Bohemian Bar for Beta-Readers

Available to beta-read

No toilet stuff, non-con, gay, or non-human...not really my style. I'll give you an opinion...
 
I'll volunteer my services as a TECHNICAL beta-reader and adviser.

If you need to come up with some technobabble to solve your plot problem esp. in sci-fi setting, I can probably come up with one for you. I was a "Treknologist" which means I'm most familiar with Star Trek (all eras), but I am reasonably versed in most generic scifi or science. You got technical questions? I can probably help.

I can also advise on most MILITARY stuff as well as weapons-related stuff in general terms. Wonder if your military scene reads right? I can tell you if you're way off or in the ballpark. Wondering if your weapon can do that? I can probably help.

I'll obviously give you my reactions to your overall story as well. Though I reserve the right to give you no feedback if I object to the overall theme of the story. I do have a pretty tolerant stomach, so it'd probably rare, but no watersports of scat play, no gay or lesbian (I'm str8 so I can't relate), no torture or non-con, absolutely no children or gore, and please, no bestiality or otherwise non-human /humanoid stuff.
 
Last edited:
Beta readers welcomed - Military Tactical

Lynn
Thanks for opportunity to reach out to potential new friends with this thread. Here goes.....

Story is best described as non-erotic (there is no sex in the story), secretive agency adventure, 13K or so words. Of highest interest is toward the end of the story, or first chapter possibly, where there are activities of a small group of folks being in a live fire environment and their actions during and after the engagement. I really don't want to embarrass myself when I pass this on to a couple of folks who have recent experience in that kind of situation, hence the call-out for military related experience.

Anybody interested in helping me preserve my dignity?
Thanks!
 
Hey folks, I'm available as a beta reader. I've been told (here and IRL) that I'm good at giving constructive feedback, so that's what I'm offering. I will also read unfinished stories.

Please note that I'm not able to properly assess the technical correctness of your writing. However, I don't mind pointing out the grammar mistakes I do find, if you want me to (as long as your text isn't completely littered with them.)

I'm mainly interested in:
Gay Male & Bisexual MMF - vanilla, or any kind of kinky; I'm quite open-minded
Heterosexual Femdom - any kind of heterosexual story in which the female character(s) hold(s) some kind of power of the male character(s).

All characters can be cis or trans.

Let me know via PM how long your story is, and what it's roughly about, and I'll get back to you!
 
Last edited:
Hello everyone!

Thanks to Lynn for starting this...

I am a writer and need a set of eyes to go over my story. I mostly do stories in the Transexuals / Crossdressers section and am looking for someone to give me thoughts and inputs on the final chapter of an ongoing series.

It's about a loving couple who engage in Crossdressing, role reversal, gender play and pegging. The story is about 10k words. I'm not sure how many lit pages that translates into though.

So if anyone is interested in checking out the story and giving me some thoughts and constructive input then please PM and we can talk further. :)

Thanks!
 
Beta reader needed

Hi. I need a second pair of eyes / a second opinion on my current work in progress. It's 13,000 words long and is intended for the Toys and Masturbation category (all the sex is either solo or mutual masturbation). The story focuses on university roommates (m/f) who masturbate together and gradually realize they both want more.
 
I've written only gay stories so far, but want to branch out into str8 ones. I'd like to find an editor or beta-reader for my stories and have pm'd some of the posters here, but haven't gotten any responses.
If anyone is interested in helping me, I'd appreciate it. I've gotten very good responses on the stories I've posted, but feel a 2nd set of eyes could be helpful. If interested, please pm me.
Thanks, Josh
 
Available to Beta read.

I'm free to Beta read most categories except GLBT, BDSM, Toys, Sci Fi and give critical feedback prior to editing.
 
Willing to Beta-Read

Not into incest, scat/watersports, sci-fy, or non human.

Soma99
 
Looking for Writing Buddy

Hey! Call me Mia. I'm looking for a beta reader--one that I hope to establish a long-term relationship with/request the help of in multiple stories. To give you an idea of what to expect, I write short fiction and have a transformation fetish--I find it hotter than sex in most cases. The sense of vulnerability compels me.

As a warning, I prefer nonconsensual transformation over consensual transformation. If that's a problem, I completely understand.

PM me if you're interested!

--Mia
 
Beta Reader Swap

I'm looking for one (or more) people to trade beta-reading with. I'll be your beta-reader and you be mine :) I really want this to become a long-term thing and I will not go ghost on you after you read my first story. I'll even read yours first if you want. :)

What I offer:
Non-judgemental beta reading. I'll tell you what I like or don't like but won't tell you that you suck or that I'm better than you (I'm not) or that I know better than you (I don't.)

Minor grammar/spelling/word choice suggestions.

I'll give you my opinion on any character, plot, or story-line questions you wish to throw at me.

What I don't do:
Non-consent and scat. Please if you like rape scenes then I'm not the guy for you. I don't write them and I don't read them. If you send me a story with one, I'll politely refuse to read it. And I'm really not into scat. For me it is a total turn off.

What I'm asking from you:
Non-judgemental beta reading. Please tell me what you like and what you don't like but be polite about it. I am a writer and sometimes I push too far and I need to know that, but it doesn't make me any of the nasty names that the trolls post in their comments. When I want to be called nasty names, I'll go read the comments on my stories. Please be polite.

Minor grammar/spelling/word choice suggestions. I do my best to clean up my stories before sending it to beta-readers, but some mistakes inevitably slip through. If you happen to notice them, please let me know.

Opinion on character development, plot, and story-line.

My stories are typically long. I mean LONG. Don't believe me go read some that I have posted :) The one I have ready for beta-readers is 22,500 words. I know that's a lot but I won't overwork you because I'm a very slow writer. It takes me months to write a story so lots of down time in between and I'm very patient. I won't be mad if it takes you a while to read my story. I know it's very long. I also won't require a one-for-one trade. I'll read as many stories as you write even if it is 3 or 4 times as many as I send you.

I guess I should mention that my latest story is a Loving-Wife / Fetish story with a strong cuckolding fantasy element. Most of my stories are either group or Loving wives and this is my first real foray into the cuckolding fantasy.
 
Last edited:
Looking for a beta reader

Hello!

Over the past few years I've written a number of stories more or less for myself, and I've been thinking lately that it would be fun to post them for others to enjoy.

A few are self contained, some others are longer and as yet without a clear ending. So I was hoping I could find a beta reader who could give me their thoughts on how the story was progressing, what they liked and didn't like, and perhaps where chapter breaks could be best added. I don't expect anyone to do in-depth editing at this stage, though if you wanted to I would of course appreciate your feedback.

Here are my two favorites, which I imagine we could look over first:

A story roughly in the mold of 'The Irish RM' in which a soldier comes to a strange country as the local magistrate. There's a lot of BDSM-y harem building, some sci-fi-ish elements and a decent amount of plot between the sex. There's no incest in the story, but it does feature the protagonist being attracted to both a woman and her mother. It's more of a novella at this point, at 70K words.

The second is much shorter, it's about a brief encounter between two athletes at the olympics. It's not an S&M story, but it certainly features a more dominant woman.

I have others, but they're in much rougher shape.

If you would love to read them and provide some private feedback, I would love to hear from you!

I'm of course quite happy to reciprocate. The only genre which I don't think I would be of much use with would be gay stories, though those involving transgendered persons would be quite fine.
 
Beta Readers Wanted

Hello,

I'm in the process of writing an erotic serial. It is slated for 13 episodes per season, and likely one special. The main character is a human female. She received a scholarship to Mythology University, MythU, and things get crazy from day one.

It includes non-human sex, and the story will explore various kinks. I'd call it "Monster Porn" lite, because while there is sex with "monsters," it is all consensual. My goal in writing the stories is to make them cute, fun & funny, and HAWT.

Each episode should be around 10,000 words.

If you're interested in beta reading, I'm looking for people who can offer specific feedback. Even if you just love the story, I'd like to know your favorite parts, etc. If something stands out as, odd, or just plain wrong, I need to hear about it. You can't hurt my feelings—unless you make things personal. I can't promise to implement your suggestions—final call goes to the author—but I promise to treat all comments and suggestions seriously.

PM me,

Kim
 
I am available for beta reading. PM me with details of the story to see if it is something I am interested in.
 
Last edited:
Hello, Folks
My first attempt at erotic storytelling has grown to 30,000 words.
It desperately needs reorganization and several scenarios filled out (meaning written)
I am a retired trial attorney with successful appeals under my belt. Won a few trials, too. Told a few stories along the way.
I don't need a lot of advice on how to rewrite it, but I need some.
Mainly, I need someone to give it a superficial review and tell me if they think other folks would be interested in reading it. Don't need guarantees, just indications that it might be interesting.
If it is all crap, then I won't waste time finishing it. Needs half again as much clean up as it took to write the original.
topic areas - castration, D/S, Threesome marriage, Spouses having sex outside the marriage.
 
I'm also available to betaread some texts while on my holiday. But please note:

- I will offer my advice and point out mistakes but it will be your job to fix them. (I.e. I'm not going to fix your commas)
- I won't do chapter stories: too much commitment. I can, however, help you start a chapter story.
- Other than that, all texts that follow Literotica guidelines are applicable, incl. poetry. However, keep in mind that I'm straight and have little knowledge of gay sex.
- I'm a slow reader and processing longer texts takes a while.
- PDF, please.

I will work on texts chronologically, one at a time. If you contact me, I will give you an estimate of when I will be able to begin working on your story or will at least tell you where you stand in the queue. Feel free to contact other editors/betareaders. I will try to reply within 24 h.

So send me pm if interested. Give me an idea of the kind of story it is, the current length and whether it is complete or under progress. I will provide you with my email address.
 
Swap stories?

Hi all,

After a long hiatus, real life sucks, I've finally got the bug back. I have quite a few stories that are in various stages, and I'm to the point of needing a different set of eyes besides my wife's.

I also have an abundance of time, and would be more than willing to do some beta reading/minor editing. Not into waste, gay male or heavy bdsm.

Drop me a pm if you're interested.

Thanks,

TNC.
 
Editor/Beta Reader?

Hello,
Most of my story chapters range from 5K-10K in length, averaging towards the lower end. I am looking for a beta reader (or two) who might be interested in my work. I've been writing and publishing on Literotica for a while now (2008) and some of my work has been pulled off for publication on another site in an epub format.
I am currently finishing up a series titled Once Upon A Bite So Sweet, now in the final chapter, and I could use a little help. PM me if you're available. The genre is currently TG & CD but this series overlaps into Non-human because of some of the characters involved.
Any editorial comments are always welcome, I try to comb through things thoroughly before releasing them to anyone or Literotica in general.
For a long time, I wrote exclusively in the TG/CD world but my work now seems to reflect a change in direction leaning to a genre that doesn't seem to appear on Literotica...oh well.
Thanks, and I hope to hear from someone soon....DW
 
This is a place, always open, where writers can find or offer to be a second set of eyes.

So write. And when you decide you need a second opinion, stop by and post your request. Be sure to give wordage and genre. Then sit back and watch for replies. Don't forget to have fun!


:rose:

First of all thank you Lynn for setting this up.
I have a "short" story running 183.7k words that I would like to get some feed back on. I have posted the first 2 chapters of it in the novel section but so far haven't gotten feedback. I had an editor but he is having real life issues and I haven't heard from him for about a while now. More than anything I need a fresh pair of eyes to look at it and tell me if there are any major plot holes I missed.

The story is called Plain Jane and deals with a biochemist who made a mistake on a perfume she was creating and anything she says to people around her become their reality. It deals with her struggle to keep from falling into the power trip game. This is a female/ female story line and sooner or later every male around her end up transsexuals or females.

Please feel free to send me a private message if you are willing to look at it. For the site I have it broken down into 30ish page chapters in word. But I also have the whole story in one file as a backup.

Kaereni
 
A beta Reader Here

i am a beta reader - cum editor or whatever you want to call me. i am also open to giving and listening to ideas etc. my favourite genres are male cuckolding, bestiality and incest ( mom-son) types is best. if this interests you you can message me here or on my email which is

Reminder:

* No e-mail addresses allowed in posts ~ personal info prohibited per forum guidelines.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for a Beta Reader

Hi!

I'm looking for someone who wouldn't mind taking a look at the first chapter of a proposed story.

I'm not looking for any editing (although I welcome all input), just overall thoughts and impressions.

Chapter one is complete and I'm well into chapter two.

The story falls into the incest category and the first chapter would be about 4 literotica pages long (if I'm estimating properly).

Please pm me if you're interested.

Thanks!
 
Beta reader

Hi!
I'd love to offer my services as a beta reader, as well as editing if desired.
I have been a newspaper editor in the past, and currently write my own non erotic work professionally as well as editing others professionally.

I'm mainly interested in BDSM, but am open to anything except incest/snuff/animals/scat.

PM me
 
HI! I'm looking for someone to read the first page (about 500 words) of a story I'm currently working on. I just want to know if the introduction makes you want to continue reading or if what I've written is complete garbage :p

I can send you a word doc or over PMs. Pm to know what you would prefer.
 
Secrets of Liberty Mountain (82,000 words)

I need an editor and/or BETA reader to help me get my updated story, "Secrets of Liberty Mountain (SoLM)," ready for Literotica. I submitted an update to the story a few weeks ago but it was rejected as a teaser (I had included a few off-site links which I have since removed).

I am here because I was advised to seek the assistance of an editor to ensure my submission meets Literotica standards and terms of service.

About a year ago (04/10/17) I posted the first 40,000 words to Literotica - and it was well received with 11,725 downloads and a rating of 4.79
https://www.literotica.com/s/secrets-of-liberty-mountain

Since last April I have added another 40,000 words to my ongoing saga and I would like to update my work-in-progress for the good readers of Literotica.

Any editor willing to help me?

Thanks in advance.
 

Attachments

  • literoca-cover-new.jpg
    literoca-cover-new.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 0
Beta readers for domination, mind control, magic/urban fantasy

I posted a thread in the Editor's Forum a few days ago, asking for edits, but now I've learned it's probably beta readers I need. So I'm posting here as well. I hope that's allowed. :)

Here's the link to the thread with the info: https://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1494514

To sum it up: Complete story, 30k words / 9 chapters. Protagonist female submissive. Domination, bondage, mind control, magical body modification, humiliation, oral, breath control, cum play and more.

Feedback would be much appreciated. More info in the thread. :)
 
Back
Top