Bohemian Bar for Beta-Readers

_Lynn_

Literotica Guru
This is a place, always open, where writers can find or offer to be a second set of eyes.

Come on in and pull up a stool, relax on some cushions or find a nice comfy chair. You can sip some absinthe or have a lovely espresso, raid the bar or grab a salty snack.

So write. And when you decide you need a second opinion, stop by and post your request. Be sure to give wordage and genre. Then sit back and watch for replies. Don't forget to have fun!

:rose:

Wait, this forum exists decades and there was noone ever before who asked for beta-readers? Wow, I feel kind of honored, even though I didn't really do anything.

Oh, people asked for readers, but I don't remember anyone who received a reply in an hour the way you did. Good job!

I'm available to read and offer an opinion on (but not edit) short stories under 5,000 words. Shoot me a PM if you need help.

I'll put my money where my mouth is :)

I'll read anything under 7500 words (Two Lit pages roughly) and no gay male or non erotic.

PM or reply here. But PMs are faster.

MF Urban Fantasy - 17.5k words

Hey I'm looking for a beta reader for the first chapter of my series. Its 17.5k words (about 5 lit pages). Just need to know if everything works and is compelling. In particular, I am interested for your take on the sex scene and ending.

Thanks.

Hey I'm looking for a beta reader for the first chapter of my series. Its 17.5k words (about 5 lit pages). Just need to know if everything works and is compelling. In particular, I am interested for your take on the sex scene and ending.

Thanks.

What's the genre? If it's something I like, I might give it a go.

It is urban fantasy. I've done 2 rounds of editing, so hopefully there isn't anything glaring left.

Hello! I'm looking for a beta-reader for the first few chapters of a novel length story (60,000ish words). It's a romance (alternating MF perspectives) that is also a sci-fi. It's not a fluffy tale, but also not heavy on science as I'm no expert, I just love all things action/sci-fi. The story is very long and I know it's a huge time commitment, so I'm mostly interested in help looking over the first few thousand words to see if the characters and story make sense enough that you'd want to read more, and if not, what sticks out as being a jarring problem. I've read the thing several times, and it's time for fresh eyes to have a look! Please PM me if you're interested. Thanks in advance!

Its an ongoing story. The last chapter was more than 10 000 words. I've finished a sex scene that is around 2000 words for the third chapter, that I would like a second opinion on, if anyone is willing.

I'll look at it, if you still need someone.

Requesting Beta Reader - Group Sex

Hi,
I have a 2 chapter story in the Group Sex category. Chapter 1 is approx. 8100 words, Chapter 2 is approx. 6100 words. I'd like an honest "review" before I post. Anyone interested?
Thanks,
Tex

Available

I am both a beta reader as well as an editor. so if you need such a person i can help. you may pm me and we can take it from there . any genre any size is fine with me.

Sure can edit for you. send me a private message here . will take it from there .

Hi,
I have a 2 chapter story in the Group Sex category. Chapter 1 is approx. 8100 words, Chapter 2 is approx. 6100 words. I'd like an honest "review" before I post. Anyone interested?
Thanks,
Tex

Beta-Readers Needed

Hello, I'm most-of-the-way finished with a multi-part series called The Will of the Gods. I *think* I'm just about finished with it. I'm posting here in the hopes that I can get a couple of pairs of eyes on it. Here's a quick plot synopsis:

The Lady Regina, future queen of Eldon, finds herself in the presence of an alluring captive. Despite the fact that neither her father or her betrothed believe her, she is positive that he is Gregar of Heilaun, the man who started a civil war to usurp her father's throne. In a cruel twist of fate, she discovers too late that he orchestrated his own capture in an attempt to claim her as his own and steal her father's throne. He intends to take her by right of the Ceremony, where the gods will assign her one of two fates: freedom, or eternal captivity. At the rebel encampment, Regina finds herself thrust into a world where nothing quite makes sense, and finds herself bound by something stronger than chains--an alluring mixture of pain and pleasure that, she discovers, may hold more temptation than her stolen crown.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

Hello, I'm most-of-the-way finished with a multi-part series called The Will of the Gods. I *think* I'm just about finished with it. I'm posting here in the hopes that I can get a couple of pairs of eyes on it. Here's a quick plot synopsis:

The Lady Regina, future queen of Eldon, finds herself in the presence of an alluring captive. Despite the fact that neither her father or her betrothed believe her, she is positive that he is Gregar of Heilaun, the man who started a civil war to usurp her father's throne. In a cruel twist of fate, she discovers too late that he orchestrated his own capture in an attempt to claim her as his own and steal her father's throne. He intends to take her by right of the Ceremony, where the gods will assign her one of two fates: freedom, or eternal captivity. At the rebel encampment, Regina finds herself thrust into a world where nothing quite makes sense, and finds herself bound by something stronger than chains--an alluring mixture of pain and pleasure that, she discovers, may hold more temptation than her stolen crown.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

Adding the word count might help.

Hi
I need someone to give a fresh look to the first few chapters of my novel. The novel is all written up and currently posting (at Chapter 22). It's had a lot of praise for the later chapters but feedback that early ones need editing. I've re-written these and am looking for someone to tell me if they work better now. Then I hope to re-post and get ardent fans to look back and tell me if they like the new versions.

The chapters are usually short, between 1 and 3 Lit pages, although one early scene-setting one runs to 5 Lit pages.

The novel is a feminist fantasy romance, lots of tossing of lace cuffs and heaving of bosoms by candlelight. In a feminist kind of way ;) Read it if you're wondering how that works!

Thank you!
:rose:

Back