Step-brother or half-brother?

One of my fave factoids: in many human cultures, 50-75% of marriages are first cousins or avuncular (uncle-niece or more rarely aunt-nephew) -- not just permitted, but expected. Cousin marriages were recently common in the Anglophone world. My partner's parents were cousins, and not even from Arkansas! Writing stories with cousin-fucking as "illicit sex" is difficult. I always throw in a sister or mother.

Half-relatives, step-kin, and in-laws are quite different and are so treated in many jurisdictions re: nepotism, inheritance, and fucking. None of this is simple IRL. But here in LIT fantasyland it's straightforward: incest is close blood.

One of my fave factoids: in many human cultures, 50-75% of marriages are first cousins or avuncular (uncle-niece or more rarely aunt-nephew) -- not just permitted, but expected.......

And IRL its the cause of a lot of genetic health issues. The pakistani community in the UK is s big practitioner of first cousin marriage and the articles I've read indicate its a major healthcare cost.You see it here in some immigrant communities as well. Not just in Arkansas. LOL.

Then you are not a LIT Incest-Taboo enthusiast. Readers here want closely-shared-DNA sex. LIT fantasyland does not mirror the IRL world. If they ain't blood kin then it ain't no sin. But don't believe me -- submit some stories and note the reactions.

Last summer I submitted an 'Anal' story in which a guy bangs his fiancée's mother. (https://www.literotica.com/s/how-did-this-happen-10) Laurel put the story into the I/T category, because at the end of it the guy marries his fiancée and continues to have sex with his mother-in-law. I submitted a request to have the story moved to 'Anal'--that was the target audience, after all--and was basically told "nope."

No big deal, but that remains my lowest-rated story. Commenters told me outright they would "down-vote your story every day until you move it to Anal." Incest fans are not big on the "step" and "in-law" relationships.

Childhood fantasy

When I was in my early teens my parents kept me away from boys. I often wished I had a brother so that I would have access to a boy. If I had a brother that was being raised by grandparents for some reason and he was now coming to live with us I would have been very excited. So, I think a story with a full brother that has been estranged from his sister would be hot. I think incest is pretty common and very natural. It is also a concept that evokes sexual tension.

And IRL its the cause of a lot of genetic health issues. The pakistani community in the UK is s big practitioner of first cousin marriage and the articles I've read indicate its a major healthcare cost.You see it here in some immigrant communities as well. Not just in Arkansas. LOL.

Isn't that in large part due to multiple generations of cousin marriage? I believe the incidence of problems for a one-time pairing are considerably lower.

Though if you do DNA genealogy, this sort of thing has a noticeable affect - my maternal grandfather's parents were 2nd cousins twice over (that great grandfather's parents were 1st cousins to each other AND to my great-grandmother's father). DNA matches with more distant cousins on that family line share 2-4 times as much DNA as they would otherwise.

But it's when you have people marrying cousins, even distant cousins, for centuries that the bad recessives really start accumulating.

Last edited:
Nobody has mentioned Aunts and Uncles. I've done quite well with both in I/T.
Clearly Father Daughter and Mother Son are what the readers in the catagory prefer, but there's room for extended family.
I've only written siblings once, and I found it difficult, probably because both my sisters are rude and unattractive.
When someone requested I write a story about a brother and sister who hated each other having sex, that seemed pretty natural to me. It got good reviews.

Nobody has mentioned Aunts and Uncles. I've done quite well with both in I/T.
Clearly Father Daughter and Mother Son are what the readers in the catagory prefer, but there's room for extended family.
I've only written siblings once, and I found it difficult, probably because both my sisters are rude and unattractive.
When someone requested I write a story about a brother and sister who hated each other having sex, that seemed pretty natural to me. It got good reviews.
I did an analysis of almost two months of I/T stories here. What I found is:
Mother-son stories have the highest averages for views, favorites, rating and comments. Brother-sister stories are published at the same rate as mother-son. Father-daughter stories are less common the above two types of incest stories and don't do as well. Uncle-niece is less common and while they do comparable to brother-sister for rating and get about as many views as father-daughter, they get less favorites and comments than the types already mentioned.

I did an analysis of almost two months of I/T stories here. What I found is:
Mother-son stories have the highest averages for views, favorites, rating and comments. Brother-sister stories are published at the same rate as mother-son. Father-daughter stories are less common the above two types of incest stories and don't do as well. Uncle-niece is less common and while they do comparable to brother-sister for rating and get about as many views as father-daughter, they get less favorites and comments than the types already mentioned.

I've noticed that father-daughter stories are somewhat less common, but on occasion they can be extremely successful. An example is The Anonymous and the Curious by DiscreetnFun, published in January 2017. It has over 800,000 views, and with 1398 favorites already is well up the all time most favorited story list. It also has a 4.84 score, which is really high for incest stories. The funny thing is -- it's the only story this author has written! He's a one-hit wonder.

I've noticed that father-daughter stories are somewhat less common, but on occasion they can be extremely successful. An example is The Anonymous and the Curious by DiscreetnFun, published in January 2017. It has over 800,000 views, and with 1398 favorites already is well up the all time most favorited story list. It also has a 4.84 score, which is really high for incest stories. The funny thing is -- it's the only story this author has written! He's a one-hit wonder.

Kind of an aside, but I just came across this story a few months ago and I hated it. I wonder why it's such a hit. I totally agree with the most recent comment on that story -- very difficult to get past the first paragraph.

The biggest problem I have with incest stories is there needs to be some inciting reason to cross the line.

I did one series and it used the Horny Virus trope, which worked well (i think) since it was set in quarantine, meaning brother and sister were cooped up together while infected.

It's not enough to have an attractive sibling. I really despise the 'snotty hot older sister always flaunting/teasing her sexiness to get what she wants out of horny little brother resulting in revenge sex' trope. Really, really strains credibility.

I think it also requires excessive suspension of belief to say siblings are simply in love with each other for no reason except they're just awesome, attractive people.

That said, I like incest lol. The whole sluttiness overriding forbidden taboo is hot. As it's already been said, step relations achieve that, but the taboo is not as strong, and therefore the eventual consummation loses some impact.

Other random opinions -- uncle/niece is squicky, hits too close to real life situations.

Generally any older male, younger female incest is too squickly/close to real life pervy unless the girl is the instigating party because she's a total slut.

Mom/son seems very unnatural and unlikely, but again, l think it's hotter if Mom has some legitimate reason, rather than horny teen son pursuing any female with a pulse.

Slblings -- thumbs up from me! Just give them a good reason! Please!!!

The biggest problem I have with incest stories is there needs to be some inciting reason to cross the line.

I did one series and it used the Horny Virus trope, which worked well (i think) since it was set in quarantine, meaning brother and sister were cooped up together while infected.

It's not enough to have an attractive sibling. I really despise the 'snotty hot older sister always flaunting/teasing her sexiness to get what she wants out of horny little brother resulting in revenge sex' trope. Really, really strains credibility.

I think it also requires excessive suspension of belief to say siblings are simply in love with each other for no reason except they're just awesome, attractive people.
You left out the best reason ever. The sister/mom/aunt/daughter catches the brother/son/uncle/father jerking off and says, "Your dick is so big! Fuck me now."

Mom/son seems very unnatural and unlikely
I've been asked many times to write a mom/son story and I can't think of a plausible one. I hate the "All my friends at school think you're hot" meme. All your friends at school think girls at school are hot.

Slblings -- thumbs up from me! Just give them a good reason! Please!!!
Give my stories a whirl.

Last edited:
As I've found out from writing Incest/Taboo stories this year, many of the readers in this category don't seem to appreciate stories in which the characters are not biologically related.

I wrote a lesbian story between two very different stepsisters who squabble all the time. They didn't like it. I wrote a voyeuristic story involving foster siblings because I had never seen such a story. They didn't like it either. More recently, I wrote a fantasy series where a nerdy brother swaps bodies with his bitchy sister's jock boyfriend with amusing and incestuous results. Did they like it? They absolutely hated it.

You left out the best reason ever. The sister/mom/aunt/daughter catches the brother/son/uncle/father jerking off and says, "You're so big! Fuck me now."

Ooh... HATE :mad:

I've been asked many times to write a mom/son story and I can't think of a plausible one. I hate the "All my friends at school think you're hot" meme. All your friends at school think girls at school are hot.

I often wonder about this. I see on IG and FB some very young mothers who have surprisingly older kids and they do NOT dress like moms. It seems plausible that the kids' friends would find milfy hot. I wonder too how the kid feels about slutty mom. It seems an awfully big jump though as you say. I imagine the kid just ends up with an oedipus complex.

I guess if I think of the inverse, I have always thought of my daddy as very handsome, but sexy? Ick. I'm not sure how comparable it is, since it's hard for a man to dress/look/act slutty, and like I said... some of these moms on my feed :eek:

Give my stories a whirl.

I will! :)

When I was in my early teens my parents kept me away from boys. I often wished I had a brother so that I would have access to a boy. If I had a brother that was being raised by grandparents for some reason and he was now coming to live with us I would have been very excited. So, I think a story with a full brother that has been estranged from his sister would be hot. I think incest is pretty common and very natural. It is also a concept that evokes sexual tension.

Sexual tension? is that like socially suppressed sex drive?

I've been asked many times to write a mom/son story and I can't think of a plausible one.
I've done some strokers with a bit of hand-waving so it "just happened". But more seriously, I used a (to me) believable trigger of parent-offspring incest in the two A TASTE OF TURKEY tales, Dad+Daughter and Mom+Son. They MUST crawl naked into a sleeping bag, to avoid hypothermia. Elsewhere, midway through my 18-part Stanley Steamer series, a competitive swimmer gives herself to her grown kids as a sex toy to atone for neglecting them when children. Believe it or don't -- it beats the saw-em-naked trope.

Back