The Crap We Watch

I am a fan of NCIS.
One of my favourite episodes (from S2, I believe) concerns a CMoH holder confessing to a murder. Cpl Jost (Yost?), which Gibbs is not convinced about.
I don't know who played the part of Cpl Jost, but he deserves to be lauded; his portrayal of a wounded old Marine is a real gem.

Can someone tell me whether the gorgeous Ziva is coming back ?

I am a fan of NCIS.
One of my favourite episodes (from S2, I believe) concerns a CMoH holder confessing to a murder. Cpl Jost (Yost?), which Gibbs is not convinced about.
I don't know who played the part of Cpl Jost, but he deserves to be lauded; his portrayal of a wounded old Marine is a real gem.

There are some pretty obvious hints that Ziva will return, maybe for a guest spot, in one of the upcoming Season 13 episodes, although I don't know when Season 13 kicks off here in the UK; she did say that she didn't like the way she was suddenly written out, and if the timing was right, she'd definitely do a guest spot. Fan websites are buzzing but Gary Glasberg is being coy about who's going to be making surprise appearances.

PS
Ernie Yost was played by Charles Durning

I am a fan of NCIS.

There are some pretty obvious hints that Ziva will return, maybe for a guest spot, in one of the upcoming Season 13 episodes, although I don't know when Season 13 kicks off here in the UK; she did say that she didn't like the way she was suddenly written out, and if the timing was right, she'd definitely do a guest spot. Fan websites are buzzing but Gary Glasberg is being coy about who's going to be making surprise appearances.

PS
Ernie Yost was played by Charles Durning

Ziva wasn't just written out. She announced her leaving the series at the end of the previous year. Everything they did in the first two episodes had her okay.

Season 13 has already kicked off here in the states...so far no Ziva nor any mention of her. And they are eight episodes in, the ninth will be broadcast this Tue. Now Dr. Jean has made an appearance though.

Ziva wasn't just written out. She announced her leaving the series at the end of the previous year. Everything they did in the first two episodes had her okay.

Season 13 has already kicked off here in the states...so far no Ziva nor any mention of her. And they are eight episodes in, the ninth will be broadcast this Tue. Now Dr. Jean has made an appearance though.

Erm. . . Dr Jean ?

Sorry, misspelled...

Jeanne Benoit, portrayed by Scottie Thompson (seasons 4, 5 & 13), daughter of arms dealer René Benoit (also known as La Grenouille).

She appeared in the latest episode of season 13.

Ah; di Nozo's ex ?
How nice. She was very pretty, as I recall. . . .

Ah; di Nozo's ex ?
How nice. She was very pretty, as I recall. . . .

She has gotten better with age.

4931677,4ed6s3v2zwk1gd6udxn8blwt0pttomusvgw2t6vm_wrbmtscvai_enhoxevgizb1ax+nfpxbgammtjwscqzvhg==.jpg

Last edited:
So...what kind of crap I'm I watching these days...first some new movies.

Pitch Perfect & Pitch Perfect 2...

Pitch Perfect - It's got me hooked. No real drama, no real anything, just some great songs and singing by the cast. Yes, they all sang their own parts. This one has me hook...it is my go to for a not so bad movie that will lift your spirits. A feel good movie.

Pitch Perfect 2 - Not as good as the first. Most of the plot is contrived to create desperation. Still the singing and music is good. The ending is not quit up to the standard they set in the first movie.

Both screen plays are written by the same person and most of the crew worked on both. The director for the second was different from the first. Yet I think she did a great job. She was also the producer and had a fairly big roll in both movies.

The Martian - I really liked Matt Damon in this. It's about a crew of the first manned mission to Mars who during a sandstorm gets separated from the rest of the crew as they make an emergency departure from the planet. They, thinking him dead, his health telemetry read zero, so they don't even look for him and leave. Well you guessed it, he's alive...go watch the movie for the outcome.

Max - I like hero dog movies. Max is a war dog, who's handler is killed in the line of duty in Afghanistan. Max survives, but suffers from PTSD and is retired from service. He is sent home to live with the handlers family, who are glad to take him. Good feel good movie.

A Walk in the Woods - Robert Redford and Nick Nolte walk the Appalachian Trail. Hilarity ensues. Not a bad movie.

The Intern - Not a bad movie. Actually I liked it very much. Robert De Niro and Anne Hathaway costar. Hathaway is a boss of the internet company that takes on a De Niro as an intern as part of a program to utilize senior citizens knowledge and free time. (one surprise I will tell...the building the internet company now occupies was the same building De Niro's character work in for 40 years.)

Tv Shows

I do watch tv, probably more than I should. Grimm, L&O SVU, Gotham, & NCIS. SVU definitely has provoked story ideas in my head.

One of the problems we have (I think) is that, due to the crazy "Rules" of broadcasting, we get our programmes a long time after you; add to this insult the trailers on facebook and so on (and the lack of when what show was first broadcast), we're a complete mess.
~What series of NCIS are we in currently ?

One of the problems we have (I think) is that, due to the crazy "Rules" of broadcasting, we get our programmes a long time after you; add to this insult the trailers on facebook and so on (and the lack of when what show was first broadcast), we're a complete mess.
~What series of NCIS are we in currently ?

Season 13 - Episode 19 coming up this coming Tuesday. Here in the U.S.

<===

I watch actual crap. As I peer through the picture window at this very moment I see two deer taking dumps in my mountain meadow.

The Martian was a good movie and book...they took shortcuts in the right places.

Saw Antman a few weeks ago and it was way better than I thought it would be.

I've gotten on a kick lately.

Flash
Arrow
Legends of Tomorrow
Supergirl
Gotham
(are we sensing a theme yet?)

Limitless
</scorpion>
Lucifer

So called "reality" shows turn my stomach. If I want reality, I'll open a fucking window.

My wife, on the other hand, has been watching a reality series about unsolved murders. Starting to wonder if I should worry. I caught her taking notes the other day.

I've gotten on a kick lately.

Flash
Arrow
Legends of Tomorrow
Supergirl
Gotham
(are we sensing a theme yet?)

Limitless
</scorpion>
Lucifer

So called "reality" shows turn my stomach. If I want reality, I'll open a fucking window.

My wife, on the other hand, has been watching a reality series about unsolved murders. Starting to wonder if I should worry. I caught her taking notes the other day.

Theme ... DC Comics ... second string.

I was watching Limitless and Scorpion but found Limitless limited and Scorpion to far out in crazy town.

Lucifer looked good for the first two episodes then I got board with it.

Second string? Not for entertainment value, that's for sure. The D.C. movie folk seriously need to consult the D.C. television folk about how to make something people like.

I got hooked on Flash a couple of weeks back when I was bored and looking for something on Netflix and thought, "What the hell."

Blew through season 1, bought season 2, and now I'm waiting with everyone else. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll be in the same boat with Arrow. I started it on Monday I think, and I'm a half dozen episodes into season 2 despite knowing I'm going to end up over my bandwidth cap this month and have to shell out an extra $10 because of it :p

They're damn good. Easily on par with anything ( Well... perhaps excluding Winter Soldier, and if the hype is true, Civil War ) Marvel is putting out. Coming from a borderline Marvel fanboy, that's saying something.

Arrow - After the first season it was boring and predictable.

Flash - They tried real hard to make it interesting by injecting Arrow characters into it. Still boring and predictable.

Legends of Tomorrow - Got through two episodes and found that watching my network meters were more interesting.

Supergirl - I had hopes for this one, but it left me staring into space wondering what I could fix for dinner.

Gotham - Didn't even attempt to watch this one. But from the commercials, I'm glad I didn't waste my time.

Just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt and decide for yourselves.

You can't beat a good British drama. The problem with most American series's is they drag on until they become stale.

However I like the Mentalist, it's good.

The Gilmore girls, oh my I loved it.

The west wing, oh my yes.

Seinfeld I reall liked it.

Colombo was genuinely great.

The BBC's the Fall is intense.

The BBC's Sherlock is very good.

The BBC's Happy Valley is good.

Okay, posting this here just because I don't know what to make of it as yet. I might have to watch this one several times before I get it or go out and play WOW. No, I won't be doing that, thank you very much.

Warcraft

Watched this last night. I can say the FX were stunning and the action was good. But, I didn't get it. I understand that it's from the game World of Warcraft, but I didn't get the game either. I have watched people play the game, but what I saw on the screen in the movie was nothing like the game I saw.

Or was it not part of the game? I don't know. I will watch it again, like I said the effects were spectacular the acting was suitable for a film of this genre. I wasn't disappointed with the film, I just didn't understand the whys and wherefores of the film.

Okay, posting this here just because I don't know what to make of it as yet. I might have to watch this one several times before I get it or go out and play WOW. No, I won't be doing that, thank you very much.

Warcraft

Watched this last night. I can say the FX were stunning and the action was good. But, I didn't get it. I understand that it's from the game World of Warcraft, but I didn't get the game either. I have watched people play the game, but what I saw on the screen in the movie was nothing like the game I saw.

Or was it not part of the game? I don't know. I will watch it again, like I said the effects were spectacular the acting was suitable for a film of this genre. I wasn't disappointed with the film, I just didn't understand the whys and wherefores of the film.

Ahh! I loved that movie so much. I mean, it wasn't a great movie, but I had more fun watching that than I did with The Force Awakens, which I expected to love because I've been all about Star Wars since the beginning of time.

The Warcraft movie is a retelling of the first RTS game, not the World of Warcraft MMO. I've noticed the reviews come down pretty evenly for or against depending on whether or not the person was a fan before seeing it. This was a movie by fans, for fans, and that's okay by me, but I know it left non-fans completely confused. For me, the film felt like a greatest hits of Warcraft. "Look, it's the Goldshire Inn!" "Hey, here's a Dwarven boomstick!" The movie had me laughing and rolling my eyes at some points because it was honestly too much.

Honestly, I just hope it did well enough to make them want to do sequels. I really want to see some of the stories in that universe that come after this. I'm a huge fan of Thrall (the green orc baby in this movie). He starts out as a gladiatorial slave owned by humans and has to rise up and lead the Orcs. His story is both tragic and hopeful. The fall of Prince Arthas is another great story out of that universe that's way too long to type here.

Anyways, I totally get why the movie didn't make sense to anyone who didn't have mountains of Warcraft lore already in their brain.

Stuff I'm watching:

Flash -- My favorite of the bunch. Really curious about next season and I hope it doesn't change too much, or change permanently, because I freakin' love all the characters on this show.

Arrow -- I watch it because my husband watches it. I'm bored with it. And as much as I used to enjoy Felicity, she's become super annoying. I also can't stand the logic/tech inconsistencies like "he hacked our computers and made ours blow up!" or "We're the only people in the world who can stop nuclear missiles!"

Legends of Tomorrow -- Really terrible writing but I love the actors, so I keep up with it. I could watch Wentworth Miller or Dominic Purcell talk all day. Next season better be really good because with Wentworth gone as a regular, I'm not too excited about it.

Supergirl -- Never seen it. I guess I'll check it out at some point.

Agents of SHIELD -- I either love this show more than anything else or I'm ambivalent. There's no in between. I can't tell if I'll love next season or hate it. I wish it had more crossover with the MCU. C'mon, how great would it have been if Coulson had shown up in Civil War right when Cap needed someone the most?

Agent Carter -- Sorry to see this show go because it was THE BEST. I'm glad it ended with the kiss.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend -- I just watched a few episodes on Netflix and omg how have I not seen this until now. It's so funny and the songs are hilarious.

The arrival and installation of Digital TV (one way or another) has resulted in channels being taken up (probably more for revenue than altruistic reasons), has resulted in a programme called "JAG" (as in Judge Advocate General, being the military legal beagles).
I've been watching NCIS for a longish time, but the other night I discovered that JAG pre-dates NCIS (Mr Belisario does it again).
Sometimes it ain't bad, (Catherine Bell's really quite pretty).

Ah well, playing catchup can be amusing at times. . .

The arrival and installation of Digital TV (one way or another) has resulted in channels being taken up (probably more for revenue than altruistic reasons), has resulted in a programme called "JAG" (as in Judge Advocate General, being the military legal beagles).
I've been watching NCIS for a longish time, but the other night I discovered that JAG pre-dates NCIS (Mr Belisario does it again).

NCIS is actually a spin-off of JAG. :D

There are two episodes in the JAG season 8, episodes 20 & 21 that introduce you to NCIS. All but one actor made it to the series. Agent Blackpool didn't make the cut.

Stuff I'm watching:

Flash -- My favorite of the bunch. Really curious about next season and I hope it doesn't change too much, or change permanently, because I freakin' love all the characters on this show.

Arrow -- I watch it because my husband watches it. I'm bored with it. And as much as I used to enjoy Felicity, she's become super annoying. I also can't stand the logic/tech inconsistencies like "he hacked our computers and made ours blow up!" or "We're the only people in the world who can stop nuclear missiles!"

Legends of Tomorrow -- Really terrible writing but I love the actors, so I keep up with it. I could watch Wentworth Miller or Dominic Purcell talk all day. Next season better be really good because with Wentworth gone as a regular, I'm not too excited about it.

Supergirl -- Never seen it. I guess I'll check it out at some point.

Agents of SHIELD -- I either love this show more than anything else or I'm ambivalent. There's no in between. I can't tell if I'll love next season or hate it. I wish it had more crossover with the MCU. C'mon, how great would it have been if Coulson had shown up in Civil War right when Cap needed someone the most?

Agent Carter -- Sorry to see this show go because it was THE BEST. I'm glad it ended with the kiss.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend -- I just watched a few episodes on Netflix and omg how have I not seen this until now. It's so funny and the songs are hilarious.

Shows you won't be watching next season:

Agent Carter - Cancelled

Sorry.

Back