Formatting advice for submitting to lit

Infamousin

Virgin
Hello all,

I am currently working on a story that I wish to submit to lit in due time. I read up on the faqs. But, it seems that they lack examples of properly formatted text that will translate to ensure your format stays as intended.

In the faq is says to message those responsible in a note in a story. Is there a better way to do this? A small 101 crash course or an example from an experience submitter to lit would be appreciated.

Thank you

Easiest crash course is to copy and paste into the field provided, then read through it. Correct any formatting that didn't transfer from your word processor. (MS Word, Notes, etc.) You do not need to submit right away and can save as a draft. After that, adjust you master and replace the draft with your final version.

If you require italics or anything special, you'll need to submit as a file. Leave notes in the space provided below the story and explain what you expect.

Easiest crash course is to copy and paste into the field provided, then read through it. Correct any formatting that didn't transfer from your word processor. (MS Word, Notes, etc.) You do not need to submit right away and can save as a draft. After that, adjust you master and replace the draft with your final version.

If you require italics or anything special, you'll need to submit as a file. Leave notes in the space provided below the story and explain what you expect.

Thanks for the explanation.

this is not true. See this literotica article on how to format: basic text formatting 101

In particular, you can designate italics in text with <i> and </i>

That faq has been really helpful. I will have to review it again before submitting. Thanks

In addition to michchick98’s text formatting tutorial, I’ve always found the following one by Weird Harold to be helpful in addressing some of the conversion issues from MS Word to a version that can be dropped directly into the submission box and not need additional work by the site editors.

https://www.literotica.com/s/testing-story-formatting

Yes, it does require a somewhat higher level of understanding and comfort with MS Word, HTML, text editing, and file manipulation. And one would be correct in stating that the PREVIEW feature on the Lit submission page gives you a more direct and simpler way to do this, but I like having my manuscript 100% proofed and ready when I drop it into the submission box for preview. I guess I’m always wary of accidentally submitting the story before I’ve cleaned up the errors.

One thing Weird Harold didn’t mention is the need to strip out his <html> … </html> coding (before and after your content) that enables you to see the mock-up of your story’s text in a browser. I forgot to do this one time and got the story kicked back to me for having unauthorized HTML code in my submission.

Back