Looking for help getting out of a plot hole

TehCorinthian

Virgin
Joined
Jan 20, 2015
Posts
4
So, back in September I got inspired and wrote a story about a guy capturing a fox spirit and having sex with her, which I edited down a bit and posted in NonCon. In November I decided to try and expand that story into a longer work, since I'd gotten a few requests for a sequel. Links to the story as posted are at the end of the post if you'd like to read it over.

The problem I'm having is that the characters took control of the story and changed it (for the better) near the end of the first chapter of the sequel. I'm looking for a 2nd (or 3rd, 4th, etc) set of eyes to help me figure out how to solve the problems I created for myself.

Basically, I was originally planning on focusing on the difficulties of keeping a fox spirit in the modern world. I was going to have the human protagonist deal with things like the news media, attempts by rich assholes to buy/kidnap the fox spirit, etc. Instead he's now dealing with an awakened conscience over the fact that keeping the fox spirit captive is morally wrong and his guilt over raping her. So, I'm looking for some help figuring my way out of a couple corners I've written myself into. Specifically:

1) still providing sex scenes (this is Lit after all) without betraying my characters moral awakening.
2) figuring out a way for the protagonist to set the fox spirit free that actually requires him to work and sacrifice to do it

I'll put the links to what I've already posted here; following this will be a reply that gets into more detail about exactly what I'm working through, which will have spoilers for the parts I haven't posted yet.

Poaching a Kitsune (original NonCon oneshot): https://www.literotica.com/s/poaching-a-kitsune
Keeping a Kitsune (longer sequel, part that I'm stuck on - 3 chapters posted, link to 1st): https://www.literotica.com/s/keeping-a-kitsune-ch-01
 
You can try borrowing some traits of a succubus for this.

For example, the fox spirit, now that she's captured, needs a lot of energy to recuperate before she can return to freedom. She basically can't survive out of captivity for some time.
And to provide this energy the easiest way is sex.
Basically she needs a human being to feel affection for her and you use sexual act as a ritual of energy transfer.
Good sex will give her energy, while bad sex will not, so she basically needs to enjoy it. That's why she can't be just given to some rich guy who will use her as a toy, because they she'll never recuperates and will slowly fade.
Rape is the act of taking, that's why she lost a ton of power when she was raped. On the other hand affectionate sex is giving, that's why she can gain.
And if you want you can still keep the rough sex theme going on - just make her a fetishist who wants it rough. The issue is how HE feels during sex. If he does it for her, she gains power. If for himself, she may lose it. You can even keep it slightly noncon, making it so that she's not a fan of being fucked by him, but she still gains energy.:cattail:

He needs to fuck her good a few times before she's strong enough to let her go. He can still be morally repentant for that he captured her in the first place, but now that he did he can help her that way.

That's what I'm thinking.
 
Last edited:
You should really put a link to your story in your profile. you gave a good description, but nothing better than reading the whole story, when giving ideas.
 
Spoilers

Okay, this part is spoilers for the series both written/unwritten. Fair warning.


So, like I said, the characters have taken on a life of their own while I was writing them. Kylie just showed up while I was editing Chapter 1 of Keeping. She started out as just a car in the parking lot (because there's got to be at least one other guest there), then turned into the flirty punk girl because I wanted some more stuff to happen between sex scenes. Her drawdown on Jason and their confrontation literally wrote itself as I was doing what I thought was a final edit (though the confrontation did go through a few edits before I published). I think she was great for the series, and I like both Jason and Chiyo much better after Kylie kick-started Jason's conscience, despite the current writer's block I'm enduring.

Plot problem 1: Kylie - I've managed to keep Jason from finding Kylie for the first couple of days, but it gets boring with him just playing detective. While an erotic detective might be a fun story, that is not this story. He finds Kylie's identity in chapter 4. The difficulty is that he and Kylie are basically on the same page now, so in principle there's no real problem with getting Chiyo back her pearl. I think Kylie's criminal background and associates are going to be the source of the conflict, so this isn't actually a block right now, but I'm still trying to figure out how to work that in with the rest.

Plot problem 2: sexy times. Again, the characters got away from me. If I'd just left Jason and Chiyo in their 'Master' dynamic that they worked their way into in Chapters 2-3, I could keep that going while dealing with other things, but the conversation at the end of Chapter 3 makes that difficult. I'm thinking Aiko helps things out, but I'm not sure exactly how yet. Basically, I know that it comes down to Jason and Chiyo trusting each other, but I can't seem to write my way back to that at the moment.

Plot problem 3: Once they get Chiyo's pearl back, the easy way to set her free seems to be just driving over the border and letting her out (since I already established that the British have outlawed Kitsune hunting). I suppose I could just do that and end the story there, but I want to write more with these characters and I don't feel like Chiyo will reasonably want to stay. So, any suggestions on why that it won't be that simple will be welcomed.
 
Summary

You should really put a link to your story in your profile. you gave a good description, but nothing better than reading the whole story, when giving ideas.

Sorry, here's a plot synopsis.

Setting: Alternate earth where magical creatures are real and common knowledge, but rare. Also, the US, Russia, and UK never quit occupying Japan after WWII and Japan no longer exists as a sovereign nation.

Story so far: Protagonist Jason is out hiking near the border between the US and UK zones when he sees a naked fox-girl bathing in a mountain lake. Realizing that she's a Kitsune, he researches and hunts her, catching her with a bear trap that breaks her leg. He takes her pearl, which she needs in order to use her magic. While getting her off the mountain, he learns that her name is Chiyo and that she's never seen a human before. He fucks her, taking care to make it enjoyable for her; she has no sense of shame about sex, only innocent curiosity, so she actually finds it to be the least unpleasant portion of her new captivity. (Poaching a Kitsune)

Once off the mountain, there's a brief interlude where a policeman pulls them over and threatens to give Jason a ticket due to a supposed irregularity with his Kitsune hunting license. Jason buys him off with a blowjob from Chiyo. They get back to a seedy motel and have more sex. While getting lunch, Jason meets a punk girl and flirts with her. She nicknames him Cowboy and he nicknames her Kylie. After another round of sex, Jason and Chiyo leave the motel. Kylie runs into them in the parking lot and gets suspicious. She threatens Jason with a stun gun, thinking he's kidnapped Chiyo. Jason explains that Chiyo is a Kitsune, which frightens Kylie. Unsure what to do, Kylie takes Chiyo's pearl as a hostage to Jason's good behavior and stuns Jason before she leaves. (Keeping Chapter One)

Back in Kyoto, Jason grapples with a bout of conscience. He still doesn't view Chiyo as human, but Kylie's suspicion of him as a sex predator has hurt his ego. He decides that he won't have sex with Chiyo without her permission. Chiyo tests his resolve, but after he passes she tells him she likes having sex and it's not a problem. They get Chiyo's leg treated by Jason's ex Amy and return home. Jason continues to wallow in guilt until Chiyo literally slaps him out of it, telling him that she needs his 'Master' side to solve their problems (Chapter Two).

Jason and Chiyo continue to have some BDSM-lite sex, and also officially register Chiyo with the government. They discover that post 9/11, non-humans are viewed as weapons in the US, and she has almost no rights. They talk some more and learn a bit about each other's pasts. Jason's friend Aiko visits and they all hang out. The chapter ends with Jason realizing that Chiyo's consent to their sex is qualified because he has complete legal and physical power, and she's worried about the consequences of saying no to him. (Chapter Three).
 
I read the poaching story, I really did enjoy reading it. Usually I am not a fan of non-human. I may take a look at the others later.
 
Short story plots oughta be simple.

Whats your story's point?
Create a problem the point will fix.
Make the problem worse with events that cannot be undone.
Escalate the problem to a crisis.
Resolve the crisis with a clever fix made possible by your point.

Keep it simple stupid. Napoleon became emperor of France because he ignored laws when crises erupted. Ignoring laws made complex problems easy. He didn't overthink problems. He stole what he needed from all, and won almost every battle he fought (58 of 61). He knew how to keep things simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jat7sdQSx1Q
 
Last edited:
1) still providing sex scenes (this is Lit after all) without betraying my characters moral awakening.
2) figuring out a way for the protagonist to set the fox spirit free that actually requires him to work and sacrifice to do it

He lets her go, then for revenge she sells him out to some other spirit who uses him in kind. Turnabout is fair play, he'll pay the due for his sins, and you get some more NonCon scenes out of it.
 
In November I decided to try and expand that story into a longer work, since I'd gotten a few requests for a sequel.

This is where your trouble started that you might try to avoid in the future. The story is yours. It only needs a sequel if you independently decide it does--and it certainly doesn't need a sequel if you can't think of one on your own.

And, sorry, I don't have any suggestions on where to go from here because I don't believe in writing by committee.
 
This is where your trouble started that you might try to avoid in the future. The story is yours. It only needs a sequel if you independently decide it does--and it certainly doesn't need a sequel if you can't think of one on your own.

And, sorry, I don't have any suggestions on where to go from here because I don't believe in writing by committee.

This.

I was told one of mine needed a sequel, but I don't care to do so, it was all wrapped up nicely, and I can write chaptered stories all the time, it's my short and flash that need work. If it's too much work, leave it alone...or since you asked; magic exist, so how about the guy is looking in to the craft so that the kitsune is sealed in his house, and maybe working on a way to bind them. His buddy.or whatever is wondering why this guy is all in to the occult from out of nowhere.
 
Kill-off everyone and start afresh. Sequels can be told by the cast's ghosts.
 
There are other spirits. One of them may begin to miss the fox. May come hunting for the fox.

Wolf, bear, or the mother spirit of the forest herself might come looking for her lost fox.

I would say it's time to flip the coin, let the other face show. Your spirit trapper is due a taste of his own medicine.
 
Back
Top