What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got the weekend off! Does a happy dance on the way to buy some beer!
 
The fact that I nudged her ass to come out and play with me tonight. She is going to regret it in every best way possible. :D
 
finished my paper!!!!

well, the writing of it anyway. i have to edit and make the appendix still but i finished the hard part!

63 pages before editing and appendix :)
 
Reconnecting with one of my best friends ever. Life pulled us in different directions but the love is still there. He's my brother from another mother.
 
Not only did it make me smile, it almost made me cry. The Mother's Day letter my young teen daughter wrote for me this morning. We have a very open relationship where we talk about everything. There have been times when I've wondered if I have made the right choices in telling her about some real life issues so early in life. War, sex, disease, social interactions she has heard my views on it all. This morning she thanked me as she said "for making sure I don't go through life clueless".

:)
 
Not only did it make me smile, it almost made me cry. The Mother's Day letter my young teen daughter wrote for me this morning. We have a very open relationship where we talk about everything. There have been times when I've wondered if I have made the right choices in telling her about some real life issues so early in life. War, sex, disease, social interactions she has heard my views on it all. This morning she thanked me as she said "for making sure I don't go through life clueless".

:)

How wonderful!

:rose:
 
Hearing his voice...never seems to matter what we talk about...I automatically smile when I hear his voice.
 
Listening to the kids sitting around the lunch table, discussing conductivity (Ramen noodle soup and spoons sparked that one), which somehow led to a debate about lightning strikes, energy and plasma...
 
Listening to the kids sitting around the lunch table, discussing conductivity (Ramen noodle soup and spoons sparked that one), which somehow led to a debate about lightning strikes, energy and plasma...
Your kids talk at the lunch/dinner table? About real things, not which girl has cooties or which X-Man is the best? Where are CM's real kids, and where did she find these Stepford kiddies? :eek:
 
Mother's Day, so we hit the park for a cookout, as always. The reptiles were out in force today, and it was so cool to be able to take my kids down tot he water's edge and point out water moccassins, turtles, diamondbacks, and the like. And had a great time feeding the fish and the turtles pieces of leftover hotdog buns. Just had a good time.

Driving home, Brudda Iz's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" came on, followed by "Misty morning, Albert Bridge" by The Pogues. The sun was shining, windows down, sunroof open (yes, I wore sunscreen), and I just felt incredible. "Do ur thing" by Basement Jaxx just sealed the mood.

The economy may suck, we may be barely getting by, but it ain't so bad. Pretty darned good looking at the big stuff. Details might bog, but my life ain't so bad.

That made me smile.
 
finished the massive paper. written, edited, formatted, and put together!

64 pages with an appendix just as long, and i am DONE DONE DONE!
 
Happy Mother's Day!

My girls got me some mulch and pots and flowers for my tiny little patch of "yard" and it was a lot of fun putting it together. Then saw Star Trek with them. Great fun!!!

And today I had a wonderful time with my Pet! He's been a bit stressed and down lately, but just by being him, he makes me happy.
 
finished the massive paper. written, edited, formatted, and put together!

64 pages with an appendix just as long, and i am DONE DONE DONE!

Seeing this reaction on the webcam.

And, hell, seeing the project done was enough to make me smile. Editing it was work.
 
I woke up this morning to a puking child. Then I went out in the dining room, and found that the 'mothers day fairy' had come (that's what my daughter said) and there was a basket full of 'goodies'. A new blanket (soft and fuzzy) a card that K bought before he left and got the kids to sign, cards the kids made for me, and chocolates.

I have awesome kids. :D
 
Good friends, French food, red wine, laughter in the face of everything. I am such a lucky girl. I love my life.
 
The lady at the shoppette gave me a carnation today, left over from Mother's Day, even though I'm not a mother. She knows why I'm here, and said it was because I was doing such a good job of taking care of the soldiers coming back that need the extra help and care.

Honestly, I could have cried. Even though I knew taking this position it wasn't something that would be for me, it would be to do something worthwhile and provide needed help to injured soldiers, it was the first time in eight months I've felt appreciated and like I'm doing a good job. :)
 
Sheesh! I'm such a
postwhore-1.gif
.

I've gone from an average of 3.39/day to 3.45/day in the last five days or so. That's not easy to do when you've been posting here for almost five years. :eek:
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top