The Roaring Twenties

They spent the night making love and wrapped up in each other's arms until exhaustion caused them to fall asleep. Bright and early the next morning, the sun woke them. After a quick breakfast, they took turns scrubbing each other in the shower, laughing and joking and planning just what and where they were going once on the mainland. Penny was looking forward to seeing Capt'n Earl.

She was apprehensive as Jack would be calling George and Charlie and Tommy. She hoped that the story that he told them would suffice and the hunt for her old self would discontinue. She had no wish to be found now that her one true love was by her side.

Wearing a plain dress and Jack's old shirt, they walked hand in hand along the road to the harbour to wait for the boat to Ilfracombe. Hettie greeted her with a hug and a kiss on her cheek and her friend proceeded to enlighten her as to just how Mrs. Triffit had had several people drop by the shop to ask the woman to look into their future hoping for some insights as to what it held. The two women had a nice giggle about that.
 
Jack hadn't mentioned his concerns to Penny as to how they would actually get married so he suggested that Penny walk down to the jetty and he would be there in a few minutes. As soon as Penny was out of earshot he asked Hettie for her advice.

"Don't yew worry Young Jack, leave it t'me, you'll have everything yew need come the day, yew jus' tek good care o' that gal o' yours she's worth her weight in gold and she really loves yew, Oi cin see it in her eyes."

With Hettie's reassurance that all would be fine on the day Jack ran to catch up with Penny and in sheer exuberance he caught her round the waist and lifted her clean off her feet and whirled her round and round while showering her with kisses on her face and neck. Hettie watched the whole episode and smiled to herself, muttering quietly,

"Oi reckon they'll be foine, a pair of lovebirds if oi ever saw one."

The trip to Ilfracombe was uneventful in that nothing unexpected happened, although Penny had struck up a close friendship with Earl and linked her arm in his, laughing at his gruff remarks. Jack felt highly privileged when Earl let him take the wheel for a spell telling him to keep them headed between two headlands. Penny stayed by his side and they felt like an ordinary couple crazily in love, which of course they were.

Earl reminded them to be back by five o' clock else they'd be stranded for the night. Jack assured him that the bus between Ilfracombe and Barnstaple would deliver them back in plenty of time.

Once the bus arrived in Barnstaple bus station Jack took Penny by the arm to the small cafe, Jack pointed to the youth behind the small counter,

"Time to get your kissing lips on Penny, it was this young man that set me on the trail to Ilfracombe and I promised him that if I found you we would come here and you would give him a kiss he'll remember forever."

He stood behind Penny and nudged her forward, "Off you go Penny. It's mainly down to him that we are here together today."

Penny looked at him strangely for a moment and then strode forward and tapped the young man on the shoulder as he turned she clamped his head between her hands and glued her lips to his. When Penny finally released him the youth had to sit down , red faced but clearly happy with his day. All he could say was

"OH LORD, OH MY GOD!"

Jack broke the spell,

"Don't go getting any ideas young fella, she's my girl and that was one time only."

Jack's face split into a wide smile and he shook the youth's hand.

"We have a lot to do so we cannot talk now we'll try to find time before the return bus to Ilfracombe leaves. By the way what is your name?"

"Davison Sir, Davison Davis, my father's idea of being witty, so I generally answer to Davis."

"Well Davis, I am Jackson Freeman answering to Jack, and that delectable creature whose lipstick you have smeared all over your face is Penny March, very soon to be Penny Freeman."

Jack saw the frown in Davis's face and remembered that he had said that he was looking for Clare.

He took Davis aside for a minute telling him that Clare was pet name that he used but Penny hated it and he was banned from using it. Davis nodded his understanding and Jack breathed a sigh of relief.

The introductions over, Davis told them the best shops to go to and gave them directions. Penny insisted on shopping for her wedding outfit alone, citing the fallacy that the groom should not see the dress before the big day.

Jack took the opportunity to call George's number in London, something he was not happy about.
 
Last edited:
Penny was happy! She was going to get married to the man that she truly loved and her horrible past would be soon gone. She thought it best if the guys thought her dead. That way, they would not be trying to search for her, trying to help their friend. She knew that he hated lying to them. After all, he was an honorable man.

She was glad to see Capt'n Earl. The grizzled man was genuinely glad to see her as he looked at her questioningly.

"Jack is making an honorable woman of me. Taking me to Barnstaple to buy a trousseau." She laughed. "What are you doing a week from Saturday? Would you like to come over here and attend my wedding? I'd be ever so pleased if you did."

"Aye, short uv tha wether not c'operating Oi'll be t'ere." She kissed him on the cheek.

"Hettie has agreed to be my Matron of Honor."

"T'en Oi've got ta come, ifn nuffin else t'an ta see tha ole girl dressed up loike a spring chicken." The Capt'n gave a wry laugh before showing Jack the finer points of sailing the boat.

The ride to Barnstaple seemed quicker than last time, though last time she had been sick and it had felt as if she would never get to Lundy. On the way there, jack had explained how he had found her with the aid of this young fella. It was sweet when her asked if she minded giving the the young kid a kiss that he would remember.

Off you go Penny. It's mainly down to him that we are here together today.

It was a strange request but she walked up to the young man and as he turned around to her, she quickly kissed him long and hard. When finally she released him, the shocked youth was clearly pleased, though there was definitely a stunned expression on his face.

Soon, Jack and this young man, Davison Davis, were fast friends. Davison gave them directions to a dress shop that would be able to supply her with a dress for the wedding. She also wanted to get a heavier coat and gloves as she was sure that once winter hit hard she would need it.

Leaving Jack to make his phone calls, she walked the couple of blocks to the store. When the salesclerk found out that she would be getting married, the woman wanted to put Penny in a formal wedding gown. But Penny told her no, that she was a widow and needed something more reserved. They found a shorter dress that she could wear as a wedding dress.

They also found her a coat that would do her well this winter. She chose the green one, knowing that it would compliment her auburn hair.

She had the clerk wrap the dress up so that Jack could not see it before the wedding. She then headed next door to get some shoes for the special occasion.
 
As Penny walked off towards the store that Davis had recommended his eyes followed her noting the pronounced but subtle wiggle of her hips which he was convinced was for his benefit. He sighed resignedly, he would much rather be back at the Blue Bung rolling on the bed with Penny naked in his arms, however he had things to do that could not wait whereas a roll on the bed with Penny could.

He found a payphone in a quiet street with very little traffic and dialled George's London number. "Hello George McCarthy."

George's Transatlantic accent sounded more pronounced over the telephone,

"George it's Jack,"
George broke in "JACK? Where the fuck have you been? Where are you?"

"Listen George I only have a few minute before my ferry sails, sadly Clare has gone for good, she became ill and died in hospital before I could reach her, I've been on a bit of a bender since I found out but now I'm going to travel Europe then maybe Asia, I don't know yet. No more questions please just thanks to you and the others for your help."

Putting the phone down he found he was sweating with guilt for lying, Jack also felt a sense of relief that he had finally cut his ties with his former life. As he made his way to a gents outfitters for a wedding suit he saw the headlines in a newsagents,

"TRAITOR TO HANG ON MONDAY"

Jack just smiled in satisfaction, Quintin was getting his just deserts. He didn't bother to buy the paper, there was always the danger that Penny might see it.

With his wedding suit ordered and arrangements made for it to be delivered to Earl at the jetty in Ilfracombe Jack sought out a reputable jewellers and spent a considerable amount of time choosing an engagement ring for Penny then he realised that she would probably prefer to choose it herself so he asked the shopkeeper if it would be possible to change it if it didn't meet with his fiance's approval. Assured that it would be perfectly in order he took it along with a matching pair of wedding rings, again the shopkeeper was anxious to assure him that any resizing would be attended to.

"We reside on Lundy Island so any return trip would be quite a bind." Eventually they agreed that if Jack brought them back within the hour then the alterations would be carried out immediately, whereas if he didn't return all was well.

He met Penny for a late lunch at 'THE BLACK BULL' as previously arranged, It felt so strange meeting like this, exchanging chaste kisses in public instead of their usual tongue duels but when they had eaten Jack surreptitiously slipped the engagement ring into his hand and laid Penny's left hand on the table,

"Close your eyes Penny I have a surprise for you."

Surprisingly Penny did as she was asked and did not even attempt to peek, He slid the ring on her finger and it fitted perfectly.

"You can look now sweetheart."

He watched Penny's face carefully, looking for any sign of disappointment but seeing none, only delight, he lifted her hand and kissed her ring.

They managed a few words with Davis before the bus left for Ilfracombe and arrived at the jetty at five minutes to five. When they landed on Lundy they finally felt they were home.

Gallantly Jack offered to take Penny's bags back to the cottage after promising not to look inside.

"You go and show off your ring Penny, you have been bursting ever since I put it on your finger."

He sighed again as he watched Penny's rear wiggling even more now, that roll on the bed would have to wait.
 
Last edited:
Heading towards a pub called the Black Bull, Penny overheard two men talking about some "bastard" and how "...think 'anging is too good for 'im. 'Y, 'e 'as..." The men suddenly noticed her pause, looking around a bit confused. "Miss, do yew need a bit of 'elp?"

"Uh, yes, I'm looking for a place called The Black Bull?"

"Ow, Miss, yer almost t'ere. Down ta tha corner and take a right. Jest a couple of doors down on tha right."

"Thank you." Off she went while the two men continued their argument. Jack was waiting for her and he sweetly kissed her before the ordered their meal. Once they had finished their food, he asked her to close her eyes. Without hesitation, she did as he asked and felt him slip a ring on her finger. Once he gave the all right to look, she was delightfully surprised at the ring that was on her finger. She had expected a plain band but instead found a beautiful diamond before her.

"It is so beautiful!" She whispered softly, stunned. "You are going to run out of money if you are not careful, love."

The rest of the afternoon was heading back to be on time for the boat back to Lundy. If fact, the closer they got to the island, the happier they felt till finally they stepped back on its dock. Jack offered to take the packages back to the Blue Bung while she headed of to show Hattie her ring.

"Ow, Penny! W'at a beautiful t'ing. Oi bet yew will be tha purtiest bride seen 'ere in years."

Penny blushed and the two women spent the next hour talking until Penny said that she should get back to the blue bung.

"We'll see you at the pub." With a quick hug and a kiss on her cheek, Penny headed off walking up the hill towards Jack and the blue bung.
 
Hettie watched Penny as she made her way towards the Blue Bung a spring in her step and a swing in her hips. She smiled enviously, wishing she were thirty years younger, she was happy enough with her life but she felt she had missed out on so much moving here with Brian. She loved Brian well enough, he was staid and steady, reliable, whereas at times Hettie craved a little excitement in her life. At the moment the air of mystery surrounding Penny and Jack led to all sorts of speculations in her mind.

"Mary be a dear an' go tell Earl oi need ta speak wiv 'im."

Fifteen minutes later Earl poked his grizzled weather beaten face round the door.

"You summoned me oh mighty mistress?" and made an exaggerated bow to her.

"Don't yew be so daft yew ole sea dog." Hettie laughed, flicking a dish cloth in his direction.

"Jack asked me this morning how to go about gettin' wed on the island seein' as how we don't have a man of the cloth in residence, so oi got ta thinkin', you, as Captain of The Tibbet 'as certain privileges such as being able to lawfully marry couples at sea. It would mean so much to them both, will yew do it?"

A huge grin spread over his face and he laughed,

"Of course oi'll marry 'em, Oi wus finkin' along the same lines meself but oi needed t'be asked first."

Just out of curiosity Hettie asked "'Ow come you never married, Earl? A foine lookin' man loike you must 'ave 'ad ample opportunity. You should foind yerself a good woman afore ye ferget what to do wiv 'er."

"Wash yer mouth wiv soap Hettie, t'aint seemly t'be be talkin of such fings wiv a man that ain't yer 'usband. Anyways I know what t'do alright, that's acceptable on its own but when she don't know when to shut up I'd put 'er over ma knee. You, oi put up wiv 'cos, when t'day's over oi can get some peace."

To Hettie's surprise and consternation she felt a warm trickle between her legs at his words. In a croaky voice that she hardly recognised as her own she replied,

"So you have thought about putting me over your knee ,,,,and then what?" She wanted to know what Earl would do to her, imagine his hand on her rear, feel his manhood poking her belly.

Earl looked around to see if anyone was around and whispered in her ear.

"Actions speak far louder than words, I 'ave thought of yew a thousand times and more, but yew are married to a good man, a friend."

Notwithstanding he sat on a stool and soon had Hettie laying face down across his lap,

"If yew want me to stop Hettie oi will and we'll never speak of it again but if oi continue we both know it won't stop at this one toime."

Hettie craned her neck to look at him and pleaded, "PLEASE EARL, oi need to feel your excitement, oi crave it,"

Slowly Earl lifted the back of her skirt and pulled her cotton knickers off her plump rosy cheeks, her knickers were quite damp and he could smell her arousal as her juices trickled slowly from her slit.

THWACK

The first blow landed squarely across both cheeks and Hettie squealed in surprise.

"Again Earl, please, again."

He smacked her quivering rear twice more before he pulled her cotton knickers up and smoothed her skirt into place.

"Someone's coming, we'll talk about this soon. Oi got ta get back, passengers waiting."

Hettie watched him go, her mind in a whirl and her rear had a pleasant warm glow,

"Is this the sort of excitement oi'm looking for?" she mused



"
 
Last edited:
Her walk back to the rental house was a nice one and gave her a chance to think. She hoped that a house became available here on the island before her rental on the bungalow was up. She had still several months left on the lease. It was just that she knew that she could get pregnant, and that after they were married, there would definitely be a need for a second bedroom. And Lundy was not a place that one just was able to build or find a vacant house. She said a little prayer and kept her fingers crossed.

She had not asked Jack how his phone call had gone as she knew that it upset him to have to lie to his friends. Maybe one day she would feel up to facing her past. Maybe one day... But not any time soon.

Back at the Blue Bung, Penny found that Jack had left her packages unopened and sitting on the dining table. She could hear him busy making tea in the kitchen so she took the bags into the bedroom and removed the wedding dress, quickly hanging it in the back of the wardrobe, well hidden.

"You are to stay away from the back of the wardrobe!" She called out to him. Quickly she removed her clothes and then then slipped on her new coat, buttoning it up and went in to model it. She found Jack making the pot of tea and she posed for him.

"Well, do you like it? I know that it will get cold here this winter, especially with the wind coming in off the water." She turned around, as if she were in a fashion show. "This coat could hide a multitude of sins. A multitude of sins." She stood before him, grinning. "Of course, it takes initiative. Do you have initiative?"
 
His back was to the door as he prepared the pot for the tea just as Penny had taught him, she was very particular about how her tea was made. He was thinking about nothing in particular when he heard Penny standing in the doorway,

'Well, do you like it? I know that it will get cold here this winter, especially with the wind coming in off the water."

He turned round and Penny stood there with one long bare leg protruding from her new coat, although he could see nothing he suspected there was more behind her innocent sounding question.

"Yeah, very nice," was all he could think of to say.

Penny batted her eyelashes at him and swirled around as though a model on the catwalk, as she did so he caught a brief glimpse of creamy white thigh, then it was gone. She wet her lips before she spoke,

'This coat could hide a multitude of sins. A multitude of sins. Of course, it takes initiative. Do you have initiative?"

It was then that Jack caught on and he played her at her own game

"A multitude of sins indeed but it could just as easily be a multitude of delights, as far as initiative goes, in order to have initiative one needs something to act on, that can sometimes come through intuition, my intuition tells me that you want me to use my initiative to discover whether what you are hiding under that coat is sinful or delightful or even a heady mixture of both."

Jack sank to his knees and walked on them across the stone flagged floor until his head was inches from the buttoned up coat. He unbuttoned the bottom three buttons and pulled the flaps aside to be greeted by the delicious aroma of Penny's arousal and her puffy pink lips glistening with her juice.

"I can see nothing sinful here my pet, just the beauty of a woman displayed, perhaps the sin lies in the tasting of your exotic nectar."

His tongue flickered out just in time to catch the first drop to fall from Penny's drenched labia. His hands circled and gripped Penny's creamy upper thighs and his head burrowed into her delicious pussy lips, lapping and slurping at her then his tongue delved under the hood of her clit and stimulated it until Penny was grinding her hips sensually against his face.

He managed to gasp out,"Get naked baby, I want to fuck you naked." Before he returned his attention to Penny's bucking and swaying pelvis and the wet juicy fruit in between her legs. The stiffening and juddering of Penny's body as she climaxed gave him chance to speak coherently,

"Have I shown enough initiative to take things further?"

'
 
A multitude of sins indeed but it could just as easily be a multitude of delights, as far as initiative goes, in order to have initiative one needs something to act on, that can sometimes come through intuition, my intuition tells me that you want me to use my initiative to discover whether what you are hiding under that coat is sinful or delightful or even a heady mixture of both.

She could feel herself growing wetter as Jack traveled across the small room on his knees. Yes, he was willing to play the game with her. She was in the mood for a good fucking before supper at the pub. One of those where she could wrap her legs around him as he pounded into her hungry pussy.

Once the last three buttons were unbuttoned on her coat, he opened the bottom of it to reveal her desire.

I can see nothing sinful here my pet, just the beauty of a woman displayed, perhaps the sin lies in the tasting of your exotic nectar.

Soon his face was buried between her legs, his lips and tongue nibbling on her clit, digging into her sex as his arms wrapped around her thighs to pull her into him. Her head thrown back and mouth opened, she gulped for breath. His ragged demands wafted around in her brain. Get naked baby, I want to fuck you naked. An echo of her own desire. She wanted to be fucked, to feel Jack's cock piston deep in her, making her his. She loved this man, desired only him.

The climax, when it came, engulfed her entire body as her juices gushed onto his tongue. Had he not been holding her upright, she feared that she would have collapsed in a puddle.

Have I shown enough initiative to take things further?

When she could catch her breath, she took his face in her hands and kissed his lips, tasting herself. In fact, his entire face seemed to be covered in her nectar. "Oh, yes, love. More than enough initiative. You win the prize!"

She pulled on his hand till Jack stood before leading him into the bedroom. At the bed, she undid the final buttons and slipped the new green coat off, laying it across the chair.

"I believe that this is how you wanted me."

With a sly smile she helped him undress, until he too was naked. His cock was hard and thrusting out like a mighty spear, longing to pierce her. Her small hand wrapped around his sword, feeling it twitch in her fingers.

"Ohhhh, I have just the place for this!" She used it as a handle to pull him closer to her, felt his shudder as she sat on the bed. Turning loose, she slid back to lay among the pillows.

"Fuck me, please." Desire shone in her eyes as the afternoon sun cut through the window, lighting up her body as it lay amongst the pillows. She held her arms out, inviting him.
 
Penny's climax sprayed all over Jack's face making it glisten with her warm nectar dripping off his nose and chin as he grinned up at her, his hands supporting her as her knees almost buckled.

" Have I shown enough initiative to take things further?"

He asked, knowing that things were only just getting started.

'Oh, yes, love. More than enough initiative. You win the prize!'

Jack was well aware of what the prize was, Penny's soft luscious wet pussy but he was in no hurry as Penny helped him to his feet and with her small hand in his she led him into the bedroom. Penny stood at the end of the bed slowly unbuttoning her coat and making sure he got several glimpses of her glorious enticing body, finally she let it slip off her naked shoulders and down her arms standing in her wonderful nakedness allowing him to drink her in. Her breasts stood full and proud with her nipples hard protruding buds.

"I believe that this is how you wanted me."

It was a statement not a question, Jack could only nod.

She began undressing him, his shirt first, soft kisses on his chest and nibbling and licking his nipples until they ached. Penny made short work of lowering his trousers and boxers helping them over his feet on her knees and kissing either side of his testicles but ignoring his rampant upright cock that stood stiffly to attention like a Grenadier Guardsman at Buckingham palace. Once he too was naked she stood and wrapped her small delicate hand around his cock and he couldn't help it twitch.

With a cute smile she whispered,

" "Ohhhh, I have just the place for this!"

Then she pulled him closer to her looking up into his eyes, then she sat down on the bed and eased herself down among the pillows her feet planted flat on the bed, her knees bent with her legs wide open.

With desire in her eyes she held her arms out to him and huskily she pleaded,

"Fuck me, please."

It was all Jack could do not to just jump on her and fuck her hard and fast but Penny had initiated this moment and she deserved and wanted more than a hard romp in the sheets.
His intuition told him that she wouldn't complain if that was all she got but she would be disappointed. He held himself in check and caressed her from head to toe feeling her shiver as his fingers lightly caressed the soft silky skin of her neck and shoulders, she moaned softly as he kneaded her firm pillowy breasts and pushed them together forming a deep valley between them and worming his tongue into the valley before suckling each proud aching nipple.

Penny's moans became louder and more frenzied as he kissed his way over her belly and her hips were twitching with needy anticipation. He paused to give her time to come down from the high she was riding.

"Now you know how it feels to be teased mercilessly so I'll do as you asked and fuck you."

Without warning Jack sank his thick meaty sword into Penny's eager sheath, she squealed as he thrust in and out of her honeypot. Jack had never known her so wet and receptive and he lost some of the reservations he still harboured deep in his mind, he continued to ramrod her and at one point he slapped her jiggling bouncing breasts without any complaint from her so as their climax approached he timed a sharp slap to her breasts just as they both erupted and then lay panting with her legs wrapped around his waist, her pussy milking every drop of cum from him.

"Well my love you did ask to be fucked."

Then he folded her in his arms and kissed her
 
Jack's teasing had her almost crazy with desire for him. His hands, his fingers, his lips were like fuel to the flame that burned deep within her, building it to a conflagration of need for Jack, and for what only he could give her. Until finally, Penny thought that she would scream from hunger for him. As he paused, giving her a chance to catch her breath, his mischievous voice teased her once more.

Now you know how it feels to be teased mercilessly so I'll do as you asked and fuck you.

Without further ado, he did just that. A gasp left her open mouth as he slid his member deep into her aching sex. She could not help the sound that she made as he repeatedly emptied and refilled that void inside of her, the squelching sounds mixing with the moans and groans that they both were making. Soon he was thrusting hard and deep into her and she found herself arching her back as she enjoyed the feel of him.

The earth seemed to shake as they both seemed to cum at about the same time, and soon they were breathless, still joined together at their sex as her legs held him in place.

Well my love you did ask to be fucked.

"That I did."

His arms wrapped around her and she felt totally loved. For a while they lay like that until eventually his penis slipped from her. But the warmth of his love stayed with her and she almost hated to get up and get ready to go to the pub. But she was starting to feel hungry, and at about that time, Jack's stomach began to growl. They were both silent for a moment before they burst into laughter.

"I believe that your stomach has spoken, love. I am starving myself. Let's get dressed."

Soon they were dressed and heading to the pub for a meal and an evening of neighborliness. The place was already half filled. Leaning up against the bar was Doc, and he raised his glass in salute to her before weaving his way over to their table.

"I hear that congratulations are in order!"

She smiled at him. "Yes, Doc, this is Jack Freeman, my fiancé. Jack, this is Geoffrey Ryan. We call him Doc. He saved my life."

Doc grinned and held out a hand to shake Jack's. "Glad to finally meet you. I thought that you looked like a decent sort of bloke."

Penny noted Jack's confused look and told him, "I'll explain it later."

Mary came over smiling at the two lovebirds. "Giant Cornish pasties and mashed potatoes with gravy."

"I'm starving. Sounds good to me. What about you, Jack?"

She turned back to Doc. "Where have you been? I haven't seen you in almost a week."

"I went to the mainland for a refresher course. I needed to update my skills if I was going to have people coming to the island to get sick."

Mary stood at the bar laughing and turned around, motioning to Penny to come over to answer a question. She leaned in to kiss him, saying. "I'll be right back."

They watched her cross the pub, looking so happy. Doc spoke quietly, unheard by anyone other than Jack.

"Penny deserves happiness. I know that you can make her happy. I was in London these past couple of days. Seemed like almost everywhere I went, I saw missing posters scattered all over town, particularly around the train stations. It bore a remarkable resemblance to someone I know but the name was wrong. I threw away all the ones that I found. I think that they were outdated." He paused and took a drink. "I know that I did right." Doc reiterated what he had said. "Jack, you're good for Penny. I can tell that you make her happy. You take good care of her."

There was loud laughter and they looked where Penny stood at the bar with Mary and a shamefaced Morgan. The girls were laughing at the young man before Mary leaned in to kiss Morgan. "Don't worry. I'm sure that Jack won't hold you to it. Maybe."

Laughing, Penny walked back to the table where Jack and Doc sat. Sitting backdown with them, she laughed as Penny told them. "Mary just told him that silly story about what the best man is supposed to do with the bridesmaid. Poor kid is sweating like crazy over there, Jack." She couldn't hardly tell the sort she was laughing so hard.
 
Penny introduced him to Doc Ryan and immediately Jack knew he owed him more than his thanks, it was Penny's life he had saved and given him the chance of a happiness that he had once thought beyond him. Penny left them chatting to join Mary and Morgan at the bar, giving him a peck on the cheek and saying she'd be back shortly.

As soon as Penny had gone Doc Ryan became very serious and as he spoke Jack's heart filled with dread.

"Penny deserves happiness. I know that you can make her happy. I was in London these past couple of days. Seemed like almost everywhere I went, I saw missing posters scattered all over town, particularly around the train stations. It bore a remarkable resemblance to someone I know but the name was wrong. I threw away all the ones that I found. I think that they were outdated."

He paused and took a drink.

"I know that I did right."

Doc reiterated what he had said.

"Jack, you're good for Penny. I can tell that you make her happy. You take good care of her."

Jack was choked with shock and emotion, the one secret that he had hoped to keep hidden was known to someone else on the Island. His voice was croaky as he spoke,

"I will Doc, I most certainly will and you'll say nothing to anyone?"

With a wry smile Doc reassured him, "I cannot even if I wished to, Penny is my patient and there is patient confidentiality to consider, my tongue is tied."

There was a loud burst of laughter from the bar and Mary kissed a red faced Morgan as Penny found her way back to them and planted herself between them on the cushioned bench, giggling with glee at Morgan's discomfort at the thought of having to, well, to put it crudely, fuck Hettie, he was in awe of her as it was so how would she react if he put his hand under her dress?

Just a few minutes later Mary brought two large platters filled with the most enormous Cornish Pasties easily almost twelve inches long and surrounded by creamy mashed potato and thick rich brown gravy.

"If yer can't eat it all we'll wrap up what's left an' ye can tek it 'ome wiv yer." announced Mary, she then whispered in Penny's ear, "Keep yer eyes on Morgan, ahm just goin' t'tip Hettie the wink, she's gonna have Morgan squirming when she starts givin' 'im the eye."

They ate their way through the delicious pasties and mashed potatoes Mary bringing them spoons to spoon up the remaining gravy. All the time they watched Morgan as he became more and more agitated.

It seemed to Morgan that Hettie was taking an unhealthy interest in him, every time he looked in her direction she was smiling at him, once he could swear she had winked at him, this last time was more than he could bear, for Hettie had pursed her lips and blown him a kiss.

Suddenly Morgan bolted out of the door, "Ah need some air. ah'll see yer when yer gets 'ome Mary."

Jack and Penny wiped the tears of laughter from their eyes and Jack confessed that it was all his fault for making up such a tradition.

"It's not as uncommon as yer moight think yer know, Oi was best man at my pal's wedding an' this lady sittin' 'ere beside me was the bridesmaid, we've been together these past forty years."

The elderly couple left to a round of applause.

"I think we should take a walk Penny, to the beach perhaps."
 
Penny felt so at home here on Lundy. She could be herself and she was perfectly accepted by everyone. No one looked at her like a fallen woman, or one with loose morals. To them, she was Widow Penny March, someone who was lucky to find a second chance at love. Here, most people had their evening meals at the pub, and spent the evening drinking and singing and joking with each other, like one big family. She felt welcomed.

After spending the meal watching Hettie tease poor Morgan until the young man had run from the pub in an almost a convulsive state, Hettie and Mary had hugged each other, and someone had joked about what would Brian think about Morgan. The laughing started all over again when Hettie joked about how it would save him from having to stop fishing and get off of his boat.

Eventually, as usual, the evening turned to every singing, with a rousing song of The Galloping Major. Everyone seemed to bounce up and down every time the 'Bump-i-ty! bump-i-ty! bump-i-ty! bump' bit was sung, making the song seem all the dirtier.


When I was in the army I was a cavalry man, you know,
And whenever I went on parade
A magnificent picture I made.
Through my galloping here, and my galloping there,
This ridiculous habit I got,
And I'm hanged if I don't think I'm galloping now
Whether up in the saddle or not!
And the people they stare at me so,
For it matters not where I may go, It's –

Bump-i-ty! bump-i-ty! bump-i-ty! bump! As if I was riding my charger.
Bump-i-ty! bump-i-ty! bump-i-ty! bump! As proud as an Indian rajah.
All the girls declare That I'm a gay old stager.
Hey! hey! clear the way! Here comes the galloping major!


Last year I thought I'd treat myself to a holiday by the sea,
So I went, and my quarters I fixed;
Then I found that the bathing was mixed.
So I galloped away to a bathing machine
In the busiest part of the day,
And I soon felt at home with the girls in the water,
And joined in their frivolous play.
They were beautiful creatures, but lor!
How they giggled as soon as they saw Me

Bump-i-ty! bump-i-ty! bump-i-ty! bump! As if I was riding my charger.
Bump-i-ty! bump-i-ty! bump-i-ty! bump! As proud as an Indian rajah.
All the girls declare That I'm a gay old stager.
Hey! hey! clear the way! Here comes the galloping major!


I always was a ladies' man, and a favourite with the sex;
Well, I called upon one yesterday,
Though I won't give the lady away.
She started to talk of my army career,
And was quite interested, you see,
But I got rather tired, so we talked about her,
Which was more interesting to me.
And she said I'd been taking some wine,
For as soon as we sat down to dine I went –

Bump-i-ty! bump-i-ty! bump-i-ty! bump! As if I was riding my charger.
Bump-i-ty! bump-i-ty! bump-i-ty! bump! As proud as an Indian rajah.
All the girls declare That I'm a gay old stager.
Hey! hey! clear the way! Here comes the galloping major!


I don't tell ev'ryone, but still, I was married some time ago.
I regret of the matter to speak –
We were only together a week.
I endeavoured, of course, to make Gwendoline happy,
But one day, alas! and alack!
That impulsive young creature ran home to her mother,
And told her she wouldn't go back.
When I said that I thought it was rough,
She replied that she'd had quite enough Of my –

Bump-i-ty! bump-i-ty! bump-i-ty! bump! As if I was riding my charger.
Bump-i-ty! bump-i-ty! bump-i-ty! bump! As proud as an Indian rajah.
All the girls declare That I'm a gay old stager.
Hey! hey! clear the way! Here comes the galloping major!


After that, the evening seemed to wind down a bit. Hettie ordered one last drink before she said she would head home. Mrs. Triffit dragged Mr. Triffit away, claiming he had already tipped a few and she was not going to have her husband a boozehound. When Doc asked her where she had heard such talk, Mrs. Triffit claimed that she had read it in one of those books from America and suddenly everyone asked to borrow the book from her.

Mary had wrapped up hers and Jack's leftovers and as they were leaving, Jack asked her, I think we should take a walk Penny, to the beach perhaps.

She nodded, and as the blue bung was only a few steps out of the way, she had him wait while she ran inside and slipped the food in the small fridge before running back out to hold his hand, letting him lead the way down to the beach. She was curious as to what he wanted to talk about, but she would let him bring it up however he wanted to.

The ever present wind blew at them, and she knew that soon winter would be here, and the boats to and from Ilfracombe and Bideford would become fewer. She had never been to Bideford but she was beginning to know Ilfracombe and Barnstaple well.

Once down on the beach, the sea was dark and churning angrily and she felt Jack's arm pull her protectively against him. Overhead, clouds scuttled across the night, periodically hiding and revealing the almost full moon.

"Does something bother you, Jack?"
 
Penny slipped away to put the packaged leftovers from their meal in the fridge. While she was gone the rumbustious song of The Galloping Major ran through Jack's head,

'Bump-i-ty! bump-i-ty! bump-i-ty! bump! As if I was riding my charger.
Bump-i-ty! bump-i-ty! bump-i-ty! bump! As proud as an Indian rajah.
All the girls declare That I'm a gay old stager.
Hey! hey! clear the way! Here comes the galloping major!
'

He smiled at the way the whole of the company had bounced up and down during the chorus.

When Penny rejoined him he slipped her small delicate hand into his and they strolled down to the beach. He didn't say very much as he had a lot on his mind. First and foremost was the knowledge that Doc knew Penny's real identity but not the story behind it. Should he tell Penny or not? He dismissed that thought as he trusted Doc to not say anything and he had done his best to hide any evidence left behind in London. Second was that the venue for the wedding was not yet settled although Hettie had assured him that all would be well on the day, he was certain that Hettie would not let him down.

The night was chilly reminding them both that winter was in the offing, the wind churning the normally gently rolling waves into white horses lit by the pale moon. Jack pulled Penny in closer to him as they walked then Penny stopped and asked him straight out.

'Does something bother you, Jack?'

It seemed that Penny intuitively knew that he was troubled and Jack had to think quickly.

"It's something and nothing pet," he said gently hoping to reassure her. "Your rental of The Blue Bung is due to finish shortly and we have nowhere else to go, I know that neither of us wish to leave the Island but unless we can find somewhere else we may be forced to return to the mainland." He paused trying to gauge Penny's expression. "I have a proposition though that may solve our problem, it will require me having to raise about two thousand five hundred pounds to three thousand pounds to buy the disused Manse that stands next to the church, I understand the Church Diocese are considering putting it up for sale. If I could raise the money I could put in an offer before it goes on sale. What do you think? I believe that if I sold my stocks and shares I could raise the money."

He pulled Penny even closer and kissed her chilled face and lips.

"Please say you agree with me Penny, it's for us both and our future here."
 
It's something and nothing pet. Your rental of The Blue Bung is due to finish shortly and we have nowhere else to go, I know that neither of us wish to leave the Island but unless we can find somewhere else we may be forced to return to the mainland. I have a proposition though that may solve our problem, it will require me having to raise about two thousand five hundred pounds to three thousand pounds to buy the disused Manse that stands next to the church, I understand the Church Diocese are considering putting it up for sale. If I could raise the money I could put in an offer before it goes on sale. What do you think? I believe that if I sold my stocks and shares I could raise the money.

His words excited her and yet made her apprehensive. As did his kisses. That was a lot of money to spend.

Please say you agree with me Penny, it's for us both and our future here.

She held on to him tight, the wind threatening to whip her words away in the night.

"Jack, I love you and trust you implicitly. And I wish to stay here, to live here and marry you, raise our children on this island. Will we be able to afford it? I will give you all the money that I have. It's not very much as I spent most of my money on rental of the blue bung."

She looked at him, worried but trusting. "Will the house be large enough to raise a family, you and me and a couple of kids? It certainly looks larger. It's just steps from the Blue Bung. And what about money to live on? What can we do to earn money? I know that jobs are not plentiful here but I will do what I can. I can ask Hattie. She might have some ideas."

She snuggled close to him, the wind whipping across the water and cooling the night.
 
Jack thought carefully before he replied, he had never told Penny or Clare {How the hell had she intruded on his thoughts? Clare was dead} how he earned his money, as the owner of a steel mill in Sheffield he received a decent income from his stocks and shares. Even raising the cash to purchase the Manse would hardly make any difference to him.
Drawing her close to him he began,

"Penny my sweet, I haven't been entirely honest with you." Seeing a startled look in her eyes he continued "No, I have never lied to you, and never will, I just haven't told you everything about me. You ask how we will live, well I have sufficient money coming in each month for us to live out our days here without ever having to work again, I know you are not the sort to live an idle life no more than I so I propose that we buy the Manse and extend if we need to in the future."

He gave a sly grin and rubbed Penny's belly suggestively.

"We can find some form of employment and tell every one that I had an inheritance."

He proceeded to fill Penny in on the details of his life taking great care to gloss over any mention of Clare or Cora. when he had finished he rolled on top of Penny and kissed her slowly and deeply.

"There you have it Penny, the complete me, any doubts, questions?"

A few minutes later he pulled her to her feet and they trudged home arm in arm.
 
She listened in amazement as Jack told her that basically he was rich. How had he managed to keep this from her all these years? Here she had been worried as to how they could afford to live here in Lundy, and all the time he had the answer. But he was right. She was not one to be idle.

She smiled as he rubbed her tummy glad to know that he too wanted children. They sat down on the sand as he seemed to lay bare his entire life. She almost couldn't believe her ears. Running through her mind was her options of what she could do here on the island.

"Jack, I want my main purpose in life to raise your children, take care of you, our family, our home. As I said, I totally trust you. And if I got a sewing machine, I could work from home. Maybe repair clothes, make alterations, or even design them. Whatever you want to do. About you, I have no doubts whatsoever. As long as I am with you, I am happy."

He pressed her back into the sand, kissing her soundly. Despite the cooling wind that blew across the water and carried the hint of colder weather heading their way, Penny felt warm and loved.

Soon they were heading back to the blue bung, where they spent the night making passionate love until they were exhausted.

Penny left the purchase of the house up to Jack and she spent time talking to Hettie about job possibilities on the island. Hettie thought that the sewing machine was a good idea and knew of where she could get a one from Barnstaple. When Clare had been younger, while her sister had been running around being the wild child, she stayed home making herself dresses and tops, so this seemed a natural.

She and Jack became regulars in the pub at night, with everyone getting excited at their upcoming nuptials. The weather was turning cooler and she was just holding out hope that the weather would be nice on their wedding day.

One day, in the general store Mrs. Triffit, reminding everyone there that she had the gift, pronounced that Penny and Jack would have a little one before their first year of marriage was over. All the women in the store rushed to congratulate her. She didn't say anything about Mrs. Triffit's prediction to Jack when she got home. He would probably die laughing at the obvious absurdity of it all.
 
Jack felt so much better after he had laid bare his past life to Penny and told her of his comfortable income, he wasn't wealthy in the truest sense but he was comfortably well off. He had wondered how Penny would take his revelation, would she be angry that he hadn't trusted her with the truth although that wasn't the issue, he trusted Penny more than any other person in the world, he had wanted her to know BEFORE they were married. He was overwhelmed by her response and knew he had done the right thing, now there were no secrets between them that could rear their heads and destroy their love.

He took her home to the blue bung and before long they were naked in each other's arms, bodies intertwined and luxuriating in a wonderland of passionate kissing and bouts of vigorous fucking as they gave themselves to each other.

Breakfast was a quiet affair as Jack waited for Penny to ask him about last night but she said not a word, carrying on as though nothing had changed which in reality it hadn't.

"I am going to take a look at the Manse, see what sort of state it is in, It has been neglected for years so the structure will possibly require attention, if it is bad I may be able to get the purchase price down, perhaps even get the Church Diocese to give it to us." Jack laughed, happy to see Penny smiling again.

The front door to the Manse, creaked and groaned as Jack pushed the door open, then the rusted hinges finally gave up the unequal struggle and Jack had to leap out of the way as the door crashed to the floor. The whole building shook and clouds of dust fell from the ceiling along with pieces of plaster.

"Not good, not good at all" Jack muttered to himself as he clawed dust from his face and hair. Fortunately Jack had had the foresight to wear a pair of flying goggles that he had found in a kitchen drawer at the blue bung. He took a few tentative steps into the hallway surprisingly finding himself on a tiled floor. He glanced up and his face creased into a dust caked smile

"That stays for certain."

Again he muttered to himself, what had entranced him was at the far end of the hallway, a stained glass window easily ten feet in height covered in Cherubs and Rubenesque figures of partially clothed women, but most eye catching of all was the sun streaming in through the window casting a golden glow throughout the hallway.

"I must show Penny this, she'll adore it."

He retraced his steps and called to Penny who was hanging out washing.

"Leave that Penny, come with me, you won't believe it, it's astounding."

When they reached the doorway he bade Penny close her eyes then guided her past the rubble, at that very moment a cloud drifted across the face of the sun and the effect disappeared.

"Open your eyes Penny, all will be revealed in just a moment."

The offending cloud began to move, the effect even more dramatic.
 
Up to her elbow in wet laundry and a mouth full of clothes pins, Penny hung out the wet clothes on the small line while Jack checked on the possible new home. In a way, it didn't surprise her when he returned so soon, obviously excited.

Leave that Penny, come with me, you won't believe it, it's astounding.

To save the clothes from blowing across the landscape, she quickly picked the basket of unhung clothes and slipped them inside the bungalow before following him back to the manse. The door lay on the front porch, and even from the entrance she could see that the house would need so much work. Was it beyond help or not?

He had her closed her eyes as he led her through the rubble of the building. She was curious, though it had to be good. He certainly would not bring her here to say "look at this hellhole."

They stopped and he spoke. Open your eyes Penny, all will be revealed in just a moment.

She coughed in the wake of the swirling dust that their footsteps had kicked up. She waved it away with a free hand, looking at at the mess around her.

"This place has really gone to seed, hasn't it?" His hands squeezed her shoulders as suddenly the window that he had her facing lit up, it's beauty undimmed by the dust and dirt as the sun poured through it. The actual window was taller than Jack and was decorated with beautiful women from an older time, while cherubs flitted around the women.

"It's beautiful!" She watched as the room seemed to fill with blues and golds and greens from the stained glass window. "How did it manage to remain unbroken?" She looked around the room. "Is this a salvageable place, or shall we need to continue looking?"
 
'"It's beautiful!" She watched as the room seemed to fill with blues and golds and greens from the stained glass window. "How did it manage to remain unbroken?"

"Yes it's beautiful although unexpected to find in the home of a man of God, don't you find it rather, er,,,,,, decadent, obscene even, Voluptuous half naked women cavorting and being serviced by cherubs?"

Jack's hands slipped from her shoulders, one hand to her breast where he began unbuttoning her blouse the other lifting her skirt and caressing between her thighs.
"We could have it moved to our bedroom to give us inspiration, like now."

The hand between her legs slipping under her knicker elastic and finding her damp pussy lips he circled her clit, whilst teasing her erect nipples inside her bra. They stood there for several minutes as Jack played with Penny, stealing numerous kisses.

"If the walls are sound we can transform this place, but right now I'm thinking that something is coming to the boil and needing attention, you have nothing planned for the rest of the day do you?"

He chuckled and walked her back to the blue bung keeping his hands where they were,

"Over the back of the chair first?" not really asking a question but making a statement of intent.The zipper on the back of her dress was easily negotiated and Penny was bent over the back of the chair in just her bra and workaday knickers her hands clasped in front of her as if in prayer. Deftly, Jack slipped her panties down and helped Penny kick them off her ankles.

"I love to keep your soiled panties Penny but I think it is getting to the stage where I have more of your panties than you have."

Jack rubbed his hands together warming them before he smoothed his palms over the tight smooth skin of her buttocks." It's up to you Penny my love, front door or back door?"
 
Yes it's beautiful although unexpected to find in the home of a man of God, don't you find it rather, er,,,,,, decadent, obscene even, Voluptuous half naked women cavorting and being serviced by cherubs?

"Voluptuous half naked women cavorting and being serviced by cherubs? Did you see something that I didn't see?" She started laughing. But Jack began fondling her, pulling her back against him as his hand began searching out various parts of her body. One hand found her breast and the other honed in between her legs.

We could have it moved to our bedroom to give us inspiration, like now.

She leaned her head back against him. "Love, you have never needed inspiration." His kisses were hot against her skin.

If the walls are sound we can transform this place, but right now I'm thinking that something is coming to the boil and needing attention, you have nothing planned for the rest of the day do you?

"Well, I was hanging out the laundry but..." His laugh was devious as he quickly got her back to the blue bung and quickly bent her over the back of the living room chair.

Over the back of the chair first?

Nimble fingers unzipped her dress and slipped her panties down and off.

I love to keep your soiled panties Penny but I think it is getting to the stage where I have more of your panties than you have.

"I was starting to wonder if there was pervert on the island. If you want to give them all back, I can clean them and you can start stealing them all over again."

After warming his hands, he ran them over her buttocks. It's up to you Penny my love, front door or back door?

She glanced back over her shoulder as Jack was quickly shedding his clothes. He cock was already standing at attention and she grinned at him. "I see your wandering eye. Back door, please."
 
There was an unspoken understanding between them regarding Jack's use of her back passage for which Jack was grateful in situations like this. Whenever he wanted Penny to present her rear to him he didn't ask, he gave her the choice and Penny being Penny nine times out of ten chose the back door. It wasn't all one way though, on the occasions that Penny craved her rear being filled to bursting and the sensation of Jack's meaty spike shredding her nerve ends she just lay on her tummy and flexed her butt.

This time Jack had been given the go ahead. Although his cock was aching with desire, he took his time kneading and smoothing her fleshy globes and slowly worked a precum covered finger gently into her dark brown star, letting her become accustomed to his finger and relaxing around it before invading her bowels deeper. when his finger could go no deeper her outer ring was spread wide and he slowly pulled his finger out feeling her internal muscles contracting and trying to suck him back in. He knew Penny so well, he could feel her body twitching, wanting him inside her.

His cock was hard, rigid and thick, his cock head slipped in easily and he began rotating his hips in a corkscrew motion, Penny was pushing back at him and he drove deeper and deeper into her, her internal muscles now gripping him tighter and tighter.

Penny still had her hands clasped in front of her but her head was between her forearms muffling the moans and whimpers.

Jack struck up a steady rhythm, neither too fast nor too slow but enough to let his cum filled balls swing and slap against her. The noises coming from Penny were getting louder now and Jack tried to quieten her with a sharp slap to first one cheek then the other.

"Shush Penny, I am almost there."

Almost immediately the dam burst and Jack painted Penny's bowels with a thick sticky coat of semen. It was so thick and sticky it refused to trickle out as normal and Jack suggested that they shower together so they were fresh and clean for lunch.
 
The system that they had developed when it came to anal sex had just seemed to evolve and if it isn't broken, then don't fix it. Though she was still relatively new to all the ins and outs, so to speak, about it, she gave him the go ahead and he grinned at her before he began. He knew that warm up was everything - her memory suddenly switched to a certain someone who had enjoyed giving pain while giving anal - and for a moment she had tensed up.

But Jack seemed to understand and was deliberately slow and easy warming her up, opening her up. When he had her nice and open, he slipped his cock into that dark passage. His special way he had of fucking her back there soon had her whining and pressing back against him. He chastised her, lightly spanking her buttocks before she felt his hard press as warm cum filled her bowels.

Anal is not that pretty after all is said and done and the next hour was spent with clean up. It was a little after noon when they finished and she told Jack that he could either make them a couple of sandwiches for a quick lunch or rewet the clothes that she had been in the middle of hanging out and then hang them on the line. Laughing, she suspected his answer and pointed him towards the kitchen while she finished up the laundry. By the time that she was finished, he had used the last of the ham and bread for sandwiches and as they ate, they discussed about what to do concerning the house by the church.

Once through, she sent him over to finish checking out the house while she cleaned up and then headed to the store to stock up. Mrs. Triffit greeted her as she entered, gushing enthusiasm at their upcoming nuptials.

"Just 3 more days, dearie. So, where are you going to live? We would love for you two to stay but the blue bung is only a rental." The nosy woman made a sad face. She knew what the woman was after.

"Really? Well, now, that is a shame."

"Well, yes. Yes, it is. Of course, that house is a bit too small to raise a family. Isn't it?" Mrs. Triffit clicked her tongue.

"Yes it is."

Penny left with Mrs. Triffit none the wiser as to what she and Jack had planned. Though she was sure that the woman would try to find out more tonight at the pub. She laughed. It was going to be interesting living here.
 
Left to his own devices after lunch Jack took several sheets of paper and a stiff board to rest on when he was writing or drawing. He managed to negotiate the remainder of the ground floor without bringing down more plaster. He made a rough plan of the downstairs which consisted of the hallway, a large room he took to be the sitting room and that led through to what must have been a grand dining room, with the kitchen beyond. Along one wall ran a covered passageway that led to the remains of a magnificent glass conservatory, sadly, every pane of glass smashed.
He was about to turn away when something odd took his eye. In the sunlight that filtered through the trees stood two rows of flowers in small pots and each one was freshly watered.

"Is there anyone there? Show yourself, I mean you no harm."

No one came forward so Jack retraced his steps to the cottage, mulling over the strange turn of events. Perhaps Penny might know something.
 
Penny finished re-wetting the clothes and hung them out on the line. She then set about doing some mending on her clothes. She did have a few new clothes, and the majority of Jack's were new as he had only come with a few clothes with the thought of heading back home after a few days. And their trip to Barnstaple had them only purchasing the necessities. After all, there was limited storage space in the blue bung.

Jack was still gone so she cleaned the place, getting everything shipshape and Bristol fashion. By the time he returned, she had brought the clothes in from the line and was putting them away. The strange look on his face told her that something was up, though when he told her what he had found, she was surprised.

"I'll ask Hettie. She should know something."

They sat and cuddled for a while as he described what the downstairs looked like.

"Does it look like it's in too poor shape to revive?"

As evening arrived, she could tell that a squall was rolling. It was only 3 days until the wedding and she hoped that they would have good weather on Saturday.

At the pub, Mary greeted them with what was on the menu. "Fish 'n chips. Really tha best fing ever." She started to leave but paused. "Oh, and Oi finely 'ad ta tell Morgan the truf 'bout 'e and 'ettie. Tha poor fing wuz goin' ta back out and not even come to tha weddin'." The waitress grinned. "Oi set 'im strait."

Penny giggled as they watched Mary sashayed back to the bar and place their order. They had acquired a table that was, in a way, considered their table. Usually, Mary would already have the silverware waiting for then at the places where they sat. And by the time that they sat down at their table, she would meet them with their drink preference. She was good at remembering if someone hated tomatoes or liked extra onions, or was allergic to cheese, or that sort of thing. She was good at her job.

Their table was by one of the windows and she watched, waiting for Hettie. But Brian was due in this afternoon and that would probably put the two of them a bit late.

"The only other person that I can think might know who is growing those flowers is Doc. Why not ask Doc and I'll question Hettie. I see her and Brian coming up the hill."
 
Back
Top