What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The proof of my novel arrived last night! There are a few minor tweaks that need to be made but...man, is it every sexy! (If I do say so myself).

L and I had just put in over ten hours on this reno job (again) and I was totally dead on my feet. Then I saw that brown paper package and in a heartbeat I suddenly had enough energy to run a marathon. We toasted with cans of Molson Canadian (apropos, I think) and then I spent the next few hours just touching it and holding it. Nearly three years of work, in my hands at last!

I am a happy gal. :D

Your/this kinda smile has to be one of the most contagious! I'm smiling for you, too! Congratulations! :)

The proof of my novel arrived last night! There are a few minor tweaks that need to be made but...man, is it every sexy! (If I do say so myself).

L and I had just put in over ten hours on this reno job (again) and I was totally dead on my feet. Then I saw that brown paper package and in a heartbeat I suddenly had enough energy to run a marathon. We toasted with cans of Molson Canadian (apropos, I think) and then I spent the next few hours just touching it and holding it. Nearly three years of work, in my hands at last!

As my Brooklyn-born-and-raised best friend would say: "Mazel tov!"

YAY!!!
:nana:
Congrats, K!

I am smiling ear to ear, and could not be happier for you.

Magnificent, K.

I'm smiling quietly today as I sort of celebrate the anniversary of nearly~but~not dying. I'm alive, wide awake, breathing deeply, so lucky, and so very grateful for the love I have kept in my life. *reaches out and hugs the world warmly*

I'm smiling quietly today as I sort of celebrate the anniversary of nearly~but~not dying. I'm alive, wide awake, breathing deeply, so lucky, and so very grateful for the love I have kept in my life. *reaches out and hugs the world warmly*
It's a good day, then. Celebrate each one as it comes.

Sometimes just watching someone play solitaire can be extremely rewarding.

Last edited:
Sometimes just watching someone play solitaire can be extremely rewarding.

I know that many say that learning the firsts are so exciting, but it seems to me that watching someone learn the second time can be even more humbling and inspiring to watch. :rose:

Your/this kinda smile has to be one of the most contagious! I'm smiling for you, too! Congratulations! :)

As my Brooklyn-born-and-raised best friend would say: "Mazel tov!"

YAY!!!
:nana:
Congrats, K!

I am smiling ear to ear, and could not be happier for you.

Magnificent, K.

Congrats K! :kiss:

Thanks to all! I'm focusing on enjoying these little milestones. For all the hard work and frustration, you have to stop and reward yourself along the way. :)

On behalf of the world...

*hugs back*

"Hey, did you know bow season started today?"' I asked S.
"Duck" says he.
"And anything else they can aim at!" was my response.
About a beat-and-a-half went by, when we both realized he said
"DUCK!"
Still chuckling audibly! :D

Sorry ~ double post!

Happy that you are rejoicing in Life today, Curi! :rose::heart:

Entered a creation in a sewing contest. It turned out so cool!

Now hoping I win!

I believe in you wholeheartedly, wenchie! :rose:

Getting a text message that says
"are you alone?"

Before I could even reply my phone is ringing and then hearing his voice...
Shivers straight down my spine.

As I listen to him describe all the wonderfully inappropriate things he could do to me, I get a mss message.....oh my....what a picture.........from him...:devil:

smile

"are you alone?"

As I listen to him describe all the wonderfully inappropriate things he could do to me, I get a mss message.....oh my....what a picture.........from him...:devil:

nice :)

"are you alone?"

very nice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back