Submissive- Is it Subservience?

BubblyBookworm

SITH❤︎IN❤︎THE❤&
Does submission equate with subservience in all aspects of life?

I am curious to hear people's ideas.

No.

As one friend of mine used to say to her wife & domme: "Mistress, take the fucking garbage out!"

No. Just because I’m submissive does not mean I’m going to bend to just anyone’s will or request...

I'm only submissive in the bedroom. Far too independent and brattish for it to work in my real life, as much as the brat works in the bedroom, I could never be told what to do or ordered. If I'm not in the mood to be dominated I'll be feisty as fuck if you try

The two are not synonymous.

Without going all Websters, being someone's submissive means to yield to a chosen person who is stronger or more dominant. It doesn't mean being the carpet for the dominant or anyone to walk all over.

How much submission is dependent upon the person submitting. The dominant has no say.

Subservient can be a "subset" of submissiveness, but it's not the whole. I know several people who will not tolerate bad behavior from their D and who aren't shy about saying something. On the other side of the coin, those same people will allow their D to require they do things, or act in certain ways, and they will comply without hesitation.

SHE is my equal. That she allows me to lead means she trusts my judgment, self control, and abilities. It doesn't mean SHE is "lesser" than I.

The two are not synonymous.

Without going all Websters, being someone's submissive means to yield to a chosen person who is stronger or more dominant. It doesn't mean being the carpet for the dominant or anyone to walk all over.

How much submission is dependent upon the person submitting. The dominant has no say.

Subservient can be a "subset" of submissiveness, but it's not the whole. I know several people who will not tolerate bad behavior from their D and who aren't shy about saying something. On the other side of the coin, those same people will allow their D to require they do things, or act in certain ways, and they will comply without hesitation.

SHE is my equal. That she allows me to lead means she trusts my judgment, self control, and abilities. It doesn't mean SHE is "lesser" than I.
Does this mean that Sissy Salina is submissive and subservient at the same time?
sissy will do anything She request of sissy or obey anyone She wishes sissy to obey but sissy will not just obey anyone.

Without going all Websters, being someone's submissive means to yield to a chosen person who is stronger or more dominant.

Maybe you should have checked Websters. Not sure if they have a better definition, but it couldn't be worse either.

It doesn't mean being the carpet for the dominant or anyone to walk all over.

It doesn't make you less submissive when you are a carpet for anyone.

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE SO IMPORTANT THAT YOUR LETTERS SHOULD BE THREE TIMES THE SIZE OF EVERYONE ELSE'S?

Depends on what you like.

Without getting all Hallmark / Lifetime movie on this, thinking of myself as submissive in all aspects of my life vs. just being a bedroom submissive or sub to one person gave me some space to see myself in a different light.

I like to think I'm submissive all the time. Not just during sex. Not just with one person in that specific relationship.

As I navigated the whole "what does being submissive mean to me" -- I discovered the service aspect turned me on a lot. Whod've thunk it? I'm kind of a selfish bitch.

The idea that I could use this submissive part of me in all areas of my life made me think about being quieter, more thoughtful, put other people's needs ahead of mine. I liked this new side of me. Not that I was this horrifying bully before. But it just gave me pause. I used to (and still do.. it's a work in progress) overreact to everything. Created unneeded drama. I was the loudest one in the room. Now, I like to think I listen more. Lend a hand more often. Pay it forward more.

It's not like I announced to everyone in my life - hey! Now I'm submissive! I'd love to come over and mow your lawn. It's been a pretty gradual change. I was single for a long time but I still felt submissive. Just because I didn't have a dominant partner, did that mean I stopped being submissive?

Ultimately, it's whatever works for you.

No. Sure someone CAN be both submissive and subservient. But enjoying a man being in control or authoritative in the bedroom does not mean that a woman is going to bend to his will and "serve" him in every aspect of life.

NO.

I am sexually submissive.. but I am not really subservient at all. I am a powerful dominant person in my public life, but I am also a helper and teacher and love to do just what is needed. But I am not "servile" I could never be in a 24/7 D/s relationship and the idea of being a slave creeps me out. that is just me. I know it works for others.

No.

Submission can take many shades and forms. There's a lot of stuff that can qualify as being submissive - even in vanilla sex, one partner can be submissive. In BDSM it can be limited to bedroom playsessions. And then, yes, sometimes it migrates into an everyday life in form of servitude.

Also, it's possible to be subservient to someone while having a 100% vanilla sexual life.

Servitude is just one small aspect that can go along with themes of submission.:cattail:

p.s. Primalex - only answering when can bully or demean someone.:D

Does this mean that Sissy Salina is submissive and subservient at the same time?
sissy will do anything She request of sissy or obey anyone She wishes sissy to obey but sissy will not just obey anyone.

Subservience is the willingness to serve.
Submission is the yielding of control and authority.

WE ALL submit to the cops when they tell us to do something. Submission is passive.

We are subservient to those whom we desire an outcome from and act towards achieving that outcome. Subservience is active.

Submission is to yield. Subservience is to act. They are not mutually exclusive, and are often tangled and interchanged, which makes discussion of the subjects difficult.

Maybe you should have checked Websters. Not sure if they have a better definition, but it couldn't be worse either.

It doesn't make you less submissive when you are a carpet for anyone.

More gobbledygook from the cheap seats. Honestly, couldn't you have tried a little harder to convince them to deny you parole?. ;)

Why not? What's the difference, to you?

Why does subservience get such a bad rap??

There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, but personally I'm very independent and irreverent and just can't take the idea.

I agree they go together but I don't see how one has to imply the other.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, but personally I'm very independent and irreverent and just can't take the idea.

I agree they go together but I don't see how one has to imply the other.

I wasn't implying wrong or right or really anything.

I was wondering what you thought was the difference was.

I wasn't implying wrong or right or really anything.

I was wondering what you thought was the difference was.

Ah well there it is. Sometimes this stuff seems to come from nowhere with no apparent logic, but I think that's it.

Ah well there it is. Sometimes this stuff seems to come from nowhere with no apparent logic, but I think that's it.

hahaha. I have no idea what you mean. I'm guessing you have SOME logic for how you feel. Anyways. Moot point.

Back