Does anyone remember Kenna Colrite?

Stray137

Virgin
Joined
Feb 20, 2016
Posts
6
I used to frequent this site a lot when I was younger and my favorite author was Kenna Colrite. Her stories helped me through a lot of tough times and I've come back only to find her profiles completely gone! Does anyone remember this author or have any idea where she couldve gone? She was a huge in the lesbian genre and wrote Trifecta, SweetTooth, ...But Your Enemies Closer, and Where the Heart is.
 
The name rings a bell. I'm pretty sure I've read one of her stories and liked it.

People delete their profiles here all the time for all sorts of reasons. Some go pro and want to stop giving their goods away for free. Some find Jesus (or some other sex-averse deity) and want to erase their sinful past. Some might have security concerns.

I've deleted my Lit profile and all of my stories twice now, once because I thought someone had gotten hold of my password, and the other time because I thought my username and some details in my stories might identify me to certain persons in real life.

Maybe something similar happened to Kenna. If so, it's also possible she might have reposted her stories under a new profile. A search might bring them up if you can remember any unique keywords or character names.
 
A while ago she took her stories down in order to publish them. A few months ago she reposted them on Lit, now it looks like her whole profile is down.

After an internet search, looks like she has a Patreon that's active, so you'll have to pay.
 
Some find Jesus (or some other sex-averse deity) and want to erase their sinful past.

I don't want to start a religiously motivated flame war, but as an Atheist, I can't help but cringe whenever shit like this comes up. Few religions are sex-averse. Not even Islam. Someone has taken a good idea - don't dress like a slut in front of men who are not your husband - and turned it into the burqa insanity we have today. I'm pretty sure Big M did not want his faith to turn into an oppressive, misogynistic cult. After all, he had cribbed the best ideas of Christianity and Judism for his book, namely enlightenment. It's only those who came after who twisted these words to suit their own backwards ideology. I'm damn sure the Quoran does not order believers to cut out young girls' clitorises with glass shards so they don't feel anything when having sex. That has to be part of secondary or tertiary literature. In essence fucked-up theological fanfic.

Speaking of Christianity: The only thing expressly written in the bible is that sex belongs in marriage and marriage should be consummated between husband and wife. A bit outdated, but let's run with that. As long as these criteria are met, fuck as much as you want, because God not only gave the gift of sex for procreation, but delight and intimacy as well. Look up Genesis 2:24 and go from there. Nowhere is it written a simple believer has to behave like a friggin' ascetic. Sure, the Ten Commandments are big on the "no adultery" thing, but again - if you and your wife want to, go nuts. Rock'n'Roll all Nite and party every day.

Extrapolating from that, since you're a) not adultering and b) not having sex when perusing erotic literature or porn vids, you're not doing anything sinful. Same with masturbation. I've heard so many devout Christians freak out about that subject - where is the sin in enjoying the gifts Big G gave you?

The whole celibacy thing was meant for the priests - and we all know what they thought about it. (Hint: More than enough didn't give a fuck about it - from medieval bishops with wives to all the little boy molestation - and lets not forget the endless conga line of devout American bible thumpers which tend to get caught indulging in exactly the kinds of habits they so fervently spit fire and brimstone about) For a religion supposedly founded on the idea of love and forgiveness, the believers sure have a lot of hangups.

And that's BJ's Power Hour. I also do parties, Bar Mizwahs and Black Masses.
 
Check out this thread. Sadly, the hope at the end is gone. Now, if only there was an archive of the internet, a machine that could take you wayback, wouldn't that me neat?
 
Re: sex and religions -- sex and guilt thereof are great tools for controlling believers. Sin, karma, etc. "If you've got-em by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow."

Sorry I can't help about Kenna.
 
I don't want to start a religiously motivated flame war, but as an Atheist, I can't help but cringe whenever shit like this comes up. Few religions are sex-averse. Not even Islam. Someone has taken a good idea - don't dress like a slut in front of men who are not your husband - and turned it into the burqa insanity we have today.

I'm a secular existentialist who was raised Episcopalian and I appreciate these thoughts.

My favorite Bible store is the Tamar and Judah story from Genesis. It's often told as a cautionary tale about wayward, brazen hussies and consequences of sexual mideeds for men. That's not really the point of the story.

Tamar is the main character, not Judah. Judah is the antagonist. It's actually a story about a woman using sex to get what she is legally and morally owed, and exploiting a patriarch's hypocrisy while doing it. In other words, it's sex positive.

Misogyny and anti-sex cause people to misunderstand that story. The Tamar and Judah story doesn't condone either of those things.

I wish the purity culture Christianity that evolved in the United States wasn't so nutso about sex though. That definitely is a religion that is anti-sex, and anti-women, anti-gay, and honestly anti-male in some insidious ways too. It's toxic, and I'm lucky I never got too deep into when I was a teenager.

Speaking of Christianity: The only thing expressly written in the bible is that sex belongs in marriage and marriage should be consummated between husband and wife.

I honestly don't know if it even says that, at least not like dogmatic idealism that the purity culture insists.


I'm damn sure the Quoran does not order believers to cut out young girls' clitorises with glass shards so they don't feel anything when having sex.


That practice is absolutely fucking atrocious.

That said, I think it was Reza Aslan who schooled Bill Maher on whether or not the clitoral mutilation was an Islam thing. The argument is that it happens in a particular region of Africa, among Muslims and non Muslims there. The rest of the Muslim world doesn't do it. So it's a correlation not a causation thing.

Not that means anything to Bill Maher. Islamaphobia is part of his brand. Leftists and Progressives (myself included) need to call him out on that just as much as we call out GOP.
 
I'm a secular existentialist who was raised Episcopalian and I appreciate these thoughts.
I'm a strict atheist -- no gods bother me except those I carve -- raised by a Methodist mom and Quaker dad, matured in a Hasidic commune, ordained in the Universal Life Church and a Free Baptist church (weird story there), and promoted to godhood by declaration. Hey, you're ALL gods. Be nice now.

I wish the purity culture Christianity that evolved in the United States wasn't so nutso about sex though. That definitely is a religion that is anti-sex, and anti-women, anti-gay, and honestly anti-male in some insidious ways too. It's toxic, and I'm lucky I never got too deep into when I was a teenager.
Xians cherry-pick bits of scripture to honor and ignore all the rest. Sorry, the holy book promotes infanticide, genocide, slavery, all sorts of shit. "Oh the joy of smashing the enemy's children against the rocks!" Infanticide. "Kill all the Gideonites, man, woman, and child." Genocide and infanticide. "Slaves, obey your masters." Yeah, right. And you get to kill or sell your kids if they sass you. Hey, Lord {JHWH} says to do it!

Not that this has anything to do with Kenna. I sense a threadjack.
 
Just to attempt to clear the air: I was friends with Kenna (we don't really talk anymore, but that's because I suck at keeping in touch with people and we just drifted apart), and she was extremely frustrated because her stories posted here kept being reposted on other sites without permission. I wouldn't be surprised if she ultimately said "If you're gonna take my shit you can at least cough up money for the privilege of accessing it to begin with."

And honestly, good for her. Fuck thieves.
 
Few religions are sex-averse. Not even Islam. Someone has taken a good idea - don't dress like a slut in front of men who are not your husband - and turned it into the burqa insanity we have today. I'm pretty sure Big M did not want his faith to turn into an oppressive, misogynistic cult. After all, he had cribbed the best ideas of Christianity and Judism for his book, namely enlightenment. It's only those who came after who twisted these words to suit their own backwards ideology. I'm damn sure the Quoran does not order believers to cut out young girls' clitorises with glass shards so they don't feel anything when having sex. That has to be part of secondary or tertiary literature. In essence fucked-up theological fanfic.

Well, I wouldn’t say the Quran is sex-averse per say but it doesn’t exactly support random fucking either. Sex is fine with your wife/wives and there’s a bit of washing involved, etc. masturbation is even allowed if the alternative is a man doing something horrible other wise (raping a woman or what not) but that has to be done left handed. Even during Ramadan, it is my understanding that fasting during the day applies to sex as well, but that Muhammad permitted it after sunset because it was an issue with the followers. However, I think the issue becomes a matter of mental purity; God is all knowing and therefore He knows what His believers are thinking, which means if you think about fucking your neighbor’s wife but don’t do it, He still knows...so it is a tick on your ledger.

Every religious text is subjected to interpretation, that’s the point—find your own personal truth in it. The downside is that every religion also has extremists who cherry pick what should be ignored. I can tell you from a female perspective that yes, the Quran does read somewhat oppressive and misogynistic, but it was written in a time when women were not what women are today. All of its teachings have to be taken in context, the problem is modern day people are usually either ignorant of that or choose to ignore it.
 
However, I think the issue becomes a matter of mental purity; God is all knowing and therefore He knows what His believers are thinking, which means if you think about fucking your neighbor’s wife but don’t do it, He still knows...so it is a tick on your ledger.

This is one area where Islam is very different to mainstream Christian theology - Islam specifically rejects the idea that God holds people's sinful thoughts against people. Per Bukhari, you get credit for the good deeds you intended to do, and also for the bad deeds you contemplated but didn't do, and extra credit for the good deeds you actually did; the only thing that counts against you is evil deeds actually committed.

So it's not that God will hold it against you if you have lustful thoughts. It's more that Ramadan is supposed to be an occasion for contemplation and self-improvement, and earthly distractions get in the way of that. (Much like my Catholic kin fasting for Lent.)
 
I think it's sort of fruitless to try to argue that a religion's "real" nature is something different from what its practitioner's actually think it is. A religion's "true" nature is not confined to a text. It's embodied in related writings, practices, accidents of culture and history, local differences, oral traditions, etc. A religion is whatever its practitioner's believe it to be. If they practice it or believe it to be anti-sex, it's anti-sex, at least for that sect of the religion. Muslims come in many varieties, just as Christians do. I'm neither a Muslim nor a Christian and wouldn't presume to say what "real" Islam or Christianity is.

Not that this has anything to do with Kenna Colrite. I think I missed her work before it was pulled from the site.
 
This is one area where Islam is very different to mainstream Christian theology - Islam specifically rejects the idea that God holds people's sinful thoughts against people. Per Bukhari, you get credit for the good deeds you intended to do, and also for the bad deeds you contemplated but didn't do, and extra credit for the good deeds you actually did; the only thing that counts against you is evil deeds actually committed.

So it's not that God will hold it against you if you have lustful thoughts. It's more that Ramadan is supposed to be an occasion for contemplation and self-improvement, and earthly distractions get in the way of that. (Much like my Catholic kin fasting for Lent.)

I guess I wasn’t necessarily referring to a single intention or lingering thought, but many. So a thought in passing or an image that pops into your mind at random is easily forgiven, but continued a way of thinking or intentionally dredging up sexual thoughts is considered sinful and in need of some repentance.

Of those I know personally, I can see the moral struggle they have with lingering sexual thoughts. But that can be said of most devout religious folk.
 
Back
Top