What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, you old dinosaur, you. :p



Thank you, too! 'Tis actually a gov't job, but your advice is still very applicable. :)

So if you get this job, does that mean I'll have to look for someone else to do the SEO work for my next venture: the world's largest porn for foodies website?
 
I have an interview on Wednesday! For an actual employee-type job! With health insurance and everything!

Not to be "that person," but if anyone has any extra thoughts, prayers, good vibes, or what-have-you to spare, then they would be greatly appreciated.

I'm all over it, bunz! Positive thoughts, vibes, mojo...all coming your way!
You'll be stellar!
:rose: :D :rose:
 
A few days late, but still amusing. (And tbh, no Clearwater PD officer would pose for a picture like this today. S/He would be sued by multiple religious/non-religious denominations for prejudicial conduct, and almost certainly fired by CPD for "conduct unbecoming" as well as leaving the department open to snickers and giggles (or, given the time of year, is that Snickers and giggles?).

Oldie but Ghoulie: Witch's broom gets Halloween parking ticket
9:43 PM, Oct 30, 2013



Clearwater Beach, Florida - Some memories never fade, even those in the crime files of Clearwater Police, which, much like other Florida law enforcement agencies, from time to time has had its share of the strange and unusual.

Take October 1968, a few days before Halloween, just 45 years ago.

Patrolmen Dennis Becky issued a parking ticket to Pamela Thomasson, a visitor dressed in a white bikini and black cape and witch's hat, because she parked her broom at a metered space and kept it there after the meter expired.

"There's no word if she cast a spell on the officer or not, or if she fled the jurisdiction on her broom," wrote police spokesman Rob Shaw. "Maybe the citation was part of Operation Clean Sweep."

Clearwater Police re-released their photo and a brief report on the incident Wednesday, calling it a mixture of Halloween, hilarity and history, courtesy of the department's photo archives.​
This is the whole of the article as published online, but if you wish to see the original, click on the underscored headline above.
 
Today, everyone seemed to be in a bit of a bad mood. I got the stink eye a few times and was generally on the receiving end of foul behavior. o_O;;

My coworkers and I all were puzzled at the amount of people that were just plain rude today.

After a while, a thought came to me. Some people just have a face that cries out for a fist.

Backpfeifengesicht.

I told my coworkers about this and we all had a good laugh. ^_^ It's the thought that kept a smile on my face as people were very rude.
 
I think my interview went pretty well.

I won't say that I killed it, but I think I at least bruised it pretty badly. :p
 
We were having a drink in one of the student pubs in the city, and a young man started setting up the equipment to provide us with musical entertainment.

The curmudgeon of our party watched him and said "you should have to have a licence to play the acoustic guitar in public, which gets revoked for life if you sing 'I', 'me', 'mine', 'I believe', or 'she left me'".
 
Ate a nice (4 ounce-ish) piece of whiting for dinner, plus 1/3 of a navel orange, and about a cup of ice cream + pineapple topping and strawberry syrup.

Yes, too much for my vastly-shrunken stomach, but to *want* to eat that much is a tremendous positive!
 
Coming home to Master after another 10 days away. His kisses are still as good as the first time he picked me up at the airport, 14 years ago.:heart:
 
I lost a game of online scrabble by 30 points (I was losing by 120 early in the game so I count it as a success) and got a message from my opponent saying "I KICKED YOUR ASS!!!!"

Yes you did. But that was my first game. And now we're having a rematch and I'm currently kicking YOUR ass, hasn't it gone very quiet? :D

Am I sexist to assume from the message that my opponent is male, do you think?
 
Baking always makes me feel like all's good in the universe.

I made almond buns for my father, because it's Father's Day today. It was a gift well received, too. :)
 
A pair of Falke Soft Merino tights in the colour wine.
I'm going to ignore the cost, buy another pair and alternate between those two pairs.
Finally a warm winter!
 
Waking up in Master's arms, after too long away, and feeling his hand in my hair, knowing just what he wants. :rose:
 
Seeing Master for the first time in 2 weeks and having the most wonderfully intense play session :)


SW, fantastic that your appetite is returning :) good news! Xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top