YIKES! Midwest Snow Storm (yes really this time!)

3113

Hello Summer!
Joined
Nov 1, 2005
Posts
13,823
From here:
The snowstorm was expected to be the most far-reaching of the season to date, stretching from Nebraska to Maine, according to the National Weather Service. Forecasters also said the storm was moving unusually slowly, meaning accumulations of between 10 to 14 inches of snow are possible for parts of northern Illinois, Indiana and northwest Ohio. Similar amounts of snow are expected for the Northeast later Sunday and throughout Monday.

"It's not wise to travel, unless you have an emergency," said David Beachler a National Weather Service meteorologist in Chicago.
I know the New York storm was a bust, but this one will make up for it. Bundle up, Midwesterners! Stoke up the wood fires and stock up on the hot chocolate...and sex toys.

2e9f1b5d3990476134340b53cec10c81.jpg


We are so ready this time!
 
Calling for only 3-5" here in RI

But they are talking more for Thursday...this storm broke the damn seal.
 
From here:

I know the New York storm was a bust, but this one will make up for it. Bundle up, Midwesterners! Stoke up the wood fires and stock up on the hot chocolate...and sex toys.


We are so ready this time!

Gives a whole new meaning to 'riding out the storm'.
 
Day before yesterday, they were calling for 6-9 or 8-12 inches, followed by high winds blowing it everywhere into a nightmare.

We may have 2 inches, and there's next to no wind.
 
Just checked, and now they've changed the forecast from overnight last night to 3-6 inches today/tonight, and then that nasty, scary wind.

Considering the snow we've already picked up is melting faster than what's coming ( straight ) down can accumulate, I think I'll refrain from panicking.
 
This must be global warming!

Should I feed the troll?

Global warming does not mean that cold weather goes away. It means the hydrosphere has more energy and thus more energetic weather -- higher highs, bigger storms, nastier blizzards, etc. Yes, higher highs -- the planet is seeing in the hottest years on record. Yes, it IS global warming. But there should still be a market for fur-lined jockstraps.

Storms? Here, we have a slight chance of a little rain in a week. Hand me my parasol.
 
Last edited:
Considering the snow we've already picked up is melting faster than what's coming ( straight ) down can accumulate, I think I'll refrain from panicking.
Well, poo! Another bust. All my warnings and hysterics have come to naught. :eek:
 
I counted four tiny flakes when I took the trash out last night. Would like it to stay that way.
 
Back
Top