Best. Line. Ever.

"There were some mistakes that 'Oops' just didn't cover."

Wolf Who Rules by Wen Spencer
 
"I may not be much, Mr. Finch, but I’m still sheriff of Maycomb County and Bob Ewell fell on his knife. Good night, sir."
 
"Pastāvēs kas pārvērtīsies."

Rainis, Uguns un Nakts (The Fire and the Night)

From Latvian, approximately:
"[That] will last what will be changing,"
or
"[Only] what can transform may exist [continuously]."


For unnecessary context...
...told by a "reformed" witch while seducing the main hero national freedom fighter... known to ultimately fail (for now at least, where "now" lasted seven centuries before what is perceived as eventual victory), but before that he effectively ends up in love with two very opposite women (his original, gods given bride Laimdota [Happiness-/Luck-given/giving] and this witch Spīdola [Shining-one] who while initially fight against the hero bribed by the enemy, ultimately carry on the proverbial flag after his death while the first just cry and hope on his resurrection. But that's of course a symbolic drama, much more philosophical not psychological.
 
Last edited:
Sorry if I miss by a word or two, at this moment I can't track down the original:

"We do the things onstage that are supposed to happen off. Which is a kind of integrity, if you look at every exit as an entrance somewhere else."

--Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead, Tom Stoppard
 
"It was the day my grandmother exploded." - Iain Banks, "The Crow Road".

"Judgment is simply trying to reject
A part of what we are because it hurts
The living cannot call the dead collect:
They won't accept the charge, and it reverts"

- James McAuley, "Because", from "Collected Poems".
 
The Rescuers Down Under

My mental facilities are twice what yours are, you pea brain!
 
Many is a word that only leaves you guessing, guessing about a thing you really ought to know.

Robert Plant
 
"The hair... They say the hair is everything you know. Have you ever buried your nose in a mountain of curls... just wanted to go to sleep forever?"

Lt. Col. Frank Slade (Al Pacino) in Scent of a Woman
 
All happy incestuous families are alike, but every unhappy incestuous family is unhappy in its own way.

Leo Tolstoy, if he were a Literotica author
 
"That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the fuck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence." - Mia Wallace (Uma Thurman, Pulp Fiction)
 
More than a line (but what did you expect from me?):

Graham Greene, After the Affair, 1951.

"She had a lot to learn, in the way of books and music and how to dress and talk, but she would never have to learn humanity. She came down with me into the crowded tube and we strap-hung side by side. Feeling her against me I was reminded of desire. Would that always be the case now? Not desire, only the reminder of it. She turned to make way at Goodge Street for a newcomer, and I was aware of her thigh against my leg as one is aware of something that happened a long time ago.
 
Last edited:
More than a line (but what dud you expect from me?):

Graham Greene, After the Affair, 1951.

"She had a lot to learn, in the way of books and music and how to dress and talk, but she would never have to learn humanity. She came down with me into the crowded tube and we strap-hung side by side. Feeling her against me I was reminded of desire. Would that always be the case now? Not desire, only the reminder of it. She turned to make way at Goodge Street for a newcomer, and I was aware of her thigh against my leg as one is aware of something that happened a long time ago.

For that gem, you are forgiven. :heart:
 
"South Richmond was settled by a race of thin, bony-faced psychopaths. They would sell you anything they had, which was nothing, and kill you over anything they didn't understand, which was everything."
Even Cowgirls Get The Blues - Tom Robbins
 
"I want to taste you again, like a secret or sin."

No clue who wrote or said it, but fuck me I like it.
 
"I saw a girl standing on it, completely submerged in the pool of autumn twilight. She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.” - JD Salinger, A Girl I Knew

“I suspect the truth is that we are waiting, all of us, against insurmountable odds, for something extraordinary to happen to us.” - Khaled Hosseini, And the Mountains Echoed

“I'm so afraid. Because I'm so profoundly happy. Happiness like this is frightening...They only let you this happy if they're preparing to take something from you.”- Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner (what can I say? I'm a fan.)

“Babes, I am so bored here that I don't think, since I've come, I've ever been more than three minutes away from some really astonishing act of violence.”- Samuel R. Delany, Dhalgren
 
"I want to taste you again, like a secret or sin."

No clue who wrote or said it, but fuck me I like it.
^^^
Lyrics from “Only You” by M. P. Jones



“Thus it was not rare to find, on the Sunday, the tallboy on its feet by the fire, and the dressing table on its head by the bed, and the night-stool on its face by the door, and the washand-stand on its back by the window; and, on the Monday, the tallboy on its back by the bed, and the dressing table on its face by the door, and the night-stool on its back by the window and the washand-stand on its feet by the fire; and on the Tuesday…“.
Samuel Beckett’s “Watt”
 
From the sky a swift Angel descends, an Angel with a golden helmet and green spurs, a flaming sword in his hand, an Angel escaped from the Indo-Hispanic altars of opulent hunger, from need overcome by sleep, from the coupling of opposites: body and soul, wakefulness and death, living and sleeping, remembering and desiring, imagining: the happy boy who reaches the sad land carries all this on his lips, he bears the memory of death, white and extinguished, like the flame that went out in his mother’s belly: for a swift, marvelous instant, the boy being born knows that this light of memory, wisdom, and death was an Angel and that this other Angel who flies from the navel of heaven with the sword in his hand is the fraternal enemy of the first: he is the Baroque Angel, with a sword in his hand and quetzal wings, and a serpent doublet, and a golden helmet, the Angel strikes, strikes the lips of the boy being born on the beach: the burning and painful sword strikes his lips and the boy forgets, he forgets everything forgets everything,
f
o
r
g
e
t
s
.

–Carlos Fuentes, Christopher Unborn (1987; trans. Alfred MacAdam and Carlos Fuentes)
 
From Star Wars

uw4i8xt.jpg


Yes+but+werent+the+rounds+encased+in+paper+containing+one+_1e524139c04c993db8b595b971af1329.jpg
 
Back
Top