Disney Heroes [Recruitment Thread]

Another random thought -

I mentioned the Muses being a girl group prior, but seeing as they're goddesses, maybe their music could contain subliminal messages to those in the city who could be a Sentinel/warn of a big bad?
 
Maybe. They would be endangering themselves to do so though. But it just makes for more villainy.

I am so eager to start this...and I may just write the IC tonight. I can no longer wait and I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this excited.
 
Hey, I'm just throwing ideas out there while they're on my mind. I'm sure once the story actually starts, I'll have nothin'.

Speaking of, will be retooling Madame's profile later this evening. She seems a tad...fish out of water in comparison to everyone else, and I want to make a few tweaks so she can actually play a role.

-A.
 
Fine. I'll hold off on starting it. There are writers who are retweaking their profiles still. I'll give everyone until Friday to be absolutely done with their profiles.
 
I never posted them up lol. I just colored them blue to trick you.

I'll start setting up the urls now. :D

Links are up now. ;)
 
Last edited:
I'm also refining Belle. She should be done by tonight or tomorrow. Which probably means I'll have a random, tangent hopping backstory/ideas that'll eat up several pages. =P

HC, nothing to stop you from writing an GM opener. I bet you already started, you devil. :D
 
I'm also refining Belle. She should be done by tonight or tomorrow. Which probably means I'll have a random, tangent hopping backstory/ideas that'll eat up several pages. =P

HC, nothing to stop you from writing an GM opener. I bet you already started, you devil. :D

Actually, I haven't. We still need Stitch's profile and for everyone to be satisfied with their characters.
 
So I have been working on a bio for Stitch and it is a concept I like, I really do, I was taking a Frankensteinesque approach to it and having this stitched together experiment of a person who is only a few months old and learning to experience the world. My problem is there is no personality and its just kinda boring.

What I really loved as a concept is not really working as well as I hoped in execution. So I thought I would ask for your guys opinion on the matter. Do I A0 force through it and do this character. B) Go with my back up villain of Oogie Boogie or C) Go with my back up hero or Kim Possible.

Feel free to give your honesrt opion, I'll try not to go cry in the corner :) If you think you have a better idea or a slot that needs filling by all means all thoughts and ideas welcome.
 
So I have been working on a bio for Stitch and it is a concept I like, I really do, I was taking a Frankensteinesque approach to it and having this stitched together experiment of a person who is only a few months old and learning to experience the world. My problem is there is no personality and its just kinda boring.

What I really loved as a concept is not really working as well as I hoped in execution. So I thought I would ask for your guys opinion on the matter. Do I A0 force through it and do this character. B) Go with my back up villain of Oogie Boogie or C) Go with my back up hero or Kim Possible.

Feel free to give your honesrt opion, I'll try not to go cry in the corner :) If you think you have a better idea or a slot that needs filling by all means all thoughts and ideas welcome.

Ya know Stitch was an alien right? I figured I should do the obvious cause I'm good with those. =P

But leaving the alien to the side, the Frankenstein effect should be cool. It may be good to give your Stitch an uncontrollable drive. Like, whatever he/it experiences in the first few days can really explode into driving needs/desires that form it into whatever. Original Frankenstein either wanted love or to be accepted as human.

Personally, I would go with whatever character flows with the most ideas. It doesn't matter if it goes together well. You can make that happen. Whether or not your excited by the character, who they are and what they can be--that's something only you know. Pick something that makes your brain go wild with ideas.
 
Yes I am well aware he is an alien :D

His backstory is prefixed with a 'who or what created him' His body is covered in scar tissue and has 626 tattooed just under his wrist. I cant help but feeling he's just too bland and an ill fit if you get me. All the other characters seem to be briming with personality and have a character who isn't so easily played off as hes more a blank state may not be the best idea. All feedback helps though.
 
Mmm, sometimes characters require a little more thought than we initially intended :)

I'm thinking that you should go with Stitch. Instead of literally stitched together, he could be a failed (or successful) out of a series of clones, or a cyborg.

In the movie, Stitch's original personality was that of a being made for nothing but destruction: he has to learn over the course of the film to relate to others around him, and to respond to feelings and emotions he wasn't intended to have, surprising himself and his creator.

So maybe think of why your character would have been created, and frame his backstory around the idea that he's trying to break his conditioning or better understand why he was made a certain way - why was he made in a world that he doesn't apparently fit in? Maybe he was meant as a weapon of mass destruction - fireproof, explosion proof, hell, the only thing he couldn't do was swim. So, maybe he's released on the city by an unknown power, looking to destroy it - only to find out that there are things there that he enjoys (like, I dunno, ice cream?) and he doesn't want to. Or something unexpected stops him.

Just throwing that out there. :)
 
I think Stitch should get addicted to amusement parks, skateboarding, surfing and junk food.

Apollo's ideas sound great. =D
 
In my honest opinion, you should completely ditch the Frankenstein concept because no matter how you think you are seeing it, you are no longer making Stitch. You are making something entirely different.

If you decide to go with a Stitch concept, then I think he should be like Rocket Racoon. He can be calm but get a high or fall into mania whenever there's a battle or destruction involved. He could be one of those special-case good guys where they try to be helpful but are super reckless. The kind of guy you want to get involved as a last resort lol. He could be learning from his teammates how to control his wild side.

He's a genius with advanced tech and alien technology. He would more than likely be the alien liaison of the group when they have alien encounters/attacks.

I don't know if you want to play out him freshly coming to Earth and not doing the whole Hawaii thing. I mean, he could have landed there, but if you do fresh-slate, then he could land in Crown City like in the harbor or in the rural country and the Hero League's first mission could be to go investigate it. He could be regarded as evil at first because he's rigged for destruction, but after they subdue him, they could learn more about each other.

Beware of villains exploiting such a mission. I'm sure they all would see the mysterious comet that soared over Crown City whether outside or on the news.

I also think Kim Possible would be very interesting.
 
Last edited:
How about mashing it up?

He can be an alien who crash landed and had to be stitched together. After his resuscitation he goes berserk as a part of his brain was injured leaving him in destruction mode. This rampage brings him under the heroes' radar and they subdue him. As they keep him around, his brain slowly starts to regenerate and certain bionic implant fail safes kicks in which restores his original personality.
 
All right; this is going to be the rule from now on because I don't want villains going around doing what they want, causing whatever problems they want. The only reason is because I have had several people PM me with villainous ideas, and I don't want everyone causing mayhem at the same time within the same day. We're going to have a tagging system that you guys are going to use for your characters. It will say what day it is and the time the situation is happening. The situation doesn't have to be heroic. It can be something normal such as grocery shopping. Basically, if you post your character at "this location" at "this time" on "this day." Then we know that is where the character is at that point in time.

If Bob is shopping at 12:00 PM, and Sally is rescuing kittens from a fire at 4:00 PM, then Bob can post helping Sally at 4:00 PM, even though his last post was about shopping at noon. The reason is because the situation is happening 4 hours later.

Do NOT have conflicting times and dates. If you already have a situation going on that conflicts with a situation on the same day, then you won't be able to participate in that other one. So please keep track of the time and dates. Here is an example of the tag header that will go above everyone's post.

Code:
[b]Character Name:[/b] The actual name of your character 
[B]Hero/Villain Name:[/b] Their super hero or super villain name.
[B]Date/Time:[/b] What day and time is your current post taking place in/on.
[B]Location:[/b] Where is your character in the post. Be specific if necessary. Saying your character is in "Africa" is not a specific enough location if you want other characters to join you.
[B]Tagging:[/b] Who is your character talking to directly? You will list the names of those characters here. [B]Mentioned:[/b] Who is your character thinking about or mentioning in this lost? This is not direct communication.

All villains will just have to come to me with their idea for mayhem, and tell me the date and time they want to do it. I know that we are starting the game in the month of March 2016.

Players can use whatever date or time in the month of March to play out story lines. I will move us along when necessary.
 
I support Hotcider's idea. Making him an alien figure with issues can be a good starting point for all of us. As I know both heroes and villains alike will be interested in this new extraterrestrial being.

Since we apparently have, three wealthy and influential men (at least mentioned) in the person of Donovan Blake, Lord Dustin Colby and Hercules Zenith. Its not unnatural to expect some sort of competition between the trio. Business competition of course, since they won't be aware of each others secret potential.

Belle has something with the Beast.
I'm hoping for the snow queen Elsa and the Prince of Power Hercules to develop a thing. If that's fine with you heartofcourage.

Oh and lastly, I can't wait for this to kick off.
 
I have no problem with Elsa getting involved. I was thinking she would be more like the Bruce Wayne of the group...pulled in only when she's needed.
 
I support Hotcider's idea. Making him an alien figure with issues can be a good starting point for all of us. As I know both heroes and villains alike will be interested in this new extraterrestrial being.

Since we apparently have, three wealthy and influential men (at least mentioned) in the person of Donovan Blake, Lord Dustin Colby and Hercules Zenith. Its not unnatural to expect some sort of competition between the trio. Business competition of course, since they won't be aware of each others secret potential.

Belle has something with the Beast.
I'm hoping for the snow queen Elsa and the Prince of Power Hercules to develop a thing. If that's fine with you heartofcourage.

Oh and lastly, I can't wait for this to kick off.

Okay, so there is a connection between Belle and Beast but that's it. Whether or not anything else develops will be determined by how we play out our stories. That's the fun! Everyone having different ideas and seeing how we can mash them up together. Hopefully more of a cohesive falling together of pieces rather than rampaging mismatched shapes into the wrong shaped holes. =P

My goal today is to finalize Belle and write a post that I've been fiddling with more than writing. :rolleyes: I'd poke myself in the ribs but really, that's just silly. Haha
 
I feel like the majority of the cast are "badass loners" -- cause really. Loads of ego, attitude and etc.

Then there's Gene. Bwahaha
 
Back
Top