Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no Eilan!! :( What's happened?
Woke up at 5:30 this morning feeling like I had a bladder infection coming on. An hour later I had horrible back pain. Spent the morning in the ER getting a CT scan, IV fluids, and painkillers. Fortunately, I passed the stone as soon as I got home.

Other than being a little sleep-deprived, I feel fine. But I had a pretty rough three or four hours this morning. :)
 
Just got back from the ER. Kidney stones can suck it! :mad:

My dad NEVER used to swear in front of me and my siblings when we were kids....... until he had kidney stones. When the attacks came, he could have made sailors blush....

They are one of my biggest fears in life.
 
Eeek! That doesn't sound great at all. Thank god it passed though!
Looks like I'll have to give up my Diet Coke, though. I go through phases where I'll drink nothing but water for a month or two, and then I'll fall off the wagon and raid my husband's Diet Coke.

I should probably start drinking sparkling water or something. I think it's the bubbly texture of the Diet Coke that I crave. I know it's bad for me. . . :eek:
 
Wow, Eilan, glad you're feeling better. And, NM, pretty sure she appreciates puns, intended or accidental. :)
:D
My dad NEVER used to swear in front of me and my siblings when we were kids....... until he had kidney stones. When the attacks came, he could have made sailors blush....

They are one of my biggest fears in life.
I always heard that kidney stone pain was worse than childbirth. Passing the stone was pretty anticlimactic, but the back pain was awful. At least labor contractions come and go.

My husband was getting pretty pissy because we were at the hospital for about 90 minutes before I got anything for pain.
 
Watching my kids trying to cope with their first real lesson in mortality is breaking my heart. :(
 
bail: sorry to hear that. :<

j: if your time on lit has taught you nothing at all, it should have taught you that making something bigger is always preferable to the alternative. :D

ed
 
The laugh police, they live inside of my head.
The laugh police, they come to me in my bed.
The laugh police, they're coming to arrest me, oh no.

ok - cheap shot :)
 
That had me confused as hell - preceding advert, delivered based on my location, was Neil Finn and Paul Kelly singing - but there was this other rather well known but very different band titled underneath...

I read this ^^^ and instantly thought of this:

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top