A Picture is Worth a Thousand FAWCs

FAWCker

Really Really Experienced
Let's FAWC again, shall we? :devil:

Just to refresh: FAWC stands for Friendly Anonymous Writing Challenge. The purpose of this challenge is for us writers to flex our literary and storytelling muscles in a friendly competition. There are no prizes given for a FAWC exercise other than a shiny virtual trophy; we do it primarily for the fun and camaraderie.

Now, on to the details:

The challenge for FAWC 3 is to write an original story based on a picture which will be posted later in this thread. TxRad, a non-participant by choice, has volunteered to provide such a picture based on my admittedly vague criteria. None of the participants will know what this picture is until Tx posts it.

Once the picture is posted, all participants will have until Saturday, November 9, 11:59 PM CST. That gives us two and a half weeks to compose our tales.

Once your story is finished, you will email it to me under this Lit account. I will then post ALL stories to the Chain Story category. The author's name will not be revealed until November 20, when I will do so in the comments section of each story. That will give at least a week's worth of voting.

Title: Limit your title to 22 characters, as it will be listed as F3: (your title).

Please include at the beginning of your story the following disclaimer:

(Author's note: This story is an entry into the third Friendly Anonymous Writing Challenge (FAWC). The true author of this story will be kept secret until Wednesday, November 20, 2013, when the author will be revealed in the comments section following this story. There are no prizes awarded during FAWC; this is simply a friendly competition.)

Then include your ten story tags. The first tag will be FAWC, so you only need to include nine more. Story tags will be listed in the story after the disclaimer as well.

I have set up a new email address specifically for these challenges. You must PM me and I will send it to you. For various reasons, I am not going to post it here (not the least of which is due to Literotica's guidelines about posting email addresses).

To sum up:

FAWC begins: As soon as TxRad posts a picture in this thread (which I will then copy and link to this post)

Deadline for Submissions: Saturday, November 9, 11:59 pm CST.

Authors Revealed and Winner Announced: Wednesday, November 20.

Please keep in mind that this is a friendly competition. Please do everyone the courtesy of refraining from posting any snide remarks or insults in this thread.

Here is the picture we will be drawing inspiration from, courtesy TxRad:

attachment.php

So, who wants to FAWC?

Last edited:
I wanna FAWC!

I'm still feeling the strain of posting my Halloween story at the very last minute just now, and I would need to finish a FAWC story by November first so I can start NaNo, but hey, I'm a glutton for punishment. :D

I'm not sure I can finish it then but will give it a shot. My head is one fickle bitch, I'd trade it in if it was possible. :eek:

Yeah, this one is going to be a little tight on time, necessitated by the beginning of the Winter Holidays contest. Maybe after that one's over, we'll do FAWC 4.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Personally, I can't wait to see what TxRad posts as the picture we'll be using.

I have almost finished my winter holiday story so if i get an instant idea and can squeeze it in before Nano I will be in.... if..... :eek:

Since time is short, I'll try and make it easy and fairly open.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Really? Hunh. It's a lot more ... location oriented ... than I was expecting ...

I was about to post that I got no tension from the photo when something started developing. So, we'll see.

I'm not a participant but have some plot bunnies, free to a good home. PM me.

I think I've got something, too, dang it. OR two things. Just when I thought the photo wasn't doing anything for me .... :rolleyes:

I have a concept. If I can flesh out a story within the next 48 hours, then I'll take a stab at it.

I think I've got something, too, dang it. OR two things. Just when I thought the photo wasn't doing anything for me .... :rolleyes:

It is a little sneaky ain't it. I had two ideas when I first saw it and then another three crossed my mind as I worked with it, sizing and posting.

I did have a little help though. I either vacationed at this place or one damned near like it a number of years ago. It might not still be there as it was on an island off the coast of Thailand before the tsunami.

Sr you are a bad boy, I had an idea looking at the picture then scroll down and there you are so now have two ideas and a third is tickling around in there. I am so spanking you later.

Dammit, fourth idea, it sucks to be Halloween time. :eek:

Back