The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It happened in the 5 Doctors, if I recall correctly.
While yes, this is the same Doctor, in a sense, it very obviously (as I noted earlier) isn't really the same story.
The retcons are subtle, but worthy of note. For example: I don't know if you ever watched the original series, but there's never a hint of sexuality in the Doctor. The relationship between him and Sarah Jane is bizarrely chaste.
More, in the original series, Rassilon is virtually a being of legend, not President of the Time Lords.
Trying to reconcile the two series is an exercise in futility, because the two are not the same.
Look at the first (as I said earlier) as a children's story about the Doctor, and the current as the 'real' story.

I've seen them, I've even listened to some of the Big Finnish audions and you're right which is what some fans complain about, such as any hint of a love interest which kind of started with 8 and him not killing even though he has done it before.

I like these things it fleshes him out as a character, in some ways it makes him even more likable. I still think the two series, even 11 channels a bit of the older Doctors like when talk to Jo Grant in the Sarah Jane Adventures, or how he channels 6 in The Beast Below. It's still the same doctor just an older wiser and more fleshed out Doctor which one can attribute to the writing of today.

But I see what you mean, to each their own. As much I would to keep talking about Doctor Who, I need to leave, nice discussing it with you, Vail.
 
New signature turned out very nicely. Many thanks to my dear wolfsis Yeisha for the insperation.

:kiss:
 
As I was raking leaves and packing them tightly in the lawn bags, it had to sit on and straddle the leaf bags. I think I got a little tingly. *giggles*
 
My life is a fucking roller coaster ride and these ups and downs are driving me mad. I'm just petrified that after the last couple of days it's going to be a massive down from now on as the fun that gave me up is gone.
 
LT~

The brother sooo owes me!!!

ALT~

I despise Wal Mart on a weekend.


FLT~

Home again and I swear, I'm not leaving again today and tomorrow. I'm seriously eyeing the tequila bottle.
 
LT~

The brother sooo owes me!!!

ALT~

I despise Wal Mart on a weekend.


FLT~

Home again and I swear, I'm not leaving again today and tomorrow. I'm seriously eyeing the tequila bottle.


*nudges bottle closer to Cait*
tn_483_asombroso_anejo_del_porto_tequila_1180669116.jpg


*hums innocently as I slip away*
 
You know, there was never any expectation of getting a dog today. Funny how things go.
 
Hmmm... since we don't have quarters as a part of our currency, I'd have to go a fifty (cent coin), which would get you a little more than that on the current exchange rates :)

*looks at M13, then at SB... shakes her head and just walks away, taking her bottle with her.*
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top