What are you fuckers reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you like it? I downloaded a sample, but haven't gotten to it yet.

I loved it. I actually gave it a five-star review on Goodreads. You can definitely tell the parts that were not written by the author. She had a flare that you don't normally see in true crime books. She also made you identify with the detectives and police officers and the heartaches of working a cold case. I am doing a combination of the Pop Sugar Reading Challenge and the Book Riot Read Harder challenge and I picked this book for my published posthumously.

And I just realized it took me forever to respond. I'm kind of hit and miss with Lit recently. Not a bad thing.
 
34275212.jpg


and

13872.jpg


and my audiobook is:

9780062654199.jpg
 
I just came across by accident -I saw an acquaintance browsing through one of them- Harold Bloom's Literary Themes.
They're also available on ScribD.

They seem like such gems.
They give a brief outline of books worth reading & their central themes.
I tried to read The Bell Jar and Kate Chopin's The Awakening before, but at the time they seemed tedious as hell. But now I feel more motivated.

Anyone aware of similar series?
 
Soldiers in the Southwest Borderllands...

ed. by James Lahti.

I am a military historian, and this is a rare book of the stories of about 10 enlisted men in the American SW from 1848 - 1886. These guys were usually illiterate, and its fun to see their experience.
 
it's a Library Book as well!

Lone Rider : Elspeth Beard (strap line - first british woman to motorcycle around the world)
 
Jell in a Very Small Place, Bernard Fall's classic about the battle of Dien Bien Phu and The Gun by CJ Spiller, the unauthorized biography of the AK-47 and it's effect on modern war and other aspects of providing any nut in the world with a reliable automatic weapon.
 
Yasssss

Jell in a Very Small Place, Bernard Fall's classic about the battle of Dien Bien Phu and The Gun by CJ Spiller, the unauthorized biography of the AK-47 and it's effect on modern war and other aspects of providing any nut in the world with a reliable automatic weapon.

Dien Bien Phu, about 1954, and we were in there in a few years to stop.....communism. So much folly in U S History.
 
A SHORT HISTORY OF THE PRINTED WORD, Warren Chappell (1979)

COWBOY SINGS: Songs Of The Ranch And Range, KS Clark (1932)

and a few catalogs (2018)
 
I have that but decided I need to make time to re-read the first two before I crack it open.

I should have re-read both- I opted to just re-read #2. And to be honest, I had to do a few searches into book one. Thank god for Kindle search.

If book #3 of The Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss ever comes out, I'll be re-reading the first two as well.
 
Last edited:
Been re-reading a lot of hard sf recently. Working my way through my Niven and Pournelle collection. Finished Footfall and Lucifer's Hammer, now on The Mote in God's Eye.
 
Been re-reading a lot of hard sf recently. Working my way through my Niven and Pournelle collection. Finished Footfall and Lucifer's Hammer, now on The Mote in God's Eye.

I like hard scifi but sometimes it's just soulless. Some writers love to tell you how but don't spend much time on why.
 
Interesting NYTimes article on that

Thank you for sharing this! I am a little obsessed with true crime (aka murder porn as my friends call it) and am doing a reading challenge this year where I had to pick a book for the category of published posthumously. I thought they did a fantastic job of taking her research and previously written articles and making it a book. Of course, now I want to know about the flashlight and Debbi!
 
Maestra erotic thriller novel by British author Lisa Hilton

Some of the reviewers slammed it.

I'm finding it warming in the right places and an enjoyable read.
 
I’m 3/4 of the way through a riveting yet long winded and challenging Lynx shower gel label and 1/4 of the way through a Toilet duck label i dont hold much hope for.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top