Free association thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is just something about his "Lucifer" that gives me the willies... and makes me want to look under the bed, just to be sure... ;)

All the New York Expressionists were mentally disturbed to one degree or another. Pollack was an alcoholic, de Kooning had early onset Alzheimers and the poor fellow who developed colorfield painting was a depressive suicide. Magnificant art, quite often, but at what human cost?

All the New York Expressionists were mentally disturbed to one degree or another. Pollack was an alcoholic, de Kooning had early onset Alzheimers and the poor fellow who developed colorfield painting was a depressive suicide. Magnificant art, quite often, but at what human cost?

Well, I guess to some extent we are all a little disturbed. Some just hide it a lot better than others. Some decide to express it in their own creative way, whether it be painting, scupting, writing, or any other mediums. And we all have our own vices, don't we? (Hey, I can't help it mine is chocolate. At least I can still drive after partaking... and it won't get me sent to the looney bin... unless someone comes between me and the aforementioned mocha goodness. Then it's every man/woman for themselves. lol)

Well, I guess to some extent we are all a little disturbed. Some just hide it a lot better than others. Some decide to express it in their own creative way, whether it be painting, scupting, writing, or any other mediums. And we all have our own vices, don't we? (Hey, I can't help it mine is chocolate. At least I can still drive after partaking... and it won't get me sent to the looney bin... unless someone comes between me and the aforementioned mocha goodness. Then it's every man/woman for themselves. lol)

The only truly "crazy" people are the ones who don't admit they're crazy, because we all have issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back