What's for dinner?

Eggplant parm and cold shrimp with Key Lime Pie.

I don't see that I've shared this so...

Unbreaded Eggplant Parm

Preheat oven to 400. Peel a medium eggplant and slice in one inch thick rounds. Brush both sides with a good extra virgin olive oil and saute in a skillet for five minutes over medium heat on each side. Spray a glass pie plate with cooking spray and put a layer of a half cup of seasoned tomato sauce. Place the eggplant in then coat with another half cup of tomato sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan then a cup of shredded whole milk mozzarella. Bake for fifteen minutes.

Simple Tomato Sauce

Combine one eight ounce can of unsalted tomato sauce with 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, a pinch of sugar, 1 teaspoon of basil and 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder and oregano.

It's actually better the second day.

I made a sandwich tonight - Braunschweiger (spelling?) and Swiss on Sourdough toast, with a bit of Gulden's mustard. Along with tortilla chips and a Mexican coke - made with cane sugar instead of the corn syrup sweetener that US made coke has been using ever since the 'new coke' debacle.

I love the coke with sugar, it gives the 'bite' that coke had when I was a kid.

Eggplant parm and cold shrimp with Key Lime Pie.

I don't see that I've shared this so...

Unbreaded Eggplant Parm

Preheat oven to 400. Peel a medium eggplant and slice in one inch thick rounds. Brush both sides with a good extra virgin olive oil and saute in a skillet for five minutes over medium heat on each side. Spray a glass pie plate with cooking spray and put a layer of a half cup of seasoned tomato sauce. Place the eggplant in then coat with another half cup of tomato sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan then a cup of shredded whole milk mozzarella. Bake for fifteen minutes.

Simple Tomato Sauce

Combine one eight ounce can of unsalted tomato sauce with 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, a pinch of sugar, 1 teaspoon of basil and 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder and oregano.

It's actually better the second day.
Thanks MP :kiss: I have to try this, sounds delicious.

Tonight I cooked onions in butter then added sweet Italian sausage patties while I roasted cut up potatoes that I coated with garlic, soy sauce and a little olive oil.

I left enough caramelized onions to add to omelets for breakfast tomorrow!

Tonight is honey brined grilled chicken, zucchni, red bell pepper and sweet onion marinated in Italian dressing then grilled, chips and strawberry shortcake for dessert.

Dinner was nothing special - green salad and cold shrimp - but dessert was vanilla ice cream with fresh, ripe, strawberries and chocolate ganache. Total mid week decadence.

Just had my early supper/dinner. Hebrew National beef Hotdogs, heated in skillet with butter. I buttered my buns (no, not those buns, the dog buns,) and put them in the skillet to heat up.

Then when the dog was hot and a few lines of burn marks, I took the bun out and loaded it with Gulden's spicy brown mustard and pickle relish. Dog on the bun, add a Mexican bottled coke (made with sugar not corn syrup) on the side, some "Ruffles" low fat chips and chowed down.

I know, dogs and coke isn't a cordon bleau meal, but it hits the spot, especially since I don't have them often.

In a few I'm having some lactose free Bryers ice cream for desert while as I watch "Kelly's Heros" yet one more time.

Simple dinner of western style ribs cooked in the oven with a side salad.

Went out to dinner before getting groceries tonight - a nice salad, meatball sliders and some fries at a local grille. Okay, and a glass of wine.

Sunday dinner was grilled. Marinated chicken, zucchini, red bell pepper and onion, potatoes with butter and garlic in a tin. Fresh strawberries for dessert. What we're going to eat later, I'm still not sure. Depends on whether I can grill again or if the weather goes south.

Sunday dinner was grilled. Marinated chicken, zucchini, red bell pepper and onion, potatoes with butter and garlic in a tin. Fresh strawberries for dessert. What we're going to eat later, I'm still not sure. Depends on whether I can grill again or if the weather goes south.

:D That's a nice spread. What kind of marinade/seasoning did you use?

The kids are taking me to a brewpub for dinner tonight, and the menu there is salads, brats and 1/2-pound burgers. I'll probably do a green chile brat then work it off bowling.

The kids are taking me to a brewpub for dinner tonight, and the menu there is salads, brats and 1/2-pound burgers. I'll probably do a green chile brat then work it off bowling.

Happy Father's Day! That sounds fun. Believe it or not I've never had a salad and a burger together, always with fries or alone but never with a salad.

I'm assuming the burger was great. How was the beer? Bowling is the desert on top, I used to be good at bowling.

For dinner tonight I had chicken souvlaki with rice and a feta cheese salad.

Happy Father's Day! That sounds fun. Believe it or not I've never had a salad and a burger together, always with fries or alone but never with a salad.

I'm assuming the burger was great. How was the beer? Bowling is the desert on top, I used to be good at bowling.

I had a brat instead of the burgers, and it was good. The beer was a Wit and a little short on character. Bowling was fun, though I couldn't pick up a spare to save my life.

Back