Still "Beta"... Erotic Illustrations section

THROBBS

I am Fauve
Joined
Jul 4, 2007
Posts
19,386
I went back to check the (FOREVER in "Beta") Erotic Illustrations section of Literotica (not part of the "Bulletin Boards")

and it is still over run with "enhanced" (filtered) photos..or digitally traced photos...or very crude drawings. There have been (still are) some skillful pieces, here and there.

Oh well.

"scores" are still not functioning.
No "vetting" process, that I can tell. (I assume that if the content violates rules, it won't be posted).

No categories beyond "Adult Comics" - Multi-panel erotic comics. and "Erotic Art" - Erotic artworks & illustrations

COULD have "media" categories: digital, mixed, sculpture, drawings (b/w color), paintings (oil, water color, acrylic...)

Subject: Male, Female, Couples, groups....
Themes: (like with stories) Fantasy, Sci-fi, Romance, Masturbation, Toys, Rough, Bondage....

Searching is near impossible. having tags at least would help, and scoring would at least provide some "pop" filtering... with the "best" rising to the top.

Yes, I have made suggestions (as requested):rolleyes:
 
This is the first I've heard of it, so thanks for bringing it up. My first thought is that it will be like the Story library where a wide range of experience will be noticeable. Over time, one would think that the word would spread and other artists might find their way here. The chance of some really great submission would probably increase. (I've never even thought to do a search for such a web site...maybe there are others already out there?)

On another note; I am not a great writer, photographer or artist...but I appreciate having a place to explore myself. I doubt if I would take the time to write stories if I had no place to share them...and I would have lost a valuable insight into my own soul if that were the case. I hope the Erotic Illustrations section comes to fruition.

A potential problem is stolen work, similar to what is happening with on the Lit Story Library. This risk may prevent an artist who sells art from risking it...except maybe as a way to advertise by posting some samples, etc. It seems art work is more tempting to steal than stories.
 
I think that it has possibilities, but it has been a l-o-n-g time coming...
(5 1/2 YEARS since Manu's post, and I have pestered since about 2000)
Naturally LITerotica's priority is LIT.

I've done some looking on the past, but you tend to have high quality with lowish eroticism (more "legit" illustrators) or something like "deviantart" (which is not very "deviant" — they have guidelines prohibiting quite a bit. and there is a huge spectrum of quality. Or you can find "bathroom stall"- '"quality" imagery.

Stealing/plagiarism IS a big issue. IF that is a concern, one can always use watermarks.
 
Is anyone else in my situation?

I'm a writer and not a skilled artist by any means, but I have a ton of art that I've commissioned as companions for my stories. I have full permission to post them wherever I like as long as I credit the artists, but I find myself unable to post them here because of the rules against including links in the pictures or the descriptions.

I feel like trying to convince artists to migrate to what is primarily a literature site is futile, it's far better suited to illustrations and covers for stories in the literature section of the site, but the restrictions prevent it from operating in that way unless the author in question is a proverbial multi-instrumentalist and can both draw and write at a suitable level.

Mostly I'm just griping about not being able to show my readers on Lit the great art I have without directing them to my website, which is itself difficult, I wish they would at least allow a URL in the picture.
 
You could send a private message to Manu and/or Laurel
and make the suggestion...

Or contact the artists you have employed and suggest that THEY post on LIT.
 
Back
Top