obliged to write what they want, how they want it, when they want it; who, in short, feel that you exist for their benefit only.

I'm going to trust that the metaphor is easy enough to follow.

So you're saying it all ends up on the bdsm boards, little slave writers and their bi-focal wearing masters. Got ya. Good to know. Since I've got someone Tied up over there I feel at home already.

So you're saying it all ends up on the bdsm boards, little slave writers and their bi-focal wearing masters. Got ya. Good to know. Since I've got someone Tied up over there I feel at home already.

Yes, exactly! I'm glad it was clear—I must admit I was a little worried.

My POV: I have been active on LIT for a bit less than a year, entirely in prose until last week. I have observed the constant sniping-bickering-dogfucking in AH and other prose lairs. Who snipes? About a half-dozen folks with too much free time. A half-dozen... out of how many members and authors? The Law of Large Numbers produces a bell-curve of human behaviors. What we see in AH and related fora is the toe of that curve. I.e. non carborundum illegitimi (don't let the bastards grind you down). They are too few to worry about.

Being pussy whipped with celery stalks, titty clamped with battery jumper cables or getting smacked in the balls with a meat tenderizer is no excuse for accusations that Laurel is harvesting our organs while we sleep.

Being pussy whipped with celery stalks, titty clamped with battery jumper cables or getting smacked in the balls with a meat tenderizer is no excuse for accusations that Laurel is harvesting our organs while we sleep.

She's not? ~sad face~
I was kinda hoping she take my ovaries on her way through
So I can start growing some more hair
I hear hairy chics are all the rage on the fetish boards
Or was that Harry's chic on the GB that's all the rage?
No, football season is over and I think she may have groaned horse with all the yelling at the telly.
Gone to whet her whistle in the bar where all the stars are in her eyes.

And here I am still stuck with my damn ovaries.
Think I'll go walk the puppy
Work out the my kinks

She's not? ~sad face~
No, football season is over and I think she may have groaned horse with all the yelling at the telly.

Work out the my kinks

((((((shivers)))))))

See what I mean about calm and laid back?

Over here, we just respond to everything in the form of a poem

Make My eggs Over Easy

She's not? ~sad face~

Work out the my kinks

..... and wonders why the Prosers are such a miserable lot, always complaining about something, sniping at one another, reaching for the pitchforks and torches.

Then you step inside PF&D and it is calm and everyone is laid back.

Perhaps if we had more readers for our submissions, we would begin to take ourselves too seriously as well and start developing delusions of grandeur and concocting tinfoil hat conspiracies ...........?
look we have three
(and goddamn there is something magic about that number, duh)
When Eve stepped out from the banana bush, or tree o' knowin' things
whichever the case may be
Adam looked up and saw two tits
and a bushy thing maketh three
and Eve looked down and counted his junk
but you didn't hear this from me
no sirree
not me

maybe four if you read your own stuff
'n' since lack of interest, I'm not there
you're back down to three

Back