The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be my favorite time or the year--or maybe second favorite, next to Christmas.

The 4th of July weekend has always been when I got a rare long weekend at the same time that my wife was hauling the kids away to see fireworks shows. I have more "me" time now, but it's been long in coming. Back then this weekend was the apex of "me" time.

Twenty-two years ago I used it to quit a 2 1/2-pack-a-day smoking habit, and at the same time started a now long-standing habit of social involvement over the internet. it's been an anniversary for me ever since.

Now there are illegal fireworks popping off around the neighborhood and bands ramping up at parties. The kids are grown up, the wife is off at yet another fireworks show and I'm still happy to have the time to myself.

I got a couple thousand words writ today, and reread some more. I don't know how this story will effect the readers, but for me it seems surreal. I didn't expect that, but perhaps it should be that way.

I think I see a spanking in her near future. The only problem is she would like it too much. :rolleyes:
I understand. :D

This might be my favorite time or the year--or maybe second favorite, next to Christmas.

The 4th of July weekend has always been when I got a rare long weekend at the same time that my wife was hauling the kids away to see fireworks shows. I have more "me" time now, but it's been long in coming. Back then this weekend was the apex of "me" time.

Twenty-two years ago I used it to quit a 2 1/2-pack-a-day smoking habit, and at the same time started a now long-standing habit of social involvement over the internet. it's been an anniversary for me ever since.

Now there are illegal fireworks popping off around the neighborhood and bands ramping up at parties. The kids are grown up, the wife is off at yet another fireworks show and I'm still happy to have the time to myself.

I got a couple thousand words writ today, and reread some more. I don't know how this story will effect the readers, but for me it seems surreal. I didn't expect that, but perhaps it should be that way.
Yay for "me" time!! And congrats on the no-smoking-anymore thing. Really stellar. :)

Laundry? One of the big reasons I'm a nudist. :D

Now that I have the story the way my Muse likes it, she has decided it is time to work on something else. :eek: I think I see a spanking in her near future. The only problem is she would like it too much. :rolleyes:

I think I will dig out one of my old strategy games. That always pisses her off. She'll sulk for a while and then we can get back to work.

Laundry is easy to do. Paying for them all is the hard part. ;)

Morning all, Happy Sinday.

Where are you off to. HP?

Me time. :) It is funny but even after all this time, I still miss the us time. Crazy ain't it.

Ok, fresh coffee is brewing and the clean kettle is hot. Help yourself.

I did a little beat by beat list of plot points for my current story and have something pretty cool for my work in progress. Now to see how it comes out!

My problem is the guy I have working on it (me), might not be able to pull it off.

Rolls up sleeves.

Refills cup.

Wish me luck!

Morning all, Happy Sinday.

Where are you off to. HP?

Me time. :) It is funny but even after all this time, I still miss the us time. Crazy ain't it.

Ok, fresh coffee is brewing and the clean kettle is hot. Help yourself.

I went to a 'Car Boot' sale at a local farm.
I managed to get a couple of 'useful' bits (DVD-R blanks) but there was no 'interesting camera gear'. But the good news is that I managed to walk about quite a distance (I normally have trouble with that) - AND managed to drive home with no trouble.
I'm quite pleased.

So if I can have another coffee please?

I did a little beat by beat list of plot points for my current story and have something pretty cool for my work in progress. Now to see how it comes out!

My problem is the guy I have working on it (me), might not be able to pull it off.

Rolls up sleeves.

Refills cup.

Wish me luck!

Good luck!

I went to a 'Car Boot' sale at a local farm.
I managed to get a couple of 'useful' bits (DVD-R blanks) but there was no 'interesting camera gear'. But the good news is that I managed to walk about quite a distance (I normally have trouble with that) - AND managed to drive home with no trouble.
I'm quite pleased.

So if I can have another coffee please?

*slides HP a coffee* :kiss:

Good luck!
*slides HP a coffee* :kiss:

* slips coffee cup within range * :kiss:
* sips coffee *
* smiles * :rose:

Bright sunshine; some flowers in bloom (the colours are truly amazing) bravely facing the sun despite showing signs of damage from the recent rains.
And the photos came out OK, too.

Hi everybody.

I was directed here after posting for the first time in a long while, and it's good to see familiar names and faces, as it were.

Can I get a good vanilla chai? Sorry, coffee isn't my thing. ;)

Also, I posted because I had some news, which is here if anyone wants to see.

Hi everybody.

I was directed here after posting for the first time in a long while, and it's good to see familiar names and faces, as it were.

You were still active for a while after I joined in, though I don' t know if you'd remember me.

I saw your news and I wish you all the best. We've had a couple cases of breast cancer in our extended family in the last two years. Both were handled aggressively and successfully.

Hi everybody.

Welcome. I also replied to your other thread. Even though luck has nothing to do with it, here's wishing you all you can handle.

There is always a kettle hot, so help yourself. We carry all kinds of teas, hot chocolates, and even one of my favorites, hot apple cider.

I took a trip to my friendly liquor store yesterday. They packed all my beer and wine into a box for me to take home. I left it on the kitchen table untouched until a little bit ago when I unpacked it and put things away.

I found a playing card on the bottom of the box. The ace of spades. What do you suppose that mean?

I took a trip to my friendly liquor store yesterday. They packed all my beer and wine into a box for me to take home...

I found a playing card on the bottom of the box. The ace of spades. What do you suppose that mean?

Ooo! The Ace of Spades is considered mystical, almost spiritual. That it found its way to you means that you're imbibed with spiritual wisdom and in tune to essential truths. Mind blowing!

That, or someone lost it after playing a game of 52 card pick-up. :cool:

Now, if there'd been a 7 of Hearts in with that Ace...life changer. I'm tellin' you.

Last edited:
I took a trip to my friendly liquor store yesterday. They packed all my beer and wine into a box for me to take home. I left it on the kitchen table untouched until a little bit ago when I unpacked it and put things away.

1] You're listening to the wrong music:
Motörhead - Ace of Spades

2] Some poor sucker's goin' to suffer when playing poker

3] or Patience.

Hot and humid again. Went shopping with my daughter. The local JC Penney's is closing. Prices were as much as 80% off already.

The old TV I had went out yesterday. It's way too heavy for me to move so I'm hoping I can convince my son to haul it out to the trash this week. I won't miss it.

Swimming and Mass this morning, Dim Sum for lunch and writing all afternoon as well as most of yesterday. Got 2 paid stories out the door! My very first paid for stories. Yaaaaay. Celebrating by writing the next couple. And working on my Nude Day story as well. Been a very productive weekend. So far.

Hi everybody.

Hrm, what constitutes a good chai?

Saw Despicable Me III. Meh, it was okay.

Gorgeous out tonight!

Swimming and Mass this morning, Dim Sum for lunch and writing all afternoon as well as most of yesterday. Got 2 paid stories out the door! My very first paid for stories. Yaaaaay. Celebrating by writing the next couple. And working on my Nude Day story as well. Been a very productive weekend. So far.

Congratulations! :rose:

Good luck again PennLady. I posted in your other thread and wanted to point out that I remember you from when I first started to post to this board and adding stories to my lit account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back