Status
Not open for further replies.
The cover is done! The book cover is done!! :D

Anyone want to see it?

(Can you tell I'm excited?)

Yes, please. :D

Yes, please. :D

Yes. :rose:

I love you guys! Luckily my partner's name is so damn generic I can post this without outing him - I "doxed" him just to make sure he'll be safe. As for me, oh well...;)

Let me know what you think - good or bad, it's OK.

3723c992.jpg

640f5578.jpg

I love you guys! Luckily my partner's name is so damn generic I can post this without outing him - I "doxed" him just to make sure he'll be safe. As for me, oh well...;)

3723c992.jpg

640f5578.jpg

ZOMG, it looks great! I'm super-excited for this thing to come out now. Congrats, Keroin!

Also, I was straining to read the back cover, but, alas, I am too blind to make out the words, LOL.

3723c992.jpg

640f5578.jpg

You rule! You are master of two worlds! And a book display!!!!!!

I cannot express the heartiness of my congrats.

I don't know who did the compelling cover design, but that's some first class photoshoppin'! Very cool.

What a high to have birthed this baby through a hard labo(u)r.

Last edited:
This has made me reconsider my hatred towards pedis. If the reward is nails with Willy Wonka and the Hulk snowboarding (on a mountain of your awesomeness, no less!), the horrors of someone touching my feet might be a lot more endurable!

I don't get why it produced such a visceral reaction, either.

I'm glad I can work this sort of miracle. At first they were mountain biking, but that was so... jejune.

I got some more info that put it in better perspective; I think her pinkie toe was ripped off in an industrial everlasting gobstopper accident. So... You know.

Skittish.

Last edited:
You guys... *blushes*

I am on my phone & hate typing this way. More later! But thanks and xoxoxoxo etc

ZOMG, it looks great! I'm super-excited for this thing to come out now. Congrats, Keroin!

Also, I was straining to read the back cover, but, alas, I am too blind to make out the words, LOL.

Thanks BB! I am also super excited...if that is not already painfully obvious, lol.

As for back cover. The blurb is...

How far would you go…

On his first crossing through the warps, Seg discovers a world rich in vita – fuel to save his dying world. Cold, brilliant and desperate to prove himself as a Cultural Theorist, Seg breaks away from the recon squad sent to protect him, to scout out prime vita sources. But to find his prize he must face his biggest fear: water.

Fiery and headstrong, Ama receives an ultimatum from her people’s tyrannical overlords: betray her own kind or give up the boat she calls home, forever. When a wealthy traveler hires her as a guide, Ama thinks her prayers are answered – until a violent murder reveals Seg’s true identity.

On the run, over land and water, hunted by a ruthless and relentless tracker, and caught in the schemes of a political powerhouse, Seg and Ama will have to strike an uneasy truce to survive.

The fate of two worlds is in their hands.

You rule! You are master of two worlds! And a book display!!!!!!

I cannot express the heartiness of my congrats.

I don't know who did the compelling cover design, but that's some first class photoshoppin'! Very cool.

What a high to have birthed this baby through a hard labo(u)r.

Thanks DGE! I feel like I should take a bow or something. :D (Thanks for the superfluous "u" too, lol).

Lots of work ahead still. We are not quite finished formatting the manuscript, which is a royal pain in teh behind. There's also the matter of lining up reviewers who actually read this genre, who will actually read the book, and who will actually give an honest review.

Freaking awesome. *mwah!*

*mwah* back!

I love it -- it looks very cool!

Thanks ITW! It took a long time to get to this cover. Several false starts. I *almost* went with a design I was only about 60% happy with. Glad I didn't!

Also, very cool timing - I have a short story coming out in an anthology at the beginning of October and the publisher let me re-do my bio to include the website for the novel! Yahoo!

Thanks BB! I am also super excited...if that is not already painfully obvious, lol.

As for back cover. The blurb is...

How far would you go…

On his first crossing through the warps, Seg discovers a world rich in vita – fuel to save his dying world. Cold, brilliant and desperate to prove himself as a Cultural Theorist, Seg breaks away from the recon squad sent to protect him, to scout out prime vita sources. But to find his prize he must face his biggest fear: water.

Fiery and headstrong, Ama receives an ultimatum from her people’s tyrannical overlords: betray her own kind or give up the boat she calls home, forever. When a wealthy traveler hires her as a guide, Ama thinks her prayers are answered – until a violent murder reveals Seg’s true identity.

On the run, over land and water, hunted by a ruthless and relentless tracker, and caught in the schemes of a political powerhouse, Seg and Ama will have to strike an uneasy truce to survive.

The fate of two worlds is in their hands.

Thank you. :)

More thumbs up than I have hands for! Congrats.

Wow 14" that's a lot!

Here's me at my shortest A few years ago
6C2234AD-EF40-4E77-B99F-04586DFA5DBF-2999-000002BC407DB824.jpg
now THIS-- is what has made me smile today.

Is she a doll, folks? Yes, she is! :kiss:

Also, having an entire afternoon with my stepdaughter and her sons who are in town so rarely. Wow has she grown up into a wonderful woman. :rose: And her boys (19 years and 7 years old) are the best of friends, like fairytale good friends.

And also, in a purely personal vengeance way, watching a fake, sly, game-playing bitch get her comeuppance yesterday. In public. And I-- I had nothing to do with it! :cattail:

Getting a few very promising responses to my resume
Fixing a lovely bottle of nail polish
Getting more shifts at my current job
A latte

In the midst of stress and worry...

I was woken up late last night to snuggles and spoon fed ice cream [in bed]. It was my day off; I slept until noon (for once).

I spent this evening making us dinner, then eating out in the garden as the sun set. Curled up together, talking about everything under the sun.

It was enough to ignore hell for a while.

In the midst of stress and worry...

I was woken up late last night to snuggles and spoon fed ice cream [in bed]. It was my day off; I slept until noon (for once).

I spent this evening making us dinner, then eating out in the garden as the sun set. Curled up together, talking about everything under the sun.

It was enough to ignore hell for a while.
That is so good to hear. I hope you can keep that feeling for a *while.* :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back