Tips for guys waxing chest

berk1234

Really Experienced
Joined
Jan 27, 2012
Posts
154
I need some advice on getting my chest waxed. I have a moderately hairy chest that I feel self-concious about during beach season. The family is spending two weeks in June on a beach vacation and I want to have a smooth chest for that time. I tried both shaving and using Nair. Both left me disappointed with a little bit of stubble left behind. My wife loved the look of it, just not the feel after a day of growth.

Is there anything that I should do before or after getting it professionally waxed that will make it feel better/last longer?

When should I get it done? I want to be smooth from mid-June through the end of June.

How long should the hair be for best results? Stubble or should it grow out a bit first?
 
When should I get it done? I want to be smooth from mid-June through the end of June.

How long should the hair be for best results? Stubble or should it grow out a bit first?

The hair should be longer than stubble so the wax can get a hold of it, this will result for a better/smoother waxing. About 1/2" to an inch long should be fine. And as the hair grows back it wont be as coarse, so no prickly stubble.

I would get it done about 3-5 days before the vacation so this will give time for any potential irritations to calm.

I'd warn you about the pain, but you are probably aware of this. Enjoy your vacation!
 
I have chest hair because I'm not a little girly man. But that's neither here nor there. I've done what you are asking about. I have a suggestion before you try waxing though. Take your dick and slam it in a car door. Then stir up an ant hill with it. That's got to be slightly less painful. Here is my story.

I've had a hairy chest since I was like 15. Well I thought I would be cool and wax my chest. Actually, I lost a bet. I was 16 at the time and I had to wax my chest because of this bet. Now, I didn't trim it first. Perhaps that would have helped. But I got the wax. Heated that stuff up. Put it on my chest. Put that strip on there and ripped. I thought I was going to pass out. It was absolutely horrifying. I was bleeding like crazy. Every pore was bleeding. (again, this could be better if I had trimmed it first) The pain was ridiculous.

Was I smart in choosing an inconspicuous spot where I could try it out first? Nope. I picked the five inch strip right in the middle of my chest. So, I could leave it and look like an r-tard. Or I could be a man and finish the job. I should have just wussed out and stopped. Because it did not get easier. I had to put a wash cloth in my mouth and get psyched up while doing this. I finished it finally. I thought it looked stupid when I was done. I looked like a little boy. With a bloody chest. It was smooth though.

Like a dumbass I went to the beach the next day. Don't do that. It will burn like the urine of the cast of Jersey Shore. It was a good week before it didn't feel like My chest was raped by a cheese grater. Oh, and it sure as hell came back thicker.

I suggest this:

1. Don't do it.
2. If you have to do it, don't do the stupid things I did. Learn from 16 year old Pmann.
3. Get someone else to do it. It's tough to do yourself.
4. Try it in an inconspicuous area first. Somewhere that if you puss out like I wanted to, you could do so with minimal effect.
5. See if you can get a hold of a bottle of novacaine or something to numb it.

Now ladies, don't come in here with your Brazilian waxing stories. I might be a wuss. I don't really care. I'm giving this man some honest feedback about what it's going to feel like. You girls give birth and all that. We don't. We have lower threshold for pain.

I hope this helps.
 
I have done fully body waxes and literally ended up running fevers from the reaction to it....that said, after a bit the endorphins kick in and it isn't too bad.

Couple of points:

-Get someone else to do it and find a salon that women recommend for doing Brazilian waxes (which make waxing your chest look tame). Find out if they use organic waxes, I found them to be less reactive, or if they use hypo allergenic waxes (if they don't know what that is, hang up the phone!)

-Don't go to the nail salons (usually Asian run in my area ) that do nails, go to a place that specializes in waxing and esthetics, you will be grateful, the nail places tend to use cheaper grades of wax and their people are not as well trained I found (kind of like the difference between getting pierced at a professional piercer versus someone at a Claire's boutique).

-Best length is to let it grow to 1/2" or so.

-1/2 hour before going in, take 3 advil or tylenol, it sort of helps.

-After getting the waxing, when you get home, use aloe or other soothing creams.

There is another alternative, that if you think you want to keep the hair down permanently might be an option. The cost of so called laser electrolysis has come down and while it is not as effective as needle electro, it does end up significantly reducing the amount of hair. On a per treatment basis it is a lot more expensive, but over time you can end up with significantly diminished hair and in the long run will end up being cheaper (prob could get to the point where remaining hair can be controlled via a razor or creme).

I found it keep me pretty smooth for 3-4 weeks, YMMV.
 
Take an over the counter pain reliever and go to a professional. When you make the appointment ask if there is any prep you can do to make it easier. Good luck.
 
Take an over the counter pain reliever and go to a professional. When you make the appointment ask if there is any prep you can do to make it easier. Good luck.

^^This is the best advice.

And after peeing my pants from reading pmann's story i'd say a better length would be like 1/4 to 1/2 inch haha. Poor pmann ;(
 
^^This is the best advice.

And after peeing my pants from reading pmann's story i'd say a better length would be like 1/4 to 1/2 inch haha. Poor pmann ;(

Pmann's not above pity sex, pity blowjobs or pity handjibbers.
 
Really darling - laser hair removal is the only way to go. Absolutely worth it. Just don't do any parts you may want hairy later on.
 
Back
Top