What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no bigger pussies on Lit than you two ingrown pricks.:rolleyes::D

Wait...are you calling BusyBody a prick, now?

Because that's who I was referring to, you know. Your racist shitstain thunder buddy.

Look before you leap-to-quote somebody, Magoo.

cmt-medium.gif

UH OH: And It’s Biden in the Fiscal Cliff Home Stretch. My own suspicion is that Obama expects the economy to tank in 2013 and wants to hit the cliff so he can blame the Republicans. Which is silly, but the press will go along as usual so it’ll probably work. Putting Biden in charge certainly doesn’t indicate a desire for success.

UH OH: And It’s Biden in the Fiscal Cliff Home Stretch. My own suspicion is that Obama expects the economy to tank in 2013 and wants to hit the cliff so he can blame the Republicans. Which is silly, but the press will go along as usual so it’ll probably work. Putting Biden in charge certainly doesn’t indicate a desire for success.

Is your name Glen Reynolds?

December 30, 2012

Posted by Glenn Reynolds at 9:33 pm

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/160638/

don't be a schmuck

I have said all along

I take from everywhere

THE POINT IS THE POINT

That you would go and actually LOOK to see where its from, rather then discuss the content, is NOT worthy of you

its worthy of a DUMB DAILY or a RORY or a NIGGER UD

Stop SCHMUCKIFYING yourself

K?:mad:

THX:cattail:

don't be a schmuck

I have said all along

I take from everywhere

THE POINT IS THE POINT

That you would go and actually LOOK to see where its from, rather then discuss the content, is NOT worthy of you

its worthy of a DUMB DAILY or a RORY or a NIGGER UD

Stop SCHMUCKIFYING yourself

K?:mad:

THX:cattail:

Use citations instead of thought-stealing.

You want to discuss Glen's thoughts? Fine, Obama put Biden in charge because it's not an appropriate time for him to fully engage in a non-economic issue.

Yawn.
:rolleyes:

Use citations instead of thought-stealing.

You want to discuss Glen's thoughts? Fine, Obama put Biden in charge because it's not an appropriate time for him to fully engage in a non-economic issue.

I wont use citations.......for a variety of reasons*, its usually not needed.......

ByeDumb is a joke, an embarrassment......were he NOT a D, he would have been MARGINILIZED when he made the RACIST comments he did in 08, were he an R, he would be seen for what he he is, mentally unstable and a mental midget.....

That Obama doesn't engage in a vital issue at the 11th hr says many things about him, non of which are good, unless one is a D or a member of the Press, then its all good

*some of your elk then to deride all sources regardless of facts or truth behind em.......even YOU, in your 2nd post to me, called Wash Times a RAG, and have yet to answer MY first question to you!

So if you really need citations, IGGY ME......like all the cowards and losers on LIT......but you wont, cause YOU will lose too much if you do

Hammer

Hits

Nail

on

Head

P.J. O’ROURKE: Dear Mr. President, Zero-Sum Doesn’t Add Up.

The worst thing that you’ve done internationally is what you’ve done domestically. You sent a message to America in your re-election campaign. Therefore you sent a message to the world. The message is that we live in a zero-sum universe.

There is a fixed amount of good things. Life is a pizza. If some people have too many slices, other people have to eat the pizza box. You had no answer to Mitt Romney’s argument for more pizza parlors baking more pizzas. The solution to our problems, you said, is redistribution of the pizzas we’ve got—with low-cost, government-subsidized pepperoni somehow materializing as the result of higher taxes on pizza-parlor owners.

In this zero-sum universe there is only so much happiness. The idea is that if we wipe the smile off the faces of people with prosperous businesses and successful careers, that will make the rest of us grin.

There is only so much money. The people who have money are hogging it. The way for the rest of us to get money is to turn the hogs into bacon.

Mr. President, your entire campaign platform was redistribution. Take from the rich and give to the . . . Well, actually, you didn’t mention the poor. What you talked and talked about was the middle class, something most well-off Americans consider themselves to be members of. So your plan is to take from the more rich and the more or less rich and give to the less rich, more or less. It is as if Robin Hood stole treasure from the Sheriff of Nottingham and bestowed it on the Deputy Sheriff.

But never mind. The evil of zero-sum thinking and redistributive politics has nothing to do with which things are taken or to whom those things are given or what the sum of zero things is supposed to be. The evil lies in denying people the right, the means, and, indeed, the duty to make more things.

Read the whole thing. Just remember: In a zero-sum society, the redistributors are a lot more important. . .

the above was for CURRY

who responded to my idea that retirement age be pushed from 62 to 67

he said, that would leave less employment for younger people

he also believes there are but X number of jobs

my response to him was

A RISING ECONOMY CURES ALL ILLS

Only ObamaCo and his ECHO LYTES believe there are just X number of JOBS or X number of pizzas for all

the above was for CURRY

who responded to my idea that retirement age be pushed from 62 to 67

he said, that would leave less employment for younger people

he also believes there are but X number of jobs

my response to him was

A RISING ECONOMY CURES ALL ILLS

Only ObamaCo and his ECHO LYTES believe there are just X number of JOBS or X number of pizzas for all

It's zero-sum or not depending on economic conditions. If employers are profitable and meeting consumer demand as they are now then they will not increase payrolls much. If you add millions more folks looking for work when employers are not willing to expand payrolls at that rate then unemployment will significantly increase.

, Obama put Biden in charge because it's not an appropriate time for him to fully engage in a non-economic issue.

It is absurd to say the FISCAL CLIFF is not an economic issue

It is further absurd to say what you said, cause if Romney were Pres, and he would have handed off the issue to Ryan, you and yours would have bleated like stuck pigs, we all KNOW that....

In fact, 3 or 4 weeks ago, WAPO had a piece where they BASHED ROMNEY FOR NOT BEING INVOLVED IN FISCAL CLIFF TALKS

Sometimes CURRY, its ok to say

"MY SIDES SHIT STINKS!":)

It's zero-sum or not depending on economic conditions. If employers are profitable and meeting consumer demand as they are now then they will not increase payrolls much. If you add millions more folks looking for work when employers are not willing to expand payrolls at that rate then unemployment will significantly increase.

Don't quote the idiot please.

BS!:cool:

I was referring to the Biden gun thing.

OK

However, clearly the quote didn't refer to that

But, THX FOR STANDING UP AND RESPONDING

You are getting better

And since I recognize that, I have NOT called you, YOU KNOW WHAT:)

THAT is exactly MY point......INCREASE the economic activity and INCREASE demand......employers will always want MORE PROFIT and will add peeps

YOU RESPONSE IS BASED ON DUMOH "THINKING"

That is why during the campaign, Rubio and others said

We don't NEED higher TAXES

We need MORE TAXPAYERS

By increasing economic activity, you have MORE TAXPAYERS and more TAXES COLLECTED

DUMZ=There are only X number of pies of one size......

REPOZ=There are infinite number of pies and the size can always be increased and other stuff as well

Essentially that is the difference

NOW THERE’S A SURPRISE: Obama lists those to blame for the fiscal cliff and he’s not one of them. “The Democrat also didn’t have time, apparently, to mention that the distasteful automatic budget cuts called sequestration were the idea of his White House.”

DUMZ=There are only X number of pies of one size......

REPOZ=There are infinite number of pies and the size can always be increased and other stuff as well

Essentially that is the difference

Reality is that the rich-poor gap in America is staggering and getting worse every year. That's because the rich have more of the pie than ever before and since they control most of the economy they control how much of the pie the middle class and poor have access to. Therefore is doesn't matter if the REPOZ view is right or not. Their pie is infinite but for 98% of America it's really not.

That is why during the campaign, Rubio and others said

We don't NEED higher TAXES

We need MORE TAXPAYERS

By increasing economic activity, you have MORE TAXPAYERS and more TAXES COLLECTED

Then why not set tax rates to .01%?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back