Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Editor's Forum

Old 06-03-2018, 01:20 AM   #1
Infamousin
Virgin

Formatting advice for submitting to lit

Hello all,

I am currently working on a story that I wish to submit to lit in due time. I read up on the faqs. But, it seems that they lack examples of properly formatted text that will translate to ensure your format stays as intended.

In the faq is says to message those responsible in a note in a story. Is there a better way to do this? A small 101 crash course or an example from an experience submitter to lit would be appreciated.

Thank you

Old 06-03-2018, 01:44 AM   #2
Sir_Maveric
Really Experienced

Easiest crash course is to copy and paste into the field provided, then read through it. Correct any formatting that didn't transfer from your word processor. (MS Word, Notes, etc.) You do not need to submit right away and can save as a draft. After that, adjust you master and replace the draft with your final version.

If you require italics or anything special, you'll need to submit as a file. Leave notes in the space provided below the story and explain what you expect.

Old 06-03-2018, 12:39 PM   #3
astuffedshirt_perv
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Maveric View Post
If you require italics or anything special, you'll need to submit as a file. Leave notes in the space provided below the story and explain what you expect.
this is not true. See this literotica article on how to format: basic text formatting 101

In particular, you can designate italics in text with <i> and </i>

My stories: A Stuffed Shirt Perv

Achieved Lovecraf68's coveted "That's the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard" status in Nov 2013

Old 06-03-2018, 12:51 PM   #4
Sir_Maveric
Really Experienced

Iíve learned something new today. Thanks.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:31 PM   #5
Infamousin
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Maveric View Post
Easiest crash course is to copy and paste into the field provided, then read through it. Correct any formatting that didn't transfer from your word processor. (MS Word, Notes, etc.) You do not need to submit right away and can save as a draft. After that, adjust you master and replace the draft with your final version.

Thanks for the explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuffedshirt_perv View Post
this is not true. See this literotica article on how to format: basic text formatting 101

In particular, you can designate italics in text with <i> and </i>
That faq has been really helpful. I will have to review it again before submitting. Thanks

Old 06-03-2018, 07:49 PM   #6
KenNicottii
Experienced

In addition to michchick98ís text formatting tutorial, Iíve always found the following one by Weird Harold to be helpful in addressing some of the conversion issues from MS Word to a version that can be dropped directly into the submission box and not need additional work by the site editors.

https://www.literotica.com/s/testing-story-formatting

Yes, it does require a somewhat higher level of understanding and comfort with MS Word, HTML, text editing, and file manipulation. And one would be correct in stating that the PREVIEW feature on the Lit submission page gives you a more direct and simpler way to do this, but I like having my manuscript 100% proofed and ready when I drop it into the submission box for preview. I guess Iím always wary of accidentally submitting the story before Iíve cleaned up the errors.

One thing Weird Harold didnít mention is the need to strip out his <html> Ö </html> coding (before and after your content) that enables you to see the mock-up of your storyís text in a browser. I forgot to do this one time and got the story kicked back to me for having unauthorized HTML code in my submission.

Queen of Diamonds: An old friend brings her daughter to the high school reunion.

The Flume at Falcon Rock: My little sister's friend goes 'clothing optional.'

Trailing Along: From ski slope to horseback with my new friend Sandy.

Term Paper Blues: The last thing he needed that night was her company.

... and the rest