A sense of wonder

dongtac

Virgin
Joined
Sep 17, 2017
Posts
1
You are from Compton. That which was it like becoming an adult there?

It had been awesome, but many of gang activity. Sometimes I could not go outdoors because my granny wouldn't allow me to.

How have you enter into skateboarding and just how old had you been? what size of skateboard should i get

My pal were built with a board and I did previously skate it, and since I began on a single I loved it. Never imagined it might take me to this point.

That which was the first skateboard?

It had been a Mongoose from JC Cent.

You appear pretty sports. The other sports have you enter into when becoming an adult?

Not necessarily any. I had been a flipper I did previously backflip off roofs, and that i loved watching Ninja Turtles.

No question you decide to go into hands springs when bailing methods lower rails.

Yeah. I personally use it not receiving hurt, but may it does not work this way.

Who have been some pro skateboarders you researched to whenever you were becoming an adult?

I researched to Adrian Lopez, Jamie Thomas, Heath Kirchart, Andrew Reynolds, and lots of others.

How about now? Still exactly the same guys?

I love Mike Mo Capaldi. I skate with him within the Valley. That dude is actually awesome.

Will you that Globe contest this season in Sydney, Australia?

No, but this past year would be a blast! This season I am remaining in LA and skating. Looking to get lots of footage, and skating with Billy Marks a great deal.

Have you have some fun in the one this past year?

This past year would be a blast with Chet Thomas, the Darkstar crew, and also the Globe guys. It had been sad within the finish, though, and i believe everyone knows why. Skate in peace as well as in Paradise, Geebet!

You possess an NWA tattoo by your side. Are you currently lower with Northwest Airlines?

I am lower on their behalf if they're lower for me personally.

That which was the first tattoo and just what others have you got?

The skateboard on my small arm, and today I've got a full arm sleeve. I am getting "Compton" on my small in old British letters. That needs to be real soon!

Have you got any gang tats or skateboard tats?

Gang tats? Hell no. My granny would kill me, and my father. He accustomed to bang, though. I am super over that shit.

I have seen you putting on Slayer t-shirts. When have you enter into hearing them?

I have been into them since twelfth grade. Everybody thought I had been crazy in school.

Ever see Slayer live?

Two times. Vestal watches hooked up with Chet before. I had been wasted from my thoughts. I was falling lower within the stands, damn near killing ourselves.

I'd an opportunity to take a look at your ipod device, however for someone who has not scrolled through it, how does one explain your own music selection?

It is simply things i pay attention to. When I am mad I pay attention to stuff that calm my nerves, however when I am happy all hell breaks loose. I recieve pretty crazy when I am hearing something good right, Mike Sinclair? He'll let you know.

Is your real human hair, or extensions?
fortgeschrittene-skateboard-trick-tipps-flat.jpg


It's both my real human hair and extensions, but I haven't got them any longer. Seriously, I work off before Used to do this interview. Now my head's freezing.

How can you obtain the crimson extensions inside? Could it be costly? Are you currently high maintenance or what?

My Sister did them. The only real factor that sucks gets them and taking them out it requires seriously all day long.

You need to operate a Mohawk.

I needed to, however i don't believe I'm able to really accomplish it.

You may be the Mr T of best complete skateboard. What sort of vehicle would you drive? I hear it's vibrant orange.

It is a 2007 Mustang, grabber orange. Used to do additional stuff into it, just like a gear nick, but it is already a watch catcher for that cops.

They'd challenging on KOTR this season, 30 points to obtain a weave.

It had been known as Terrel's Tresses. That's tight, huh? Which was rad!

Are photographers and filmers scared to shoot photos individuals at spots in Compton?

Yeah. I've some sick spots there and absolutely nothing may happen when we visit. Many people are simply scared. There's a couple of things I wish to do and individuals are just like, "Terrel you are tripping. I ain't going there."

Is Compton that sketchy?

Hell yeah, 24/7. However if you simply think before them they do not bother you. It appears like everybody likes skateboarding nowadays, so that they will not wreck havoc on the skaters.

How about you and also Chet Thomas arm wrestling for any pay raise?

No. Chet and me are a couple of gangstas you won't want to fuck with. Just kidding. I enjoy arm wrestle--even when I lose, it isn't any macho shit. Chris Cole beat us a couple of occasions.

Who's the very best black skater inside your opinion? Terry Kennedy?

Without a doubt. That's my role dog. Initially when i first saw that ad, I had been like, "What the heck!Inch That shit is gangsta only TK and Baker can pull something of that nature off.

Who're your all-time top 5 favorite skaters?

Reynolds, Tave, Mike Mo, Jamie Thomas, and Nyjah. All excellent skateboarders who do it now.

Who's your skate posse when you are skating around LA?

The Valley Demons. No, really it's often my pal Hermy, Sage, along with a senior high school buddy, Picky.

How have things been because you got on Darkstar?

I am psyched, things are awesome. Chet's always getting us travel together and there isn't any drama. It is good going with they and everybody handles their shit.

Who's crazier, you or Dyet?

Dyet. He's by himself mission. Dyet, without a doubt!

Are you aware who Steve Steadham is?

No. Who's he? So why do you may well ask?

You will need to do your homework on your own with that one! What have you got planned for 2008?

Keep skateboarding and doing whatever God blesses me with, like my granny always explained. As lengthy when i keep skating and providing people something to consider, I will be happy.

What's your sponsor fall into line best complete skateboards?

Darkstar, Fallen, Split, Vestal, Dragon eyewear, Active, and Destructo.

Got worthwhile Jamie Thomas tales?

Really, I haven't got any myself however i have come across some, and I am not likely to hug and tell. Several things be more effective left unsaid.
 
Last edited:
And evereyone locks their doors around here
and I don't know why.
Are they scared that their books will try and leave
or that new ones will try and get in?
Or are they scared of drunken fools
stumbling in and assulting them in their sleep?
No, it's not that. These boys are scared of something else
pure social interaction coupled with a simple hello.

~~~~~
First poem shared. Critique it to death if you see fit.
welcome to the forum and for sharing your first :)
i will come back to go through this and drop my impressions as soon as i can. really like the concept of the books leaving/new ones trying to get in.
 
And evereyone locks their doors around here
and I don't know why.
Are they scared that their books will try and leave
or that new ones will try and get in?
Or are they scared of drunken fools
stumbling in and assulting them in their sleep?
No, it's not that. These boys are scared of something else
pure social interaction coupled with a simple hello.

~~~~~
First poem shared. Critique it to death if you see fit.

hi, my comments below are only my opinion, take or leave with no offense offered. if you find something useful, great, if not, at least you've seen how it was seen by another reader :)

The initial And is not something i'm anti - i personally like how it can lead into a read as if mid-thought, an ongoing conversation between the narrator and reader. does it add anything to this write? what do you feel it brings?

i'd say you can afford to drop both 'and's, L's 1&2, without it hurting the piece. by doing so, however, it creates a more abrupt introduction, maybe makes me sit up a little more, prick my mental ears. also, typo in L1 - everyone.

Everyone locks their doors round here.
I don't know why.

I especially like L's 3&4, the images they conjure and the thoughts they engender. could trim a word or two.

Scared their books will try and leave
or new ones will get in?

a slight rejigging of your words tidies L's 5&6 and corrects that typo:

Are they scared that drunken fools
will stumble in, assault them in their sleep?

L7 answers the why though L2 says the narrator does not know why - small conflict. if you re-pose L's 7&8 as questions, that eliminates the conflict. also, the way it's written now feels like it needs refining - pure social interaction' feels clunky. it's possible you could merge the 2 lines and sum it up in one with the question, something like this:

Or could it be these boys are scared of something else -
the warmth of a simple hello?


which would give you:

Everyone locks their doors around here.
I don't know why.
Scared their books will try and leave
or new ones will get in?
Are they scared that drunken fools
will stumble in, assault them in their sleep?
Or could it be these boys are scared of something else -
the warmth of a simple hello?
 
Last edited:
My suggestion, piggybacking on butters' excellent comments:

"No, it's not that. These boys are scared
of something else that will not shake a hand."

"Hello" is redundant because the handshake contextually is a greeting.

"Pure social interaction" is a bit too general, whereas a "handshake" isn't.

Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of good folk here who enjoy reading what others write and learning from each other.
 
Good general comments from both Butters (whom I consider a master in economy of means) and greenmountaineer (whom I consider a poet that can put into words anything that takes his fancy). Me on the other hand cannot connect with the poem emotionally cause the world it describes I hate and I am trying to avoid as much as I can, but still I can connect with it intellectually and so far as that goes, I liked the poem as is, but still think that Butters is more Spartan in expression (to me that is more immediate and to the point).
Welcome to the forum, I look forward to more from you.
 
sent them a pm in case they didn't notice the replies *shrugs*
 
Back
Top