THE WATERCOOLER

LadyCibelle

Always magnificient.
Hello everyone, just like in all the other forums I've decided to start a thread about your mood and what's going wrong OR right in your life.

In here, we won't talk about editing, unless it's to say how somethings gets on our nerves. We can talk about anything and everything: our family, our life, our children, our dogs, cats, guppy fish, whatever. Just as long as we vent some steam and/or express our happiness :)

So to get the ball rolling I'll startl

I'm fucking sick and tired of not knowing what's going on with my daughter. Nobody knows what is wrong, they're sending us from doctors to doctors, tests and after tests and the results always comes back negative!!! Now she's fainting and is out of it for longer and longer period of time and nobody knows what is wrong:confused:

I'm tired of going to bed at night and not knowing if I'll get up in the morning and she won't be on the floor because she got up in the middle of the night and fell. I'm worried sick about her and nobody can tell me anything!!:(

Last edited:
My mood is one of being tired and wishing I were home making my puppy fetch the stuffed animal that is as big as he is.

ElSol

Lady Cibelle

The reason they may not be finding anything is because there may not be anything they can find through testing.
Has she been tested for diabetes? If she's fainting, that may be the problem. If she was tested and it came back negative, she could be hypoglycemic, which can lead to diabetes. Try having her drink some fruit juice and make sure she eats six times a day.

brightlyiburn said:
Lady Cibelle

The reason they may not be finding anything is because there may not be anything they can find through testing.
Has she been tested for diabetes? If she's fainting, that may be the problem. If she was tested and it came back negative, she could be hypoglycemic, which can lead to diabetes. Try having her drink some fruit juice and make sure she eats six times a day.

No she hasn't been tested for diabetes or hypoglycemia because this isn't something they are concerned with. She drinks plenty of fruit juice throughout the day.

The fainting are not only once or twice a day but more like 8-15 times/day. And now more and more she's out of it for longer period of time. She's passed all the test they could think of so far and everything came back negative. Now we're waiting on the results of an EEG test as now the doctor is thinking that it might be related to a minor form of epilepsy:eek: Which would REALLY surprise me as I know what epilepsy looks like like...my son suffers from it and I've seen it enough time to know what is is and isn't.

My mood

Trying to shake off a sore throat, tooth pain, pain in the wallet (for a lot of reasons, a dentist visit being among them), and other things.

Trying to figure out how to stand up for myself without being a total ass.

LadyC and I have corresponded privately on many other things (including her daughter -- I gave some input on diabetes and how it didn't seem to fit what her daughter was displaying), and I'm always gladdened when she writes me. That goes the same for any really good friend, here or elsewhere.

Hoping to get a phone call saying "You're Hired" instead of silence on my phone. (This includes being frozen out by a certain someone whom I won't name.)

Grateful for the friends I do have, and that they continue to like me.

I am very sad.

The only serious forum on Lit seems to have fallen sick with the disease which affects all the others. Of course, I refer to trivial and irrelevant threads. Such things as "What's your mood" should stay on the GB where all is allowed, or on non-moderated boards like the AH.

I was going to report the starter of the thread to the Moderator on those grounds, but then I noticed that it was started by the Moderator.

SO, I am very sad to lose, as we inevitably will, a serious forum for discussion of matters editorial.

snooper said:
I am very sad.

The only serious forum on Lit seems to have fallen sick with the disease which affects all the others. Of course, I refer to trivial and irrelevant threads. Such things as "What's your mood" should stay on the GB where all is allowed, or on non-moderated boards like the AH.

I was going to report the starter of the thread to the Moderator on those grounds, but then I noticed that it was started by the Moderator.

SO, I am very sad to lose, as we inevitably will, a serious forum for discussion of matters editorial.

Excuse me!!! What's wrong with asking my fellow editors how they are doing?:confused:

Can you explain in simple words,I must be really dense what exactly you have againt me??? Have I done something to you for you to be so blatantly negative toward me?

I don't recall having done anything wrong, neither to you or the forum and I don't think that asking people how they are doing is lowering the standards of the forum.

Asking people what's up in their life is only showing concern, I'm good at that and I really don't understand your comment.

I've been nothing but nice to you, said nothing but nice thing about you so unless you have something specific against me could you refrain from undermining my effort every step of the way?

Don't tell me you're part of the hate LadyCibelle group just because she's a newbie. You and "HawaiBill" are quite a pair at that.

Last edited:
Wellllllll,

You see people I got up this morning and I was in a pretty good mood. I had slept well, my daughter didn't fall during the night and not even a migraine to start the day......AND THEN I get on here and read our dear friend :( Snooper's comment and my happiness at being alive and well blew up in my face.

So, since we're living in a democracy....I'm asking you all to tell me.....Was it really wrong to start this thread about your mood? Don't be shy, say the truth, say what you really think....good or bad I'll listen to it.

LadyCibelle said:
Wellllllll,

You see people I got up this morning and I was in a pretty good mood. I had slept well, my daughter didn't fall during the night and not even a migraine to start the day......AND THEN I get on here and read our dear friend :( Snooper's comment and my happiness at being alive and well blew up in my face.

So, since we're living in a democracy....I'm asking you all to tell me.....Was it really wrong to start this thread about your mood? Don't be shy, say the truth, say what you really think....good or bad I'll listen to it.

I answered the thread, but I have to agree with Snooper. Could we make this go away? I mean, just slid down the board, and keep this forum serious. I complained about other forums, and as soon as I saw this one I replied to it. So, I think it would be a good idea to keep the kicks and giggles for other forums.

I'm just as bad as everyone else here, but this forum can easily slip into the crapper with other forums.

I see why snoop and black would say that this is an unnecassary thread and inappropriate for the editor's forum, but I also see why Lady would start it in here of all places.

Snoop suggested the GB, which is far too overrun with venom and assholes because of the lack of a mod. Sometimes someone wants to know that they can post something and have it given considerate attention instead of flaming, cruel jokes, or some dweeb jumping in with a highly limited vocabulary, doing whatever is possible to get people into as pissy of a mood as possible.

The AH has some problems with that as well.

Amidst all the "serious" editor's forum discussions, one thread of relative fluff isn't going to hurt a damn thing. If you don't like it don't support it by not not posting in it.

Lighten up guys. Life isn't this serious.:cool:

artistca71 said:
I see why snoop and black would say that this is an unnecassary thread and inappropriate for the editor's forum, but I also see why Lady would start it in here of all places.

Snoop suggested the GB, which is far too overrun with venom and assholes because of the lack of a mod. Sometimes someone wants to know that they can post something and have it given considerate attention instead of flaming, cruel jokes, or some dweeb jumping in with a highly limited vocabulary, doing whatever is possible to get people into as pissy of a mood as possible.

The AH has some problems with that as well.

Amidst all the "serious" editor's forum discussions, one thread of relative fluff isn't going to hurt a damn thing. If you don't like it don't support it by not not posting in it.

Lighten up guys. Life isn't this serious.:cool:

I'm not without understanding. Maybe as a sticky, but things get out of hand quickly.

I got something to say, but it's not about editing or my mood, but I want editors to see it. I know, start a new thread

We'll soon be looking for relavent threads. So far, without the fluff, people don't crowd the place with non-editorial stuff.

As far as I'm concerned, LadyCibelle has the right ...

Yes, we could talk with LadyCibelle in private. She's no therapist, but she is a good listener and gives VERY good advice. However, I feel that she has the right to start a thread on how people are feeling. For one thing, how I feel affects the quality of my writing and how I react to other stories. For another, LadyCibelle has earned the right to be respected and trusted, and for me to stand up for her in her decision. For a third thing, if this thread is specifically labeled as a "feelings" thread, then we aren't going off topic and should have the right to say what we wish.

Question for LadyCibelle: Does your daughter have migraines ... or do you?

BlackSnake said:
I'm not without understanding. Maybe as a sticky, but things get out of hand quickly.

I got something to say, but it's not about editing or my mood, but I want editors to see it. I know, start a new thread

We'll soon be looking for relavent threads. So far, without the fluff, people don't crowd the place with non-editorial stuff.

And it will remain that way Snake....there won't be fluff all around the forum I can guarantee it!!

LadyCibelle

I like it. There is a need for it. It should stay.

My reasoning is this. I have not, nor do I think it likely that I will, frequented the myriad of forums here at Lit. I am a "homey" kind of individual. I will pick a couple of areas and that will be where one can find me when I visit.

In doing so, I will probably make some friends in those few forums. In time, as has been the case on other boards I frequent, those friends will become like family. A bond will suddenly be felt. I will care about those friends as though they were a part of me, my virtual family if you like.

I care about what is going on in the lives of my blood family. I also care about what is going on in the lives of my virtual family. They too are a part of my life. I may not frequent the other forums that they frequent, and thus would not be reading what is going on in their lives, should they post, and how they feel.

Though not an editor, by reading the threads in the Editor's Forum I learn and hopefully become a better writer. Writers interacting with editors can do nothing less. I already feel that I have a bond with you. I have also been conversing with a couple of the others, which could also lead to the development of friendships and bonds.

I fail to see how one simple portal, perhaps even renamed "The Watercooler" could lead to a problem. No matter where we go, there we are, and usually there are others there, wishing we were somewhere else. It's life, and until we stop breathing we cannot escape it.

Lonely Knight said:
LadyCibelle

I like it. There is a need for it. It should stay.

My reasoning is this. I have not, nor do I think it likely that I will, frequented the myriad of forums here at Lit. I am a "homey" kind of individual. I will pick a couple of areas and that will be where one can find me when I visit.

In doing so, I will probably make some friends in those few forums. In time, as has been the case on other boards I frequent, those friends will become like family. A bond will suddenly be felt. I will care about those friends as though they were a part of me, my virtual family if you like.

I care about what is going on in the lives of my blood family. I also care about what is going on in the lives of my virtual family. They too are a part of my life. I may not frequent the other forums that they frequent, and thus would not be reading what is going on in their lives, should they post, and how they feel.

Though not an editor, by reading the threads in the Editor's Forum I learn and hopefully become a better writer. Writers interacting with editors can do nothing less. I already feel that I have a bond with you. I have also been conversing with a couple of the others, which could also lead to the development of friendships and bonds.

I fail to see how one simple portal, perhaps even renamed "The Watercooler" could lead to a problem. No matter where we go, there we are, and usually there are others there, wishing we were somewhere else. It's life, and until we stop breathing we cannot escape it.

Hey I like it...."The Watercooler" it will be....subito presto I'm going to change the name :0

Okay then, what if you made this thread stick so that others could see it, so they may post their stuff here instead of starting a new thread.

Knight, I like "The Watercooler" title. Could the name be changed and the thread stuck?

BlackSnake said:
Okay then, what if you made this thread stick so that others could see it, so they may post their stuff here instead of starting a new thread.

Knight, I like "The Watercooler" title. Could the name be changed and the thread stuck?

Done people :)

BlackSnake said:
I feel a lot better about this :D

Ask and you shall receive:D

I might be the MOD here but you all are an integral part of this forum....yeah...even those of you who absolutely hate my guts for being who I am.

You all count in your own ways and what you say are important to me. This forum cannot live, breathe and grow on my shoulders only. It needs all of you.

LadyCibelle said:
Excuse me!!! What's wrong with asking my fellow editors how they are doing?:confused:

Can you explain in simple words,I must be really dense what exactly you have againt me??? Have I done something to you for you to be so blatantly negative toward me?

I don't recall having done anything wrong, neither to you or the forum and I don't think that asking people how they are doing is lowering the standards of the forum.

Asking people what's up in their life is only showing concern, I'm good at that and I really don't understand your comment.

I've been nothing but nice to you, said nothing but nice thing about you so unless you have something specific against me could you refrain from undermining my effort every step of the way?

Don't tell me you're part of the hate LadyCibelle group just because she's a newbie. ...
What is wrong is not that I dislike you, but that I disapprove of what you did.

As BS said:
... things get out of hand quickly. ...
and the Internet is full of examples of this. Literotica is very full of this on other fora. The GB is supposed to be for anything anyone wants to post.

The top three threads at this moment on the AH are
1) Floundering In Misery?
2) Prince Charles to Marry Camilla - Pope Leaves Hospital
3) Boycott Walmart
All clearly about authoring erotica, or questions to authors <note the heavy sarcasm>.

The definition of the Editors Forum on the front page is "A place to discuss story editing issues with our volunteer editors." My plea was for that aim to be upheld; the cause of my sadness and my criticism of you as the moderator is that you have posted - as your first new thread since taking office - a thread which directly goes against that remit.

You are now part of the Literotica management team, so it is, as I have said before, your (collective) web site - do as you please, but do not expect me to approve of your starting the EF down the slippery slope which has all but wrecked the AH.

Last edited:
snooper said:
What is wrong is not that I dislike you, but that I disapprove of what you did.

As BS said:
and the Internet is fullof examples of this. Literotica is very full of this on other fora. The GB is supposed to be for anything anyone wants to post.

The top three threads at this moment on the AH are Floundering In Misery?, Prince Charles to Marry Camilla - Pope Leaves Hospital, and Boycott Walmart. All clearly about authoring erotica, or questions to authors <note the heavy sarcasm>.

The definition of the Editors Forum on the front page is "A place to discuss story editing issues with our volunteer editors." My plea was for that aim to be upheld; the cause of my sadness and my criticism of you as the moderator is that you have posted - as your first new thread since taking office - a thread which directly goes against that remit.

You are now part of the Literotica management team, so it is, as I have said before, your web site - do as you please, but do not expect me to approve of your starting the EF down the slippery slope which has all be wrecked the AH.

Deleted to get rid of the petty fight.

Last edited:
Snooper,

I think we are good here for now. I just scanned over the threads and the forum looks really good. I think we can have more "Alternate Editors" information, but I could nag about anything. This thread is out of the way.

Oh.

I have replied to your PM, and I don't recall spewing venom, there or here.

]I happen not to agree that there was anything wrong with the way it was, and I don't understand your use of "build" unless you want to have hundreds of threads and thousands of postings. I would not object in the least to that if they were all about editing, as this forum was meant to be.

There we are in complete agreement.

Please do not attribute beliefs to me which I have not expressed. I understand that feelings matter, which is why I always do my best to put up logical and rational postings with a minimum of ad hominem content.

Edited to get rid of the petty fight...If snooper wants to delete his post he can do it

Last edited by a moderator:
Back