The Mysterious Glow

Artina Heartflash

I was cleaning out my "subscribed threads" file this morning
and found this old thread initiated by a member named "Glow".

Seems he put the threads on general board and in sexual role play forums, when they would have been better off in the poetry forums.

The thread is old but I am drawing attention to his efforts in this thread, for sake of discussion. I don't know what style of poetry this is, but I have not read anything like it in a decade here, and still find it fascinating; Free of punctuation and line breaks, but full of imagery and rhyme.

Here's the link, updated since it was moved from SRP to poetry feedback:
http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?p=42367700#post42367700

I thought the opening post was a challenge to follow suit... and a handful of folks tried. Then Glow disappeared. I don't know if he/she/it is still at Lit, under another name.

Last edited:
stream of consciousness as first evidenced to me at least in the whirl of molly bloom's nighttime soliloquy on life and sex and cherubim and birth and death and andalusian roses answering yes yes yes to all and falling forever into a day in june that recurs whirling like thoughts and bicycle wheels and the spinning of kites and magpies so high and so low in circles of recursive history and sleepand wakefulness and sleep again as if in some third graders essay of what he she did that summer in discovering the world and others not to mention the truths and falsehoods the surprises and the expected disappointments in the wind and surf and sun god how it rained then before the winds came and blew her so far from shore so far from me floating her aloft in her diaphanous sari

Oh! Hi Artina! Long time, no read, but, mirabile dictu! I was cleaning my desk not 5 minutes ago and came across a paper copy of an email you had sent so long ago and thinking how I should have exchanged more words with you even then and then I log on to find you glowing here on lit...Where nextwill you appear, if the threetimes rule still holds???

I don't know what style of poetry this is, but I have not read anything like it in a decade here, and still find it fascinating; Free of punctuation and line breaks, but full of imagery and rhyme.
Authours
I think that is known as Authour's poetry
Which is different from Auteur
Auteurs use breaks
not to be confused with
Automotive
which use brakes

see the difference
see the Différance

or in layman's terms

To deconstruct the opposition, first of all, is to overturn the hierarchy at a given moment (Positions p.41)

"In a classical philosophical opposition we are not dealing with the peaceful coexistence of a vis-à-vis, but rather with a violent hierarchy. One of the two terms governs the other (axiologically, logically, etc.), or has the upper hand" (Positions, p.41)

he infinite task is then to show how every speech always dramatize this oppositions,
establishing an arbitrary center and an hierarchic relation
(body-soul, existing-being, passivity-activity, sensible-intelligible, receptivity-spontaneity,
heteronomy-autonomy, empirical-transcendental, immanent-transcendent, local-global, femininity-masculinity, animal-Man, beast-sovereign, etc.) (Positions p.42)

shall we discuss Positions?
raises eyebrows and flicks cigar

sorry artina, bronze and I have had a coup d'état, poetry has been dethroned comedy is king

what good is a muse that isn't amusing?

stream of consciousness as first evidenced to me at least in the whirl of molly bloom's nighttime soliloquy on life and sex and cherubim and birth and death and andalusian roses answering yes yes yes to all and falling forever into a day in june that recurs whirling like thoughts and bicycle wheels and the spinning of kites and magpies so high and so low in circles of recursive history and sleepand wakefulness and sleep again as if in some third graders essay of what he she did that summer in discovering the world and others not to mention the truths and falsehoods the surprises and the expected disappointments in the wind and surf and sun god how it rained then before the winds came and blew her so far from shore so far from me floating her aloft in her diaphanous sari

Oh! Hi Artina! Long time, no read, but, mirabile dictu! I was cleaning my desk not 5 minutes ago and came across a paper copy of an email you had sent so long ago and thinking how I should have exchanged more words with you even then and then I log on to find you glowing here on lit...Where nextwill you appear, if the threetimes rule still holds???

where is the link for the ugg boots?

stream of consciousness
as first evidenced to me
at least in the whirl
of molly bloom's nighttime
soliloquy on life and sex
and cherubim and birth and death
and andalusian roses answering yes yes yes to all

that jazz,
see this is poetry, random line breaks
that's how op can tell poetry from spam

where is the link for the ugg boots?

stream of consciousness
as first evidenced to me
at least in the whirl
of molly bloom's nighttime
soliloquy on life and sex
and cherubim and birth and death
and andalusian roses answering yes yes yes to all

that jazz,
see this is poetry, random line breaks
that's how op can tell poetry from spam

Where's the spam and eggs?

nice purses here
prettier than louis
vuitton and just as
chic
in leather faux
and coloured
for half your same hard
cash

Can pop tell poetry from spam interegationally

no line breaks leaves readers to scan irregular feet in fuller postmodern mode in throes of their own tropes authors fragmentation oppressevily dictates intent on unsuspecting victims of othersauthors meanings

Go get 'em Tio.
Throe me to the wind.
I'll come back as volcanic ash
Shook from wings unpinned.

:kiss:

no line breaks leaves readers to scan irregular feet in fuller postmodern mode in throes of their own tropes authors fragmentation oppressevily dictates intent on unsuspecting victims of othersauthors meanings
too
deep
for
me,
also hurts
my eyes

Go get 'em Tio.
Throe me to the wind.
I'll come back as volcanic ash
Shook from wings unpinned.

:kiss:

:rose:

Prayer to St. Helen of Popocatepetl

ashes to ashes in
ashrams trisyllabic monotone
aum unpinned and unpining
streams windward on wings
of downy steel leaves sensitive
magnolia magnanimous offerings
folded in origamic
flutterings
orgasmically unfolded in
zephyric whirlwinds

shanti :kiss:

too
deep
for
me,
also hurts
my eyes

profound or profun'd, I see it's not for eyes to feel; the saltsea doubles the atmosphere at merely fifteen feet. f u cnt stnd th prssre, gt ot f th kitsch in.

adozenodother...

Last edited:
profound or profun'd, I see it's not for eyes to feel; the saltsea doubles the atmosphere at merely fifteen feet. f u cnt stnd th prssre, gt ot f th kitsch in.

adozenodother...

I know that's "If You can't stand the pressure, get out of the kitchen." But my brain is snatching at something much hotter on the burner.... "F U CUNT..."?! Oh, Must find the Tango butter before ....

Too late....I'm on the floorrrrr....

lol

Authours
I think that is known as Authour's poetry
Which is different from Auteur
Auteurs use breaks
not to be confused with
Automotive
which use brakes

see the difference
see the Différance

or in layman's terms

To deconstruct the opposition, first of all, is to overturn the hierarchy at a given moment (Positions p.41)

"In a classical philosophical opposition we are not dealing with the peaceful coexistence of a vis-à-vis, but rather with a violent hierarchy. One of the two terms governs the other (axiologically, logically, etc.), or has the upper hand" (Positions, p.41)

he infinite task is then to show how every speech always dramatize this oppositions,
establishing an arbitrary center and an hierarchic relation
(body-soul, existing-being, passivity-activity, sensible-intelligible, receptivity-spontaneity,
heteronomy-autonomy, empirical-transcendental, immanent-transcendent, local-global, femininity-masculinity, animal-Man, beast-sovereign, etc.) (Positions p.42)

sorry artina, bronze and I have had a coup d'état, poetry has been dethroned comedy is king

what good is a muse that isn't amusing?

Thanks for the label.
I don't understand much of the layman's jazz that followed.
Positions? You positioned yourself as one of three topmost commentators recently. Yet you gave no comment on any of the whirl of words displayed at the link in first post here.
I am waiting and wondering...

I was thinking of Brando
but I should check out more of Tom Waits. Voice like scintillating smoke.

'cuse me. My ass was showing
Butt the ash was glowing.
Wing low, sweet charlatan,
Cummin' forte carry me hum.

just like a woman...thinking of a movie star while...

I looked over Jordan and what did I see
comin' on to lure me back home
She was stark naked 'tween her waist and her knee.
comin' on to lure me back home...

Note: original thread moved to poetry boards. See new link edited in first post on this thread.

Thanks for the label.
I don't understand much of the layman's jazz that followed.
Positions? You positioned yourself as one of three topmost commentators recently. Yet you gave no comment on any of the whirl of words displayed at the link in first post here.
I am waiting and wondering...
that's exactly just what it is
whirl of words
sometimes amusing
sometimes not

as for labels
you can peel 'em off of beer bottles

did you two get bored over in srp?
and decide to doodle some poetry?

1201 appears in a Glowing whirl of words...miraculously intact from, one assumes, the evils of Sandy. Welcome back!

that's exactly just what it is
whirl of words
sometimes amusing
sometimes not

as for labels
you can peel 'em off of beer bottles

did you two get bored over in srp?
and decide to doodle some poetry?

I don't drink alcohol at all
But I know sometimes I think too much
when I would rather just feel.

I have never been in the SRP roles
only RP
and that in The Asylum.

(Yes, I see your rhyme. :) )

1201 appears in a Glowing whirl of words...miraculously intact from, one assumes, the evils of Sandy. Welcome back!
Sandy brought communicable diseases, i'll try not to cough in your direction. So it is more of a spitting and hacking swirl of words. Come to think of it, nothing changed much.

I don't drink alcohol at all
But I know sometimes I think too much
when I would rather just feel.

I have never been in the SRP roles
only RP
and that in The Asylum.

(Yes, I see your rhyme. :) )
maybe we should start

wasn't that a beer commercial anyway?

Less Thinking !

More Feeling!

now, i'm not advocating the sluts in the bar slurred speecch, help me maake through the...you remind me...i luv that coountry song...crappp!

although a bit of blurred vision does do wonders for my looks

and a drink or two helps me write songs...

well i stuffed my fat ass in my blue jeans disclaimer: my ass is not fat.
and i waddled over to my pick up truck disclaimer: i don't own a truck

and it goes on and on... 'till the hero picks up a little lady (did you ever notice, they are all little ladies in C&W songs; must have a thing for circus folk)

And then when I sobered up
I realized just how much I fucked up
that the little lady I done picked up
Was my wife
Now i'm sittin' here wonder'n
Who'd she think I was?

...or who'd she feel you were,
or were you thinking who she wasn't?

Fuck Cartesian dualism; Aristotelian as well.
All as bad as Platonic Idealism...

Since when is thinking not feeling?
What do you feel without awareness of the feeling?
There are six senses:
sight, smell, sound,
taste, touch, thought.
Our stories, our poems,
are felt through our thought,
and written through the feeling of them.
I think I'll go feel some lyrics
for a Bumblybee...

and thanks, a dozen o d other, for the words to sense; nothing like the apposition of my fat ass and another's pickup truck to inspire...

Back