I Have Wrecked My Series!

LexxRuthless

Captain Corruption
I am a brand-spanking new author on Lit. My first story went live a week ago. In my eagerness to move the story along, I was writing feverishly on a coffee-fueled binge. I sat down and began working on chapter 6, and realized to my horror that I had left out a major part of the storyline in chapter 5--which is already live. I tried to adjust the story moving forward, but it is not going to be anywhere near as good, and I feel chapter 5 is far weaker than it should be. I saw that I could edit an already-posted story by including 'EDITED' in the title, but my title is too long to add that.
I really need to substantially re-write chapter 5 to salvage the series...but people have read it as it is and seem to like it. Do I just let it go and stop the series? Can I submit a new version of chapter 5 without including 'EDITED' in the title? Should I wait for my muse to give me a really creative kick in the pants weeks from now?
Please help.

You can put a note in NOTE section below the place where you submit the text. Just type 'this is a story EDIT' in the note field.

Back