Trump Approval Rating Continues to Climb

Boxlicker101

Licker of Boxes
It has now reached the point where it is tied with his highest ever.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/ga...ob=1798425_06182018&s=al&dkt_nbr=0101022h649w

I know Newsmax is not well-regarded but it is probably at least as honest as Slate or Mother Jones or Raw Story, or others that are cited on this forum. Besides this, The Gallup poll, which is being referenced here, is probably the most highly regarded opinion poll around.

These numbers will probably continue to climb, and reach their peak in November 2020, when Trump will blow away the Dem candidate for POTUS. 45% is not really remarkable, but it is in the face of what is probably the worst smear campaign in history by the MSM and the entertainment industry and other "progressive" institutions.

Well, I suppose it's not inconceivable that he gets re-elected; America was mad enough to elect him once, they could do so a second time. But I would've thought if he does get re-elected, it'll be another narrow win. He's too divisive a figure, and America is too polarised for him to be a transcendent, unifying leader. And if the economy goes south, which is entirely possible, he'd be toast.

From my relatively neutral perspective on the other side of the Atlantic, there seems to be something of the Emperor's new clothes about Trump. He is quite clearly a total and utter dope, completely out of his depth, and a crook too, but his aggressiveness and his anger appeals to a certain section of the electorate. Whether that'll be enough to see him re-elected, who knows?

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/ga...ob=1798425_06182018&s=al&dkt_nbr=0101022h649w

I know Newsmax is not well-regarded but it is probably at least as honest as Slate or Mother Jones or Raw Story, or others that are cited on this forum. Besides this, The Gallup poll, which is being referenced here, is probably the most highly regarded opinion poll around.

These numbers will probably continue to climb, and reach their peak in November 2020, when Trump will blow away the Dem candidate for POTUS. 45% is not really remarkable, but it is in the face of what is probably the worst smear campaign in history by the MSM and the entertainment industry and other "progressive" institutions.

How can you possibly justify supporting a man who is not only a pathological liar, but is an incredibly obvious one as well? He continues to spout out that the democrats are the reason children are being taken away from their parents. That is a blatant lie and has been exposed as one, yet he continues to keep telling that lie. Are you not insulted that, as a Trump supporter, your idol thinks your level of intelligence is such that he can keep telling lies and you won't know the difference?

Now he's demanding congress give him $25 billion for the border wall. The one that "Mexico is gonna pay for." Please explain that one to me. Massive tax cuts for billionaires and he's demanding that taxpayers foot the bill for the wall he PROMISED would not cost us a cent.

How can you possibly justify supporting a man who is not only a pathological liar, but is an incredibly obvious one as well?

This is Boxlicker you're talking about. He's fully capable still backing Trump. The man's dumb as a fence post.

I wish it were that we were only talking about Boxlicker. Sigh.

Still, through the years, there has been no poster to this discussion board that has caused more hair pulling than Boxlicker has over obtuse and stubborn stupidity.

This is Boxlicker you're talking about. He's fully capable still backing Trump. The man's dumb as a fence post.

I have never supported Trump as a person. I didn't vote for him in 2016 and very likely won't in 2020 either, although that depends on who else is running. If you look over my past comments about him, the closest I have come to a compliment was to say he was better than Silly Hilly would have been.

Occasionally, I have expressed disagreement with those who make unproven statements about him or ignore his accomplishments as POTUS, such as the big reduction in unemployment since he took office. I would do the same thing about anybody, even Silly Hilly.

Still, through the years, there has been no poster to this discussion board that has caused more hair pulling than Boxlicker has over obtuse and stubborn stupidity.

I like to think I have also caused a lot of masturbation with my contributions to this site. :D

Awesome!

If you say it, it means the complete opposite is true.

Did you happen to notice what Trump did with the Koreans? No? Maybe LSM didn't report it.

Funny how you think Trump is a pathological liar and yet he has made good on most of his campaign promises while Obama broke every one of his.

Keep drinking the LSM lemonade, lemmings, independent observation and success is something foreign to you.

BTW, didn't Obama seal his academic records while Trump graduated Wharton?

A billionaire vs a buffoon - that's what I see. Did Obama ever have a real job?

Didn't Clinton pass the law that you all are complaining about and yet didn't say a word thru Clinton, Bush, or Obama's terms? What's changed?

as i have often noted, you can still find people who think that hitler, stalin and pol pot were great men. that doesn't mean that they were.

Did you happen to notice what Trump did with the Koreans? No? Maybe LSM didn't report it.

Funny how you think Trump is a pathological liar and yet he has made good on most of his campaign promises while Obama broke every one of his.

Keep drinking the LSM lemonade, lemmings, independent observation and success is something foreign to you.

BTW, didn't Obama seal his academic records while Trump graduated Wharton?

A billionaire vs a buffoon - that's what I see. Did Obama ever have a real job?

Didn't Clinton pass the law that you all are complaining about and yet didn't say a word thru Clinton, Bush, or Obama's terms? What's changed?
Let's see… I think I heard something about Korea lately. Oh yes, Trump insulted and threatened a nuclear power. That was fun. Then he forgot or neglected to name a few ambassadors, because he alone can fix it. Then he set up a meeting to fix it, had some coins minted, then canceled. Sold a lot more coins that way. He eventually had the meeting to patch his cred after the G7, and he saluted the wrong soldier. He gave North Korea what it wanted, and got nothing but some pretty pictures in return. Maybe that's all Trump wanted, besides selling the coins.

Trump's campaign promises include:
Building a southern border wall, with Mexico paying for it.
Repealing Obamacare.
Replacing Obamacare with something much better for everyone.
Fixing immigration, not making it worse.
Replacing the Iran nuclear deal.

He hasn't been able to lie his way out of any of these promises yet.

Obama was a teacher and a politician for years before he was elected President. He was far better prepared for the job of President than Trump was, or is even now.

Trump salutes North Koreans. Trump congratulates Putin. Trump has nice things to say about Erdogan, Netanyahu, Duterte, el-Sissi and Xi Jinping. Trump tries and fails to bully US allies with tariffs and swagger. Trump is a brat who wants to play with the big boys, and he has thrown America's status into the compost bin. He is still not Presidential after seventeen months on the job.

Everything in this post is supported by reports from Fox News.

When it comes to leadership, Obama couldn't carry Trump's bathwater.

There is another thread in the general board citing Trump's accomplishments, I won't repeat them here - and these accomplishments were in the face of others like you.

There is another thread in the general board citing Trump's accomplishments, I won't repeat them here - and these accomplishments were in the face of others like you.
This is the Politics Board. Trump has no accomplishments here.

Funny, you people only doubt Trump's sources if it makes him look like a total fool; now if it makes him look good, or even decent, you believe the source - it's like The Bible you fools choose to believe in, pick and choose which parts you like.

You guys are drinking his bathwater, there's nothing to carry!

tumblr_lxpj6grFIe1qcaomb.gif

There is another thread in the general board citing Trump's accomplishments, I won't repeat them here

Because you can't. If they actually existed, like in something tangibly notable, you'd have done so as a proud Cheeto fanboi instead of settling on yap. :D

Back